Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I get quite arsey about how frequently ppl diagnose others with “a personality disorder” (usually borderline) based on them being a dangerous, manipulative hole. I was diagnosed with BPD a few years ago & those traits are not how mine manifests at all. And to diagnose someone a) without being qualified to do so, and b) “from afar” is bleeping offensive.

I do understand why ppl do it, but it just plays into the notion that those who have a mental illness or a personality disorder are inherently dangerous. I’m only ever a danger to myself, or a danger if you’re that easily offended by me calling you a bleep if you cannot obey simple driving conventions!
And there is the infuriating gendered element of throwing ‘borderline’ around as an armchair diagnosis or attributing perfectly reasonable behaviour to the disorder. Like ‘hysteria’.

Sorry to hear you are going through that - please reach out if you ever want to chat.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Her tweets and language is vile.
Do we think she regrets Friday rant.
I'm doubtful any legal action was taken.
Is her column less popular now minus comments. She certainly is a career on a downslide.

Sad about bourjois as dident realise channel sold the brand to coty
Loved the brand when I was younger especially the eye shadows.
Theres so much more competition for make-up these days i get nostalgic and sad about losing so many brand.
Loved the barbera Daley make-up Tesco range.
Do boots still do different makeup ranges other than no 7 as their natural collection used to do a really lovely tinted lip balm.

Reactions: 2
Her tweets and language is vile.
Do we think she regrets Friday rant.
I'm doubtful any legal action was taken.
Is her column less popular now minus comments. She certainly is a career on a downslide.

Do boots still do different makeup ranges other than no 7 as their natural collection used to do a really lovely tinted lip balm.
Yes they still have Natural Collection, my favourite mascara was from that range but then they changed the brush and ruined it!

I used to love the tinted lip balms when I was at school! We'd put on on, then rub it almost totally off and ask "can you tell?", so we wouldn't get in trouble for wearing makeup. Totally pointless, thinking back!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
They brought out CYO not long ago (it seems) but others here were saying it’s being phased out already, or seems likely.

Boots had a beauty shake-up earlier in the year, seem to be going down a more Sephora route with more niche, cool brands.

I do like several no7 products, but why is the packaging/branding always about 10 years behind. Same with Your Good Skin. So naff. Smacks of design by committee, like whoever came up with the original design knew what they were doing but by the time every director and managing director ‘gave their input’ it ended up tit and overwrought.

Reactions: 1
They brought out CYO not long ago (it seems) but others here were saying it’s being phased out already, or seems likely.

Boots had a beauty shake-up earlier in the year, seem to be going down a more Sephora route with more niche, cool brands.

I do like several no7 products, but why is the packaging/branding always about 10 years behind. Same with Your Good Skin. So naff. Smacks of design by committee, like whoever came up with the original design knew what they were doing but by the time every director and managing director ‘gave their input’ it ended up tit and overwrought.
I hope they don't get rid of urban decay in bigger boots.
I used to love their honey and henna hair masks sadly they phased them out fee year's back they were 2 quid huge tub.
Superdrug really raised their game with make-up .
Never tried Primark makeup.
Like mua as cruelty free.
Not brought body shop make-up in years.
I get up small town with small boots and Superdrug. 1 chemist did the posh make-up which sold revlon and bourjous.
I have a 14 year old who's just getting into make-up now it's all morphe which I find scary shop with moody staff and lots you tubers ranges.
She also likes revolution. I always wonder how rimmel survives with so much more affordable competition.
I remember how exited I was when maybelline came to UK and the pink mascara.
My fave high end make-up is nars also used like stilla but thought they withdrew from UK.
We have about Superdrug locally and they often have 3 for 2 on all ranges.
Last year in sale I tried the Tanya burr makeup gift box have loved using the lipsticks.
Still love clique lipsticks and perfumes.

Anyone remember lip core that stuff used keep lipsticks on and sting lips.
Really fancy a nice red lip for Xmas I vaguely remember was maybelline mentioned her but can't think of shade.
Does everyone use lip liner with a strong bold colour lipstick?

