Sali Hughes #12 This is not a thread. It is not paid for, not sponsored, nor required by Sali

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sal would be able to tell you what cane first, the chicken or the egg. Cause she’s been about for agggges

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Has she officially announced the second edition of Pretty Honest yet? I find the whole book thing odd. First it was a novel, then a cookbook, then a lifestyle book, now we’re back to rehashing beauty.

Which fits with a previous poster here saying she tried her hand at becoming an all-round columnist (or at least things other than beauty) at The Pool but it seems to have fizzled out once The Pool shut down, no one else was interested.

Is she holding off so it doesn’t clash with Caroline’s? Out in April.

Reactions: 3
Yes I remember her or someone saying it was part lifestyle part memoir (possibly with recipes???). An unkind person might label it mishmash. The trouble is when people put their lives on IG anyway (including recipes involving cheese) how relevant are books like that?

Reactions: 4
Remember Caitlin Moran got away with publishing a job lot of her Times’ columns as a book? Thank duck those days are over.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I hope she puts her recipe in the cook book!
Oh God does anybody remember how people used to go on and on and on about her bloody macaroni cheese on Gtl? People were losing their tit over it. Looked completely unremarkable.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Oh God does anybody remember how people used to go on and on and on about her bloody macaroni cheese on Gtl? People were losing their tit over it. Looked completely unremarkable.
Oh my God yes, I remember that. Arse lickers all over her because of her 'amazing' macaroni cheese. Looked decidedly average to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Kind of off topic but here's a big blue ticker who is on the fringes of her twitter pals questioning Scofe. I'm off to see what John Niven has to say!
The real story behind his sudden announcement is all over Twitter. Joan Collins was on the telly this morning querying why he’s announced it when it was apparently an open secret for years. And his wife, what’s the deal there?

Reactions: 2
The real story behind his sudden announcement is all over Twitter. Joan Collins was on the telly this morning querying why he’s announced it when it was apparently an open secret for years. And his wife, what’s the deal there?
You really need to look at the Pip Schofield thread on here - if you have about 5 days! A huge rabbit hole to go down.
Oh I remember that - didn't she use five different types of cheese? It always looked too greasy for me (not that she would invite me round these days I dare say).

Fair play to SH - if I scoffed that much cheese I would be bloody massive 🧀

Last edited:
  • Haha
Yes I remember her or someone saying it was part lifestyle part memoir (possibly with recipes???). An unkind person might label it mishmash. The trouble is when people put their lives on IG anyway (including recipes involving cheese) how relevant are books like that?
Ooooh a bit like Dolly Alderton’s book then?

🥴

I’m quite partial to falling down the Schofield thread and the Harry and Meghan-Markle one... I’m not remotely interested in the ex HRHs but by god there are some off the scale conspiracy theories on that one ...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Kind of off topic but here's a big blue ticker who is on the fringes of her twitter pals questioning Scofe. I'm off to see what John Niven has to say!
Yeah thats what I heard - very far down a drunk grapevine - something along those lines. a tabloid was ready to publish a story of Scofe with a much younger lad and Scofe took the logical decision to jump rather than be pushed.

Sounds like a Gilbert and Sullivan lyric.

🎵 something, something, something, something perpendicular 🎵
Ahaha you are so right! Thanks for the earworm btw.

I thought her wordage was like those people standing up to say 'unacustomed as I am to public speaking' before launching into tortured word salad - rather like Leonard Sachs being the compere on The Good Old Days (one for teenagers there).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.