Sali Hughes #14 Went to the pub during a pandemic, for real! Never mind, feel as you feel

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
More of a slapdash splotch of foundation than a shining beacon of light.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sali said that Tattle didn't stop, they just doubled down. No, what actually happened was that your Friday rant sent many more people here.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I'm still confused about Sali claiming she DNGAF about anyone else's makeup or clothes, or more importantly that she could care less what anyone thinks about her clothes or makeup.

Why then does she get really snippy if anyone comments on her clothes or makeup rather than just ignoring the comment? Is this a case of protesting too much?:unsure:

Reactions: 6
I love the EL foundation , it’s gorgeous.

She does look overly made up in that photo and without a ring light she looks less glowy .

Reactions: 5
I just looked at the recent tweets about it. Apparently we are jealous? I can say hand on heart I am not jealous 😂 Someone has also said "who has the time".. similar to having time for Twitter and Facebook groups and forums? Makes zero sense.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
That kind of sh*te is her trying to imply that women are cack handed idiots who can't apply makeup and it's a skill available to only a select few. Sali and other influencers have got to stop acting like makeup is some kind of black art. We're not all going to be Lisa Eldridge but pretty much all women will be able to apply makeup decently
This. It's when she (or anyone) goes into 'MY years of experience with make up and skincare make me an expert, but YOURS...well...let's just say, you go out without a bag over your head? Bless your heart...good for you'.

It's bullshit, it's just make-up. It's designed to be foolproof. You can't duck it up. Same with skincare. My favourite In the bathrooms were the ones with Claudia and Caitlin Moran, not because I particularly like either woman, but because their 'look'/application techniques made SH visibly squirm. You could see her hands twitching to get them to blend/use a neutral brown yada yada, to effectively trap them in the bland, boringly dictatorial grip of 'acceptable' make up.

Reactions: 15
I just looked at the recent tweets about it. Apparently we are jealous? I can say hand on heart I am not jealous 😂 Someone has also said "who has the time".. similar to having time for Twitter and Facebook groups and forums? Makes zero sense.
Also 'who has the time' during a global pandemic where many people are at home without work to do / doing less work than usual / generally online a lot. Like we're foregoing more exciting adventures to be on Tattle.

Reactions: 7
Not the 'jealous' accusation again? Usually only applied by certain women to other women. How feminist. Are men ever accused of being jealous if they are critical of another man?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Re SH’s recent tweets: I would actually prefer some of this discussion to be in a private group. I’ve got no desire to witch publicly about, for example, anyone’s appearance.

But the discussion of her (lack of) professional ethics is different and should be discussed publicly. That includes her lack of disclosure of Botox and other procedures while promoting topical products and make up, her failure to follow ASA rules re product/service promotions, her refusal to engage with genuine and polite queries about any of this on her SM, her ‘stalking’ of critics, her history of bullying via twitter, and now some concerns about the apparent refocusing of Beauty Banks.

She could have addressed these issues genuinely and publicly herself at any time. Instead she dismisses *any* criticism as trolling, mental illness and jealous vitriol.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Re SH’s recent tweets: I would actually prefer some of this discussion to be in a private group. I’ve got no desire to witch publicly about, for example, anyone’s appearance.
Tbf I found in the comments about her outdoor Estée Lauder foundation useful, as it really did not look glowy in the slightest but quite matte, compared with for eg today's photo where I presume she is using a ring light. They looked like two different products.
I personally think when someone is using their own face as the advert, and actually as part of a paid campaign like here, then commentary on the product must be OK.
But yes I tend to agree with not being bitchy about anyone's appearance generally.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
But yes I tend to agree with not being bitchy about anyone's appearance generally.
Same, the thread wasn’t really bitchy though. It was “what items of clothing can’t you stand?” Or something like that, someone said jumper dresses and Sali said they were her staple. I’m still laughing at getting blocked, looking back at my posts I’ve only posted eye rolly stuff and a recommendation for Aldi chocolate 😂 get a thicker skin Sali love.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.