Sali Hughes #13 The best new products I’ve been using for years

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree she looks fine. The point is she presents her face as appearing much more smooth and line free than it is alongside the anti-aging skincare product flavor of the week. I would love if she posted her natural smiling lined face. It would be a service to her followers. Pretty honest.
Totally agree with you. I absolutely hate the mantra these days that a face with a line or wrinkle is an unattractive face. I find it sad for her she feels she has to promote this idea.

Reactions: 6
Yep - much prefer that off-guard photo of Sali - it's vibrant, has a true smile and the happiness in her eyes is genuine. It's so much more authentic than the bland smell-the-fart face with a ring-light.

Reactions: 10
Here's an example of her normal aging undereye area that you never really see due to the smoothing effects of the ring light. The egg smooth forehead is down to botox of course.
She looks lovely here. Very natural and genuinely good looking

Reactions: 5
If I saw more photos like this I would think she looks nice, normal, and so do I. How reassuring. I wouldn't necessarily think those serums were doing miracles so I would be less inclined to buy.

Reactions: 4
Slightly off topic but pre mega Covid-19 drama last weekend I got myself a couple of testers of the EL futurist Foundation (which is apparently already massive in Asia). Anyway ... I BLOODY LOVE IT. I really, really love it

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Too many shades to order online
Yeah - now it’s all in boots, Debenhams, etc etc I got a couple of testers - they are colour matching and giving samples of a weeks worth of product. So I’ve stocked up! Got 3 weeks worth :)

Reactions: 3
Yeah - now it’s all in boots, Debenhams, etc etc I got a couple of testers - they are colour matching and giving samples of a weeks worth of product. So I’ve stocked up! Got 3 weeks worth :)
Whenever I do this, they all colourmatch different shades (but close together). Amazingly, they all still look equally fine when mixed together in a big pot...

Reactions: 1
That photo of Sali is actually rather lovely. She has that "cool but relatable best mate" vibe that drew me in to start with. And I love the lipstick!

Others who have mentioned the EL foundation - it's the absolute business. I love it. Really disappointed in their lack of cool, pale shades though. Their cool bone shade is perfect for me - ecru is a tad too dark and porcelain is a shade too light. Bah.

Whenever I do this, they all colourmatch different shades (but close together).
That digital shade matcher gadget they use on EL counters doesn't work on me, it always comes out too dark.

Reactions: 5
The next few months are going to be weird. I assume the influencers won’t be able to get their botox and fillers for a while?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
The next few months are going to be weird. I assume the influencers won’t be able to get their botox and fillers for a while?
It is going to be wierd. Plus the appetite for lots of expensive products will drop I think. All seems a bit irrelevant when you are worrying about how/when you can just get the bare essentials and pay bills if you aren't working.
Influencers flashy lifestyles with all their freebies will look increasingly tone deaf.

Reactions: 17
It is going to be wierd. Plus the appetite for lots of expensive products will drop I think. All seems a bit irrelevant when you are worrying about how/when you can just get the bare essentials and pay bills if you aren't working.
Influencers flashy lifestyles with all their freebies will look increasingly tone deaf.
i think this could well be the demise of the influencer culture, nobody really gives a crap about perfume and makeup launches when they are struggling with life and loved ones. The big beauty brands must have been making billions the past few years, they should be able to weather the storm and you would think still be able to pay their staff something if business is paused. Bit like Branson, personally worth $4 billion but making his staff take unpaid leave and asking for a Govt bailout.

that Estee Laundry piece is the pits.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.