Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re dogs - that is a massive ask to expect anyone else to walk your dog in a pandemic - especially as it could be for weeks (unless as you say @Tesla's Ghost you are struck down).

Reactions: 4
I hope this crisis has helped many influencers realize how useless they are. It will be good for personal growth. To be the ones with all the money and none of the skills.

Reactions: 6
I hope this crisis has helped many influencers realize how useless they are. It will be good for personal growth. To be the ones with all the money and none of the skills.
Very true. I thought I was harsh the other day calling their careers 'parasitical' - but they are aren't they? They exist to try to persuade people to buy non essential products.

Reactions: 9
I cannot get over the way she responded to a frontline worker who was expressing her totally valid feelings: “Ha. I get it.” WTF?? No, Sali, you cannot possibly “get it”. None of us who are not on the frontline can. But we can avoid being dismissive dicks.

E1CABDBD-A908-426F-90E6-5613397BA001.jpeg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Yes I don't think poor Caroline was the *right* kind of health care worker. She sounds sad, scared, tired and not able to see clapping as the marvellous benefit she was supposed to.
I liked the reply about how in Germany they applaud their healthcare workers by properly funding the system :LOL:

Feel how you feel...............🤦‍♀️ So dismissive
So was the "Ha. I get it ..."

I cannot get over the way she responded to a frontline worker who was expressing her totally valid feelings: “Ha. I get it.” WTF?? No, Sali, you cannot possibly “get it”. None of us who are not on the frontline can. But we can avoid being dismissive dicks.

View attachment 100459
Imagine feeling like this, and a blueticker influencer dismissing you with a "Ha. I get it ..." from their poncy Brighton living room

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I thought I was having terrible (and I mean terrible) deja vu. She has written about this before hasn't she? Including the unforgettable 'kitchen toasters'?
I know a fluffy Pool style piece might be a tonic for the nation 🤭 but I dunno, are there not more pressing and actually interesting beauty related topics a journalist doing not much else might explore? The ethics of buying beauty stuff online at this time (as discussed here), the way forward for beauty influencers in a culture that now values toilet roll and food over fripperies?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Sourdough is bleeping delicious toasted. She can piss off with her inverted snobbery.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She's a serious journalist don't you know! A whole piece on sourdough. Ronan Farrow must be shitting himself.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Glastonbury Always does the right thing guys :sick:. The virtue signalling is nauseating

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
She's been going for years and years....She's like a tragic 18 year old trying to be the cool one in the sixth form common room.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
She's been going for years and years....She's like a tragic 18 year old trying to be the cool one in the sixth form common room.
I just think she takes herself so utterly seriously. CH is poncing around in her kitchen in her apron being ranty but it’s not staged (I don’t think). Actually have enjoyed CH stories when blasting minted people for treating their employees like shite. Brings the best and the worst out of people, this situation we are in.

Reactions: 8
She tends to write the same thing over and over again, remember the line about Chanel no 5 being like a loaded pistol in her knickers

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
Lisa Eldridge has just released the loveliest video; she's so sincere and warm. It's a good antidote from anything by SH

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.