Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Tesla's Ghost, exactly, the germs would be my main worry. Also for me putting on make up is a relaxing private ritual done when I have time. Applying it anywhere public, apart from a quick lipstick retouch or lip balm, would feel rather too much like a chore and personal intrusion.

Call me a cynic, but having decided that pretty much any influencer’s insta post has to be a calculated attempt to maintain publicity, the value for this one seems to be the #prsssamples. When you click on that it brings up a whole load of other beauty influencers’ posts. Even though SH says she’s her post is not part of a BB-sponsored campaign, I wonder whether tagging it this way helps her maintain visibility and another way of driving traffic through to her insta.

Reactions: 3
Oh, one more oil deviation - the Neom night oil is lovely. I doubt it does anything skincare-wise except hydrate, but it sinks into your skin nicely and the smell is so relaxing.

Latest IG - that is a LOT of makeup to put on on a train isn't it? The full works. Do other people do this? Interested as I'd be far too self conscious.
When I used to spend a lot of time on trains I tried it a few times, the results were less than stellar and it just wasn't worth the regular mascara wand eye-stabbing. Respect to those with the steady hands to do it (with products they've bought themselves), though!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
@Tesla's Ghost, exactly, the germs would be my main worry. Also for me putting on make up is a relaxing private ritual done when I have time. Applying it anywhere public, apart from a quick lipstick retouch or lip balm, would feel rather too much like a chore and personal intrusion.

Call me a cynic, but having decided that pretty much any influencer’s insta post has to be a calculated attempt to maintain publicity, the value for this one seems to be the #prsssamples. When you click on that it brings up a whole load of other beauty influencers’ posts. Even though SH says she’s her post is not part of a BB-sponsored campaign, I wonder whether tagging it this way helps her maintain visibility and another way of driving traffic through to her insta.
I agree. You are right to be cynical. So often the bottom line is 'follow the money'. Influencers are absolute experts in the soft sell. It is part of her 'Can't live without' campaign as she is showing she can't live without it - so where is the line between official and unofficial advertising?

Reactions: 6
I've just realised that the writer of that bitchy piece about Dawn O'P and Cherry Healey, Julia Raeside was on SH's Soho radio show the other week. Perhaps it's Ok if you get paid for your bitching.
Yes, it legitimises in their heads, and goes along with their smug chattering-class mindset

I know this is just personal preference, but I think SH looks better without so much make-up. The photos where I've thought she looked really pretty and sweet-faced are the ones she's posted when she's been ill in bed without any make-up.
YES!! I've thought this for ages. Much prettier, softer

I know this is just personal preference, but I think SH looks better without so much make-up. The photos where I've thought she looked really pretty and sweet-faced are the ones she's posted when she's been ill in bed without any make-up.
Yes and younger too.

Reactions: 1
Don't worry, it happened to me last thread 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

Even though SH says she’s her post is not part of a BB-sponsored campaign, I wonder whether tagging it this way helps her maintain visibility and another way of driving traffic through to her insta.
Of course it is. A non-mention like this is still a mention and functions in exactly the same way

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Don't worry, it happened to me last thread 🤪 :ROFLMAO:

Of course it is. A non-mention like this is still a mention and functions in exactly the same way
Yes exactly - it is 'look! I still use BB even though I'm not paid to!' = advert.

Also for me putting on make up is a relaxing private ritual done when I have time. Applying it anywhere public, apart from a quick lipstick retouch or lip balm, would feel rather too much like a chore and personal intrusion.
This, definitely. Also, I wouldn't want to carry all my make-up with me. I'm as busy as the next person but I still find the time to apply make-up before leaving the house. (I dont mind it if others do it. Whatever works for you.)

I think these train Insta posts are staged. I can’t believe she does all that on a train. Has her make-up bag got a ticket? 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
I think these train Insta posts are staged. I can’t believe she does all that on a train. Has her make-up bag got a ticket? 😂
Mm yes. I just looked at the makeup photo again. The positioning of the BB brush with logo up looks very intentional. She says she hasn't been paid for the post which I'm sure is true but she is still 'advertising' some of the products she says she 'Can't Live Without' which is part of a campaign. I don't think you can disentangle advertising that cleanly tbh.

Reactions: 7
That would be all the juvederm and botox, the microblading... anything else? No mad lash extensions like CH, but presumably SH are dyed and permed?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
I stopped wearing eye cream while I was in my I love Sali phase as she said it wasnt needed.Gosh it's like a cult isn't it how much they can influence behaviour. But I think I do need one does anyone have any recommendations? I'm conscious that some can cause milia, I've heard thay they can but not sure which ingredients to avoid?

@slugella I think shea butter is one of the main culprits, however it doesn't mean automatically you'll get milia, depends on your skin and where this ingredient is on the INCI list. I need a heavier cream for my eyes than my face, especially before concealer. I've used CeraVe, LRP, Bioderma, Avene, any other French brand you can think of and their "sensitive" ranges, they're pretty much the same in terms of providing moisture and priming that area for a corrector and/or concealer.

I stopped wearing eye cream while I was in my I love Sali phase as she said it wasnt needed.Gosh it's like a cult isn't it how much they can influence behaviour. But I think I do need one does anyone have any recommendations? I'm conscious that some can cause milia, I've heard thay they can but not sure which ingredients to avoid?
I did the same. Scared of milia too

I don't wear concealer, because it always looks worse than none

@slugella I think shea butter is one of the main culprits, however it doesn't mean automatically you'll get milia, depends on your skin and where this ingredient is on the INCI list. I need a heavier cream for my eyes than my face, especially before concealer. I've used CeraVe, LRP, Bioderma, Avene, any other French brand you can think of and their "sensitive" ranges, they're pretty much the same in terms of providing moisture and priming that area for a corrector and/or concealer.
Amazing thanks! I do love Avene I use their gentle cleanser and the triacneal cream so might see what they have :)

I've tried a few but a permanent repeat buy has been Merumaya Eye cream (all her stuff is ace) and also really loving Hado Labo's. More serum-like, beautifully light and sinks in well.

Merumaya eye cream is $489.75 on Amazon here. Their pricing cracks me up sometimes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.