Do Boots still have Natural Collection? The branches I frequent don't so I'll have to spread my net. They do the best cheap kohl eyeliner that does not budge and doesn't manage to stick to contact lenses.
Someone on Twitter said to Caitlin "I'm mad, me" Moran that they were disappointed she called Alanis Morrisette the horse faced one in 1997. She replied and said she was disappointed too, everyone was more awful in 1997
I'm quite impressed she took that tack and addressed it without justifying it (well justifying it slightly I suppose) but far better than the dismissive 'it was years and years ago' therefore doesn't count approach we have seen. Shows a degree of self-awareness and growth missing in others. Also CM has probably seen from the SH debacle the inadvisability of pretending to have a squeaky clean online history.

The only good thing about the Sylvie IG stories is seeing more of Sylvie who is ridiculously photogenic.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
And there is the infuriating gendered element of throwing ‘borderline’ around as an armchair diagnosis or attributing perfectly reasonable behaviour to the disorder. Like ‘hysteria’.

Sorry to hear you are going through that - please reach out if you ever want to chat.
That is so true. It’s such a problematic diagnosis for so many reasons - even healthcare professionals see it as code for hysterical, manipulative & dramatic. All of which are very gendered too. :unsure:

Reactions: 5
Captain's log, star date 1234.5
I'm still trying to make the NYX "glow" foundation work, but none of my tests have had a satisfactory result. I've been exposed to some virus and can't replicate enough tissue paper for my nose which is about to fall off my face and I will no longer be able to enjoy nan scents. However, I still feel a kind of comfort in the fact that some things, even in deep space, remain the same - deluded turds.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I think the reason the term narcissist is used so often now is because social media attracts them like moths to a flame. From what @PineappleQueen19 posted further up, that is Sali Hughes to a tee. Not just one or two points, but all of the above. When you piece together her hideous bullying, flipping off her vile behaviour, the faux distress and extreme overreacting, it’s all there with a bow on top.

Reactions: 6
The Stuff You Should Know podcast did a good episode about Narcissism for anyone interested in an overview: https://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/narcissism-but-what-about-me.htm
Always on the look out for podcasts so might give this a try :)

Does anyone have any small eyeshadow palette recommendations? My mum is wanting one for her handbag so I'm getting one for Christmas. I originally wanted the CT one for her but won't be buying after her bullying has been exposed! I'm happy to spend a bit and get her a nice one that she wouldn't usually justify on herself, I was looking at YSL and Dior but I have no idea.. not too keen on the UD basics although I do usually like their palettes.

Does anyone have any small eyeshadow palette recommendations? My mum is wanting one for her handbag so I'm getting one for Christmas. I originally wanted the CT one for her but won't be buying after her bullying has been exposed! I'm happy to spend a bit and get her a nice one that she wouldn't usually justify on herself, I was looking at YSL and Dior but I have no idea.. not too keen on the UD basics although I do usually like their palettes.
I have one of the Marc Jacobs Eye-Conic palettes and I adore it - lovely buttery shadows, easy to use, lots of colour ways.

• Heart
I have a lovely tiny Dior eyeshadow palette that came as part of a set about a year ago. It may be too small for your purposes. I just checked on ebay and there is one listed (new of course).

• Heart

Smashbox are good and decent value, I think.

@slugella, Dior 5 colour palettes- you can’t go wrong with them. They have great daytime and more bling options. The only thing to consider is that in my experience they last a lot better without creating with an eyeshadow primer underneath especially on hooded or greasy eyelids. Nars Pro Prime is the bomb. If your mum is into more sparkly eyeshadows Dior Christmas Midnight palette is absolutely stunning.

@PineappleQueen19, the view count in this attachment is really interesting indeed. This particular tweet caught my eye on one of the other threads and did not sit right with me then. Or now. I am afraid I’m really not keen on the use of language. Sorry, maybe I’m overreacting.

Last edited:
What was the Dior one called @Aude ?
It came as part of a sort of gift set so didn't really have a name. But looking at it now the underside is labelled 'Five colour eyeshadow palette 646 30 Montaigne'. It's also labelled 'Not for individual sale'. It is very mini - it measures 1.5 x 2 includes.

There are a couple on ebay that are the same but slightly different colours. The one on ebay labelled 647 looks like mine - really good neutrals.

E94FD49E-5B00-4126-9521-0A1EA3C27BB7.jpeg
This seemed like a not particularly appropriate response. But what would I know? I’m a beefy-face, skid-marked incel.

(it’s my first picture, I do hope I did it right.)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.