Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh I didn’t know they did a copy of this, my favourite perfume ever. I’ll have to take a look as Byredo is just a rip off. Thank you!
In other news one post on here has led me to being blocked on twitter and Instagram.
jesus wept. SALI, YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN. Her obsession is a bit out-with the norm. I just read an article on how Trump is now exacting revenge on all those who spoke against him leasing up to and during the impeachment trial. This smacks of the same self obsessed, ridiculous behaviour. Nobody must say anything negative.

what a strange little life she must lead. Full of disappointment.

Reactions: 8
jesus wept. SALI, YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN
It's obsessive. I wonder how long she can keep a lid on it. I'll say it again, why does she keep reading here if it upsets her to have critics? To borrow her terrible phrase, "no one normal" would continue to do it. Their needy ego would be satiated by the tens of thousands of fawning followers telling them how wonderful and beautiful they are on the reg. Why does she focus on a few dissenting opinions in a far corner of the internet? Why doesn't her therapist tell her to stop?

Or maybe it's the assistant? Hardwired now to do it automatically? LIke a lab rat pushing the button for more cocaine

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Her columns [...] also remind me of how much the guardian uses language that made younger me feel too uneducated to read it
I thought I had a reasonable vocabulary but a recent Grauniad article contained the word 'pelagic' - even after Googling it I couldn't work out WTF the writer was on about.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
It's obsessive. I wonder how long she can keep a lid on it. I'll say it again, why does she keep reading here if it upsets her to have critics? To borrow her terrible phrase, "no one normal" would continue to do it. Their needy ego would be satiated by the tens of thousands of fawning followers telling them how wonderful and beautiful they are on the reg. Why does she focus on a few dissenting opinions in a far corner of the internet? Why doesn't her therapist tell her to stop?

Or maybe it's the assistant? Hardwired now to do it automatically? LIke a lab rat pushing the button for more cocaine
Totally. Yet I'm sure Boris stopping dissenting reporters at press thingies is seen as appalling by SH and her chums. Free speech and all that. Not exactly the same I know but seriously. Wtaf. It just seems so pathetic really.

Reactions: 5
duck sake. Block! All! Dissent! How utterly pathetic, tracking/blocking.

Sali bingo. I'm sure I've heard that before. Her word choice demonstrates her meagre mind as much as her #ipaidforthis haughtiness demonstrates her actual job - glorified QVC sales via Instagram.

And press treatments. Really.

Reactions: 7
duck sake. Block! All! Dissent! How utterly pathetic, tracking/blocking.

Sali bingo. I'm sure I've heard that before. Her word choice demonstrates her meagre mind as much as her #ipaidforthis haughtiness demonstrates her actual job - glorified QVC sales via Instagram.

And press treatments. Really.
Haughty. Spot on.

Reactions: 1
I can’t stand Russell Howard but it did make me smile to think of Sali reading this in Weekend magazine 👍🏼
she doesn’t see herself in that category though, would probably nod and agree with him. Serious journo with integrity is our Sal (in her own head anyway)

The ASA have ‘clarified’ their ad declaration requirements. It’s like it’s been done specifically to convey how slippery influencers like SH have been behaving. She will be raging 😂

Can’t wait to read her updated disclaimer... it will be Sali word salad at its finest.
teeth will be getting ground good style 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Neatly clears up the Chanel photo shoot, for one thing.

In fact.. I know a number of people complained. I wonder if that campaign was one of the triggers for the clarification? The timing fits.

And the ASA were at pains to say these aren’t new rules, just making it very super extra abundantly clear what they expect from influencers. They are thankfully becoming wise to the games these shady influencers are playing.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
The ASA have ‘clarified’ their ad declaration requirements. It’s like it’s been done specifically to convey how slippery influencers like SH have been behaving. She will be raging 😂

Can’t wait to read her updated disclaimer... it will be Sali word salad at its finest.
That is brilliant - thanks for posting. It really really cannot be any clearer can it? Anything given free is a bleeping #AD. Why do influencers pretend it is so complicated and difficult?
All her followers saying 'poor thing why should you have to do this' are completely falling for her hard done by routine of actually having to be transparent.
And in her reply to someone a few weeks ago on IG about how people here don't care if others break the rules - well this is a SH thread so is about her, if she/Lauren had a wander around other Tattle threads they would see that many many other influencers are held up to the same scrutiny.
Yes I wonder if the sheer brazen nature of the Chanel campaign was a bit of a tipping point. That was bleeping ridiculous and embarrassing.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.