Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The big beauty brands must have been making billions the past few years, they should be able to weather the storm and you would think still be able to pay their staff something if business is paused
But what about the bonuses for the executives? Who's going to pay for their luxurious lifestyles? What about their families? Their mistresses? Their dealers?
Kidding aside, but we should take note who is doing what at a time like this.

Reactions: 6
What was the original question to that twitter exchange, or was it someone just expressing 'I love curry too'? I can't think of any situation where anything would demand a response like that over just ignoring them?

On the influencer 'new corona activation plan', I reckon SH will go for the old 'keep calm and double cleanse on', rated hand sanitisers/hand cream, other pampering products for hands (never miss an opputunity to upsell!), face masks (all that free time beef faces!), the perfect red lipstick...or the favourite 'spendy treats'. Because if your loved ones are dying, you'll need something to 'cheer yourself up'. Any other suggestions?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
But what about the bonuses for the executives? Who's going to pay for their luxurious lifestyles? What about their families? Their mistresses? Their dealers?
Kidding aside, but we should take note who is doing what at a time like this.
you aren’t even joking, it’s that heinous.

There's no polite way of putting this, so I'm just going to say it. What an absolute witch that woman is :mad:
she is just inexcusably rude isn’t she. I do believe witch is her automatic response mode. The Sx is well forced.

Reactions: 7
This was the original tweet...
Screenshot_20200317_114359.jpg

So the guy was just replying saying he also liked curry and mentioning two of his fave dishes.
A normal response to that would surely be "I don't eat meat, but I do love chickpea curry" or something along those lines. Honestly, the way that she replies to people is disgusting. Why does she bother? We get it Sali, you think you're better than people. You are a true bin person, piss boiler sometimes.

It's actually made me really sad. Even when she did a stupid, snippy reply, he apologised and responded with some veggie friendly faves and she was STILL horrible.

There's no polite way of putting this, so I'm just going to say it. What an absolute witch that woman is :mad:
It's really awful isn't it? I don't know why she treats people so horribly. Makes me feel so uncomfortable and I don't know why her friends don't call her out on it.

Update.

Even after her sarcastic, tit arse reply... he is still being so polite. Maybe Sali could learn something instead of treating people like utter shite.

Screenshot_20200317_120024.jpg

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 20
This was the original tweet...
View attachment 96684

So the guy was just replying saying he also liked curry and mentioning two of his fave dishes.
A normal response to that would surely be "I don't eat meat, but I do love chickpea curry" or something along those lines. Honestly, the way that she replies to people is disgusting. Why does she bother? We get it Sali, you think you're better than people. You are a true bin person, piss boiler sometimes.

It's actually made me really sad. Even when she did a stupid, snippy reply, he apologised and responded with some veggie friendly faves and she was STILL horrible.

It's really awful isn't it? I don't know why she treats people so horribly. Makes me feel so uncomfortable and I don't know why her friends don't call her out on it.

Update.

Even after her sarcastic, tit arse reply... he is still being so polite. Maybe Sali could learn something instead of treating people like utter shite.

View attachment 96699
People. You are forgetting one extremely important factor. The person daring to join in wasn’t a blue ticker. They were mere pleb.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She is a cow, I'm sorry to say. That has also made me really sad.
It made me feel sad too. Still he persisted being pleasant in the face of unrelenting rudeness. Just imagine if Nigella had offered exactly the same comments to her? And I found his fenugreek (methi leaf) tip to thicken sauces a good idea.

People. You are forgetting one extremely important factor. The person daring to join in wasn’t a blue ticker. They were mere pleb.
Snap!

Reactions: 22
It will be interesting to see where influencer culture goes. You would think with millions of people being housebound there is a captive audience but their trivial fluffy gifted lifestyles will really not fit the mood.
I just cannot see any content for a long time concentrating on purchasing expensive things or bragging about #gifted experiences being appropriate at all. Or videos with the influencer moaning on about how the crisis is affecting them.
I agree with @Jade Mitzi that possibly the influencer bubble is about to burst. How can a career based on #ADs hold up now at all? People are struggling to acquire the bare necessities and don't want to people stealthily trying to sell you luxuries - and they don't actually do anything else really do they for the main part?

• Heart
You'd think a charity founder has had some PR training or some self-awareness about how they interact with people on social media. I throw my money towards a local charity and have met the CEO in person - she's gracious, intelligent and kind, and on Twitter, she's also gracious, intelligent and kind.

Makes me glad I never contributed to Beauty Banks, if that's how she's willing to talk to mortal plebs, whilst getting her nose dirty at someone with a blue tick.

That poor person. I REALLY wanted to add "And she has no manners" but I don't want to get Eric stuck in my catflap.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.