Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tbf I found in the comments about her outdoor Estée Lauder foundation useful, as it really did not look glowy in the slightest but quite matte, compared with for eg today's photo where I presume she is using a ring light. They looked like two different products.
I personally think when someone is using their own face as the advert, and actually as part of a paid campaign like here, then commentary on the product must be OK.
But yes I tend to agree with not being bitchy about anyone's appearance generally.
Yes, it’s tricky when someone uses themselves as the canvas for product promotion. It feels like a fine line.

Reactions: 2
In today’s column, she’s plugging Hershesons AGAIN. Utterly shameless. I can only assume the Guardian is getting paid for it. Unbelievable.
Yes I just saw that. Wtaf. It is just getting embarrassing now isn't it? And their input was not worth it - wash hair and leave it to air dry. Groundbreaking 👏👏👏 And their usual do not attempt to cut your own hair you morons.
And I am baffled by the header photo they used - what on earth was the point of it?

Reactions: 8
She's phoning it in again... I think we came up with better lockdown ideas. Hilarious to see her finally recommending an avocado face mask - it always made me laugh that week after week in the BTL comments someone would ask for a recipe for avocado (or sometimes oat) face packs. And god knows why yoghurt gives 'extra glow'.

As for the other 'tips' (use handcream, let your hair air dry, paint your nails, immac body hair and apply fake tan)...it's an incoherent mix of rubbish. Seriously, does any kid over the age of 10 not know this stuff? Let alone women who earn enough to afford the expensive creams and products she normally recommends...

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Used to work at Hershesons, they kiss her arse just as much as she does them.
Although, even though she practically wrote his book and wrote the intro thing, he didn’t give a tit as VB wrote something for him and that is the bleeping pinnacle for him.
I just can’t believe she still goes there for freebies. They pay they’re staff minimum wage yet charge £100s for haircuts. Disgusting

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Is it just me but since her teeth grinding raging IG hissy fit and the Estee Laundry bullying piece she hasn’t mentioned Darling Charlotte Tilbury?

Reactions: 2
I'm still laughing at "a shining beacon of light in the beauty industry" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I can't believe she has recommended depilatory creams for the bikini line (she calls then epilation creams, but isn't epilation the process of removing the hair from the root? What would I know as a beefy faced non beauty expert though). It's a terrible, terrible idea to use those creams down there.

Reactions: 3
I can't believe she has recommended depilatory creams for the bikini line (she calls then epilation creams, but isn't epilation the process of removing the hair from the root? What would I know as a beefy faced non beauty expert though). It's a terrible, terrible idea to use those creams down there.
*them

Reactions: 1
"Acetone available in any chemist's"

Just making an extra thing for chemists to deal with on a bank holiday weekend in a pandemic. Give some brand names or something so readers wont have to ask the exhausted pharmacist to find it for them. (Those working in Sali's beloved standalone chemists still haven't had any government guidelines. Some have sectioned off all non-essential products to reduce risk)

Reactions: 3
Looks like one of her pals can't follow lockdown either.
The plebs need to know their place. Surely they must realise that blue tickers are exempt from the same laws that mere mortals must follow?

Reactions: 7
"Acetone available in any chemist's"

Just making an extra thing for chemists to deal with on a bank holiday weekend in a pandemic. Give some brand names or something so readers wont have to ask the exhausted pharmacist to find it for them. (Those working in Sali's beloved standalone chemists still haven't had any government guidelines. Some have sectioned off all non-essential products to reduce risk)
Reminds me of the time she recommended coconut oil to aid in healing tattoos:

"(Incidentally, coconut is a drupe, not a true nut, but do check with your GP if you’re especially susceptible to allergic reaction)."

Yeah because GPs aren't oversubscribed enough as it is.

Actually, it was that same article I started to suspect she was a fraud and probably didn't use half the stuff she wrote about. She recommended a body shop tattoo balm to aid healing. I wanted to buy it and I checked the packaging where it specifically said it should not be used on fresh or healing tattoos

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.