Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did the same. Scared of milia too

I don't wear concealer, because it always looks worse than none
I find the same on my eyes. Without concealer, I have fine lines. With, I have heavy outer eye crinkles. Picture Kris Kristoffersen. I have sun damage high in my cheekbones I'm always keen to cover, but this positioning seeps into my fine lines, creating the aboved aged country music singer look. Send help! Currently using bare minerals, which seems light in texture. Sali-recommended byTerry click pen was awful on me (to be fair to her, lots of GTL/SHB members really rated it, which was why I bought it)

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I haven't looked at their site yet
Oooh they have a lip line treatment ...

And it's two for three today

15 pounds shipping

Any other standout products to make the shipping worthwhile?

Last edited:
I think these train Insta posts are staged. I can’t believe she does all that on a train. Has her make-up bag got a ticket? 😂
I can't believe how many products she uses to achieve her usually very dull look. Nicola Chapman posted on IG eye makeup which looked much better than SH's ever does, which was achieved with two products - one of SH's beloved sticks and mascara.

• Haha
  • Heart
The cleansing balm?

I can't believe how many products she uses to achieve her usually very dull look. Nicola Chapman posted on IG eye makeup which looked much better than SH's ever does, which was achieved with two products - one of SH's beloved sticks and mascara.
I know. I see all those products, and I don't even bother

I stopped wearing eye cream while I was in my I love Sali phase as she said it wasnt needed.Gosh it's like a cult isn't it how much they can influence behaviour. But I think I do need one does anyone have any recommendations? I'm conscious that some can cause milia, I've heard thay they can but not sure which ingredients to avoid?
I’ve always found that I get milia when using anything oily (discovered at first after around 2 years of using everything CH recommended AND the clarins night oil whilst being convinced that my skin was getting better whilst it was slowly getting worse. I have dehydrated skin that DOES NOT need oil thank you very much)
Anyway.. I digress... I like making sure I get the hado labo toner right up and around my eyes, loads of avene spray (yes I know it’s just water but I like it) and then when it’s dried down a bit to use the cerave eye cream.
Tends to keep things from looking super dry and wrinkly when putting concealer on top (Clarins)

Reactions: 1
Trips to NYC 🗽 only come with high BB stick sales figures hence product placement on the rail tray. #presstreatment hairdos... Again? Do investigative journalists looking into the hot topics of the day get #presstreatments to soothe their brains and typing fingers?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 4
Slightly off (but sort of on) topic. Has anyone seen the Dawn O’Porter blog site she’s doing through Patreon? An interesting concept.. you have to pay a subscription.. but I’m finding it a really refreshing concept that someone has decided to write for a living and just decided to get paid for it in a really transparent way.
Weird huh?

@Vexxed, what sort of sun damage do you have? Is it just the fine lines or age spots?

For concealing around the eyes actually SH is right- a thin layer of corrector with a thin layer of concealer on top works a lot better evening out the skin tone. I love Tarte’s CC under eye corrector- it’s less shimmery than Becca’s. And Clarins Instant Concealer on top.

I haven't looked at their site yet
Oooh they have a lip line treatment ...

And it's two for three today

15 pounds shipping

Any other standout products to make the shipping worthwhile?
The Youth Preservation Moisturiser, Intensely Youthful Eye Cream and Retinol are all staples for me,

I honestly can't fault any of her products and I've tried pretty much all of them and I love that I'm buying from a small independent brand

I think these train Insta posts are staged. I can’t believe she does all that on a train. Has her make-up bag got a ticket? 😂
You took the words right out of my mouth, there is no way she is getting on train sans slap. So contrived.

The Youth Preservation Moisturiser, Intensely Youthful Eye Cream and Retinol are all staples for me,

I honestly can't fault any of her products and I've tried pretty much all of them and I love that I'm buying from a small independent brand
I bought the eye cream, lip treatment, cleanser (got two free as well) and the Youth Serum

(I use tretinoin, and I have a tonne of moisturiser already)

Thanks for pointing me to the brand

I bought the eye cream, lip treatment, cleanser (got two free as well) and the Youth Serum

(I use tretinoin, and I have a tonne of moisturiser already)

Thanks for pointing me to the brand
I hope you like it!

I would love to be able to get my mitts on some tretinoin.

My derm prescribes it. Insurance won't cover it though, so I pay $220 a tube. Ugh

• Wow
I can't make up my mind about whether they're staged or not. Sali would absolutely love to get into an argument with someone about her putting make up on a train, and then rush to Twitter to regale everyone. Then again Sali would pick a fight in an empty room. But for someone who hates the idea of sticking a clean finger into a pot, she's happy to do flat-ish lays on public transport.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Oof. Have just seen the hair. Perhaps an unflattering angle, but that fringe looks like it has been cut with those children's safety scissors.

• Haha
I’ve always found that I get milia when using anything oily (discovered at first after around 2 years of using everything CH recommended AND the clarins night oil whilst being convinced that my skin was getting better whilst it was slowly getting worse. I have dehydrated skin that DOES NOT need oil thank you very much)
Anyway.. I digress... I like making sure I get the hado labo toner right up and around my eyes, loads of avene spray (yes I know it’s just water but I like it) and then when it’s dried down a bit to use the cerave eye cream.
Tends to keep things from looking super dry and wrinkly when putting concealer on top (Clarins)
The Clarins concealer seems very popular I might give it a try. Is it good for all skin types? I'm combination but concealer v often goes quite patchy and dry under my eyes, but then again is most probably as I don't use eye cream.

I’m in desperate need to a decent, effective eye cream. I’ve been using a BP one that’s useless. I’ve got really crepey skin around my eyes. I’ve had milia in the past too so have always avoided any heavy eye creams. I’ve heard the Drunken Elephant one is good but £50 is way beyond my budget.

The Clarins concealer seems very popular I might give it a try. Is it good for all skin types? I'm combination but concealer v often goes quite patchy and dry under my eyes, but then again is most probably as I don't use eye cream.
I’ve recently bought it and am very impressed. My skin is quite dry but this has a lovely consistency and has excellent coverage

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.