Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The one where she disabled comments on her own site for the only time ever (I think) because she knew damn well what people would ask.
The 'anti-aging' one - illustrated (bizarrely) with pictures of a heavily made-up and photoshopped SH with bandages around her head?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
This belter of a product, called Scandaleyes Volume On Demand Mascara (£7.99; rimmellondon.com), may well be wasted on the young.
Going back a page or two, but this mascara is the tit. It's so good if you love a very mascara-y mascara (that description is why I don't have a beauty column).

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Surely mixing serums together decreases their efficacy? And what if you use two that contradict each other or have ingredients that clash
Given that serums are likely to be mixed with moisturiser, primer (prob more than one according to the gurus), foundation, powder, concealer, setting spray etc when they are applied, there's probably little risk of a 'clash'. A colossal waste of money, yes, but who gives a tit when you're coining it in pushing rubbish you wouldn't pay for yourself onto your cult followers? Call it a cocktail, consider yourself empowered and mix a big fistful, suckers!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
If you see pictures of Sali without the use of her ring light she looks quite her age. There is a lot of deception in her portrayal of her own face. I think many followers would be surprised.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Given that serums are likely to be mixed with moisturiser, primer (prob more than one according to the gurus), foundation, powder, concealer, setting spray etc when they are applied, there's probably little risk of a 'clash'. A colossal waste of money, yes, but who gives a tit when you're coining it in pushing rubbish you wouldn't pay for yourself onto your cult followers? Call it a cocktail, consider yourself empowered and mix a big fistful, suckers!!
Not sure why clash is in inverted commas, some ingredients do work against each other, e.g vitamin c and vitamin b3

The point I was making is that no one needs fo layer serums, it can be pointless and sometimes counterproductive.

Going back a page or two, but this mascara is the tit. It's so good if you love a very mascara-y mascara (that description is why I don't have a beauty column).
I’m going to get this today , cheers Tattlers👍

If you see pictures of Sali without the use of her ring light she looks quite her age. There is a lot of deception in her portrayal of her own face. I think many followers would be surprised.
This is interesting , I’d like to see a comparison .

Reactions: 2
Another perfume video up. Haven't watched it but there's many comments like "you're so good at describing perfumes!"

I am still genuinely quite confused why 3 weeks ago she is working with Estée Lauder foundation as part of an 'ongoing campaign'.
Three weeks later, wearing the foundation is not an AD 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 9
Watch the Wayne Goss video on the effect the special lighting has on vloggers/influencers in giving them perfect, glowy skin, it's very... enlightening.

Another perfume video up. Haven't watched it but there's many comments like "you're so good at describing perfumes!"
i think the polar opposite. Her descriptions are almost desperate in places, not sure if it’s lack of imagination or vocabulary. She has yet to make me want to try a fragrance based on her #ad and some she has mentioned that I own, I don’t recognise from her ‘scene setting’

re the lighting/filter. It absolutely makes a difference and not just a smidge.

Here's an example of her normal aging undereye area that you never really see due to the smoothing effects of the ring light. The egg smooth forehead is down to botox of course.
That red lipstick doesn’t suit her very well.

That’s a pretty unflattering photo. In the fan pics she posts she looks great. I might not like how she doesn’t disclose adds and she’s phoning in her column, but she is a good looking woman.
That picture somehow even makes her teeth look bad.

Reactions: 3
Here's an example of her normal aging undereye area that you never really see due to the smoothing effects of the ring light. The egg smooth forehead is down to botox of course.
I think it sad that normal aging here is seen as a bad thing in her industry. Her face there is lovely and full of life.

I agree she looks fine. The point is she presents her face as appearing much more smooth and line free than it is alongside the anti-aging skincare product flavor of the week. I would love if she posted her natural smiling lined face. It would be a service to her followers. Pretty honest.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.