Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m genuinely trying to understand why she would snap like that at somebody who is basically agreeing with her. Or am I misreading it?

• Sad
Reactions: 7
The absolute hypocrisy of Hughes moralising about the effects upon mental health of Internet bullying as the news breaks that Caroline Flack has taken her own life. Hughes was one of the chief mood setters of the bullying ring that targeted Dawn O'Porter. She disgusts me.View attachment 84575
Gosh I would love to call her out on this but my Twitter is a work account and can't really post things non work related. I even considered starting a new one but if I tweeted her on that would just be dismissed as a troll due to new account/low followers.

What PLANET IS SHE ON. Honestly. I think trolling is awful. And I think some comments on this site go a bit far for my tastes. But I've never seen anything like that on her threads. As we have said many times, it is made up of people who used to like her, support her, buy her books and recommendations.

Does she know the meaning of the word bullied? It's an absolute insult to the people that do actually experience it.

The nerve of even insinuating that she can somehow relate to Caroline. What Caroline has been through in the press recently is on a completely different scale.

I am actually outraged. What has happened to this woman who I used to actually admire?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
The tone deafness of her taking the high moral ground on this is breathtaking.
She was an online troll and bully for a year - part of the 'coven'. The proof is in these threads.
I hardly think a few people questioning her ethics and writing style compares really does it?
Plus the fact Dawn and Caroline were great friends makes it more icky imo.

Reactions: 20
I actually think she is delusional, something is really off about this

Reactions: 13
Hard
Gosh I would love to call her out on this but my Twitter is a work account and can't really post things non work related. I even considered starting a new one but if I tweeted her on that would just be dismissed as a troll due to new account/low followers.

What PLANET IS SHE ON. Honestly. I think trolling is awful. And I think some comments on this site go a bit far for my tastes. But I've never seen anything like that on her threads. As we have said many times, it is made up of people who used to like her, support her, buy her books and recommendations.

Does she know the meaning of the word bullied? It's an absolute insult to the people that do actually experience it.

The nerve of even insinuating that she can somehow relate to Caroline. What Caroline has been through in the press recently is on a completely different scale.

I am actually outraged. What has happened to this woman who I used to actually admire?
Hard agree. I used to be such an admirer. GTL member, faithful reader of her work. How she can compare people asking her to be more transparent with her 'honest' beauty writing with CF I just can't fathom. I can't believe she is making this about her, esp after bullying DoP.

• Sad
Reactions: 17
I actually think that to be saying the things she is about online bullying, she must genuinely believe that she wasn’t instrumental in the bullying against Dawn? Otherwise it would be along the lines of ‘I’ve said things in the past I’m not proud of and have fully apologised etc due to the impact I now understand it has’?

I genuinely believe people are nuanced and not all good or bad but just human but then I think you have to own it.

Reactions: 10
I think for her to have that sort of response must mean she does not / can not see the role she played with DOP... she genuinely doesn’t see it for some reason. Does she ever question herself or her behaviour or is everything so black and white / right or wrong / binary? She talks about nuance and there being more than meets the eye in that tweet, yet cannot see that she comes across as the exact opposite when she communicates on social media and in her writing.

Feel very sorry for CF - she must have been feeling so sad, alone and lost.

As one the previous posters says , I do believe some of the comments on here (not this thread) do go a bit far. I’m sitting here trying to work out if anything on this thread is bullying towards Sali and I’m struggling to see it, but maybe I’m telling myself that to feel better... ? I do like to mull these things over and question my own actions and feelings this brings up.

In general the comments are aimed at her behaviour rather than anything else - e.g. the snippy replies, stealth advertising and OTT declarations that she paid for this, that and the other. Oh, and the word salad of a beauty column she puts out every week ,which I generally don’t read anymore (unless someone here alerts me to a new word for my ‘word a day’ list) .

Reactions: 14
Words completely fail how that woman can make this about her and her ‘experience‘ with a few people who have called out her shady schilling practice. A young woman was hounded and vilified by the media, literally to death, but Sali, an IG influencer with a few threads on Tattle is in the same boat.

FFS SIT DOWN AND SHUT UP SALI

• Angry
Reactions: 12
She edited her latest IG post to clarify which products were gifted vs bought. Originally she didn't make it clear. Still no #AD as is required.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I'm waiting for an influencer to experience consequences for failing to correctly label an ad...

Reactions: 5
She has erased any memories of her being a member of a Twitter gang mercilessly ripping the piss out of Dawn , it never happened and if she does ever have an inkling ‘it was years and years ago’.

To align herself with being trolled and bullied on here is bullshit , there is no comparison with what some tv personalities have been dealing with and it says a lot about bandwagon Sali and her morals.

• Angry
I agree with her Twitter that we need more nuance, that it's npt always clear who are the villains and victims. And I wish she could apply the same logic here. People here have clearly stated influencers have had a negative impact on their mental health and contributed to debt problems. I think lots of us would have this conversation on Insta etc, but any dissent is labelled trolling and gets deleted or pile ons.

Reactions: 13
I agreed with her twitter post too. I can’t abide the white washing that has come in the wake of CF’s death.

I also can’t take how diluted the term trolling has become.
Any criticism is trolling. Next parents evening, I’m going to pull the teachers for trolling my kid. Seems that’s where we are now.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Any criticism is trolling.
Excellent point. It's as if the only acceptable response on IG is adoration and gratitude and anything else is trolling.

As has been said before, if there had been a tolerance for more grown-up, varied, dialogue on SH's social media this thread wouldn't exist.

ETA: @Twittrerisyouroffice Sorry, I've just seen that you've made pretty well the same point above.

Last edited:
Infuencers would probably call an annual review trolling, bullying and hate speech.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Excellent point. It's as if the only acceptable response on IG is adoration and gratitude and anything else is trolling.

As has been said before, if there had been a tolerance for more grown-up, varied, dialogue on SH's social media this thread wouldn't exist.

ETA: @Twittrerisyouroffice Sorry, I've just seen that you've made pretty well the same point above.
No problem. Someone else just made the point far more eloquently than me over on the MOD/ FOD thread.

There are posts on this forum that I strongly disagree with, focusing on appearance and being nasty or speculating on private lives. I'm here because it seems like the only place where people can critique influencers.

Reactions: 8
If I was DOP I’d be seething - SH has commented on her very touching & obviously devastated IG posts. How dare she?! She absolutely trolled DOP with her gang of cronies for MONTHS. Does she lack the brains to see she is part of the toxic online culture she is bleating about now? Ugh. What a horrible hypocrite.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.