Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lockdown column ideas

- how to do makeup and hair to look professional on zoom but with minimal effort
- what products double as masks - take a leaf off an aloe vera and apply nappy rash creme on top?
- if you want a lockdown project - laser hair home stuff, is there science behind the old wives tale that your hair go through the greasy phase to equilibrium?
- key workers - how to keep hair moisturised if you need to use stripping shampoos to wash out any virus traces
- how to buy responsibly-ish, which brands have responsible supply chains, which are paying their freelances still, good supermarket own brand stuff
- how to make products go further - dilute bodywash 1:1 to make it go further?

edit - the most important one - how to stay hygienic when you have a fever, with a version if you can shower and a version without - neither using new products or anything that has to be purchased.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Sourdough is bleeping delicious toasted. She can piss off with her inverted snobbery.
Agreed. And not to mention the ~5 million+ people in the U.K. alone with IBS — often sourdough is the only bread they can eat.

And besides all that, the increased chatter around sourdough is down to people not being able to get a hold of yeast, surely. Possibly people with more time on their hands too. Ultimately... why does she care so much? It’s just another pointless thing she’s decided she has an opinion on. In her head she’s a columnist who should be paid for every thought that flits through her brain. In reality she’s an influencer, end of. Let it go Sali

Reactions: 9
lockdown column ideas
Love all of these! Also:

- using up your stash (eye creams good for elbows, heels, face cream can be used anywhere on the body and so on),
- what to use if you're really stuck (shampoo as handwash (and vice versa), kitchen oils as body oils etc).

But of course, this sort of column isn't be recommending brand new products, so clearly no point doing it.

Reactions: 6
- unrelated -
If anyone is very bored during this lockdown I'd love any advice or tips from you progressive and witty beefy-faced skidmarks for my small mental health tech project. I've been thinking about it for a while and am pitching next week (online) for an alumni grant to get it off the ground.
Its about for mental health needs or user niches which are not adequately catered for / or accessibly catered for, and I have a pdf graphic pitch that I can send in dms. (I don't want to post it directly incase it gets slagged off by Sali for the clicks not being satisfying enough) x
I’d be happy to have a look to :)

- what to use if you're really stuck (shampoo as handwash (and vice versa), kitchen oils as body oils etc).
Yes! Why hasn't she checked if handwashing with shampoo can kill the virus? This stuff would really have calmed people down

Reactions: 2
I love sourdough , makes great toast but a rubbish sandwich.

I’ll get me coat.
I reached peak twit territory when I placed a twice weekly sourdough order with the local hipster bakery (was a cafe until lockdown).

Credit where it's due she has done some great work with Beauty Banks, and it's great to see it extended to NHS. Also the Shelter sleepout she did a while ago. I even donated to that! Back when I was pro Sali.

But I think her minions then see any criticism and are like BUT SHE DOES THINGS FOR CHARITY as if it excuses her being extremely obnoxious and nasty on Twitter.
yep - you can still do good work for charity and be a twit at the same time.

I’m loving the t word at the moment ...

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I had a sourdough pizza for the first time ever a few weeks ago and it was just lovely. Sort of tangy. No strong feelings about sourdough other than this. I would obviously not fit in with the Brighton and Hove scene with that wishy washy attitude. No strong feelings on cheap Vs 'posh' either. (As an aside why is it 'posh' not 'expensive'?)

• Haha
  • Heart
Lisa Eldridge has just released the loveliest video; she's so sincere and warm. It's a good antidote from anything by SH
Sali’s piss must have boiled over with the thought of Lisa having her own documentary

watching that video and listening to how articulate and genuine she is was just a tonic. Lisa truly is in a different league.

• Heart
@DCICassieStuart
Get out now 🤣

Does anyone follow Mary Greenwell? She was lovely on her IGTV too... totally natural and no ring light or anything. It was a bit shoddy in terms of production but it made the video even better.. just felt completely sincere

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Gosh that Lisa Eldridge video. She really does appear so warm, genuine and classy. She's head and shoulders above the rest isn't she. Comparing her content to full time influencers just shows how fake and lazy a lot of them are.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I think there has been some mention here regarding the dog and Lauren (?!) so I thought I'd share this in case anyone is interested.

Screenshot_20200328_102204.jpg

Lauren has her dog for lockdown. Can't imagine being without a member of my family during lockdown, but "you feel how you feel" right?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Column today is predictable, bland & out of date. Presumably dialled in from Brighton when Lush was still open & offering handwashing. Plus Dove is not a soap it is a ‘beauty bar’ - their label as it contains too much moisturiser to classify as soap. How come a top beauty journo doesn’t know this?

Reactions: 12
I think there has been some mention here regarding the dog and Lauren (?!) so I thought I'd share this in case anyone is interested.

View attachment 100721

Lauren has her dog for lockdown. Can't imagine being without a member of my family during lockdown, but "you feel how you feel" right?
If Lauren is completely on her own, this is quite a sweet thing to do. I am and the dog isn't completely keeping me sane, but he is taking the edge off a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Just watched Lisa Eldridge. She has such a lovely manner - soothing, genuine, caring. Very classy.
Completely. And I can't imagine her ever being snarky and superior all over Twitter. Especially during a time like this!

I sound like a raving fan girl 😂 but comparing her to Sali and other influencers really shows them up.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.