Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s also known that some beauty companies are using the production of essentials (soap, hand sanitiser etc) as a reason to keep all production going. I hope charities giving out “me time” treats as well as the basics aren’t contributing / fuelling demand or providing justification for this behaviour.
Its like the women inher bloody Facebook group, they’re all “god I’m so stressed, I simply NEED a gin and a £30 lipstick, I’m so stressed, cried all day”.

I’m on 80% of my wage and while I’m grateful I’ll have a job after all this I won’t be spunking my reduced wage on “a bold lip”, I mean honestly!

Wow. What a visionary. Thank you Sali De Botton...
She’s just on a higher level than us.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
FYI just been blocked from the group so Sali or her mates are definitely here, hi sali! 👋🏻 Don’t know how I’ll cope without middle aged, middle class women discussing kitchen discos.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
“god I’m so stressed, I simply NEED a gin and a £30 lipstick, I’m so stressed, cried all day”.
I'd facepalm but I'm scared to touch my face.

Also, what the f was that post about her not being offended by what people wear? What is this, medieval times and you'd be punished for wearing velvet when you're a peasant? How can someone's clothes offend you? Mixing prints will cause adverse reactions?
And "Sure, Jan", you don't care what others think, that's why you had to write a short story about it and clearly emphasise that you DNGAF.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
FYI just been blocked from the group so Sali or her mates are definitely here, hi sali! 👋🏻 Don’t know how I’ll cope without middle aged, middle class women discussing kitchen discos.
Blocked from which group? Do you have the same user name elsewhere?

Reactions: 4
They’d be better off giving them some face wipes vs faffy luxury castoffs. For ‘fannies, flights, festivals and frontline workers’.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Blocked from which group? Do you have the same user name elsewhere?
The Facebook group. I’m guessing she worked out my real name, not that I’m that bothered because if you check my posting history I’ve never said anything mean.
I had put the group on unfollow but stayed in just in case I had any burning beauty questions, I only checked back because this thread reminded me 😂

• Haha
I'm sorry, Sabine. If only you had been in possession of the amulet to ward off the spirits of snippiness:
Screenshot 2020-04-09 at 14.15.30.png

• Haha
Reactions: 16
From that "comfortable" post.

What does saying you've worked with EL "but not here" mean/supposed to mean/imply? Screenshot_20200409-154636.jpg

Reactions: 2
Just my opinion but in the light of day there Sali's makeup looks a bit harsh.

Reactions: 2
Looks caked on a chalky. I know they’ve been rave reviews about that foundation but this isn’t a good advertisement for it.

Leopard is the fashion equivalent of "You don't have to be mad to work here but it helps!" "Look, I've got a personality!!!!!"

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She'll send Eric after me for this, but I dont think that red lipstick suits her 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
She'll send Eric after me for this, but I dont think that red lipstick suits her 🙈
I can't decide if it doesn't suit her or if it's just a terrible photo.

Also, that essay about not caring what makeup/ clothes others wear- she says people often ask if she has the urge to fix womens makeup (she then proceeds to list specific examples). People often ask that, do they really Sali?

That kind of sh*te is her trying to imply that women are cack handed idiots who can't apply makeup and it's a skill available to only a select few. Sali and other influencers have got to stop acting like makeup is some kind of black art. We're not all going to be Lisa Eldridge but pretty much all women will be able to apply makeup decently

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I thought it was interesting in the comments someone innocently commented they would like that foundation but were after something glowy instead - after Sali emphasising how glowy it is in previous adverts articles about it. It really did not look at all glowy there did it?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Holy tit, have you seen her latest tweets? She's really good at gaslighting I'll give her that. Almost started to doubt myself but the moment passed once I applied a red lip

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Holy tit, have you seen her latest tweets? She's really good at gaslighting I'll give her that. Almost started to doubt myself but the moment passed once I applied a red lip
Accompanied I hope by a pink tight and a leopard boot. As recommended by Sali Hugh. Singular.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.