Sali Hughes #10 Hiya! Am I in the wrong place? I came here to seethe about Sali.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unfortunately for her, due to her episodes of narcissistic rage it’s now several folders.

Printer ink is more expensive per ml than champagne, but us sides of beef wouldn’t really understand that. If she starts a paid partnership with hp or Epson, we’ll know why :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Possibly morse code tapping out our beef bile using gifted shoes 👠 [/QUOTE said:
I've nearly choked to death on a mini cheddar laughing at that :)

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Are you trying to score a #presstrip visit to the edam factory? 🧀 🏭 Nice! Maybe you can learn how to mould tattle.life members effigies from the wax then cascade your leaning via Instagram stories to anyone needing such a tool of destruction... 🔮

Hey up beef faced skiddies! Are we all still horrible <insert abelist insult here> bullies? Good stuff.

How hard is it to write a column about fecking soap, fgs?

I'm a long time soap fan after getting some l'occitane stuff for Christmas one year. It lasts forever and much less drying than shower gel or handwash. TK Maxx is a great source for nice cheap stuff, if you're on a budget.

I too am finding the comments about narcissistic rage enlightening. But what would I know? I'm just a deluded, mental turd 😕

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Someone on Twitter said to Caitlin "I'm mad, me" Moran that they were disappointed she called Alanis Morrisette the horse faced one in 1997. She replied and said she was disappointed too, everyone was more awful in 1997

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 3
Someone on Twitter said to Caitlin "I'm mad, me" Moran that they were disappointed she called Alanis Morrisette the horse faced one in 1997. She replied and said she was disappointed too, everyone was more awful in 1997
Assumed it was a tweet. In print is so much worse. That got by a bunch of people (there were subs back then)

She has a distinction between reading here and reading printouts of here in her folder. Family and friends told her what was said here (edited bits to spare her) but she has never looked herself, just at the pages and pages of stuff from here. Because that is very different.
Hope that clears it up.
It's like when Gerry Adams' comments used to be read out on the news by an actor.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
The Sylvie IG stories are cringing. To be honest any of her *candid* IG posts are so contrived. The recent ones taken of her *asleep* by her husband (not forgetting the terrible one of her in the bath at the spa) are a good example of how she can’t even do relaxed or casual without it looking painfully posed.
just watched, still cringing. Why is she even doing that?

she is so stilted, brittle, harsh, snippy. There is nothing relaxed or effortless about her, no matter how hard she tries. Social media just isn’t her friend.

just watched, still cringing. Why is she even doing that?

she is so stilted, brittle, harsh, snippy. There is nothing relaxed or effortless about her, no matter how hard she tries. Social media just isn’t her friend.
She just has no warmth, not even around an animal 😞

A bit subjective of course, but this is good explanation of normal/abnormal reactions. Again fascinating when you read it in light of that Friday and the events leading up to it. And the last point (punishment, banishment) v interesting in light of what some of you have shared on this thread about being banned from SHB.

A47716C0-5D0B-49B6-A9DC-266ECD6CBDB8.jpeg

• Wow
I think the term *Narcissist* is overused , not just in relation to Sali but across the whole of Tattle with regard to online personalities we don’t like.

Some people are just arseholes , I would undoubtedly place Sali in this category without a professional medical opinion .

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Except her behaviour, like Donald Trump's, ticks every box

Shout out to the person who recommended Wella Dry Me when I was moaning about my fine, thin hair. It's really great and grabby. Best dry shampoo I've used, I think

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
@J4n0Z , I agree with you on the L’Occitane soap. I have a couple of freebies from hotels #kindlygifted , and they really do last forever. Non-irritating too.

• Haha
Reactions: 1
My take (for anyone new) is that this site was a minor but niggling thorn in her side until the Victoria Beckham makeup launch (I think) and being asked questions about the Charlotte Tilbury / Estee Laundry claims. That led to her LinkedIn, Facebook etc stalking spree. Which resulted in bullying claims, shared by Estee Laundry. And that’s what tipped her over into a full blown narcissistic injury episode, the result of which was the ill-judged, impulsive rage video.

As to her husband being non-bigoted, his twitter history indicates otherwise. From memory he can be just as nasty as his wife when it comes to the need to “win” twitter.
Yes it was definitely the Charlotte tilbury bullying that triggered it. I follow estee laundry and it was immediately after someone posted about being harassed by Sali after questioning her about the allegation that the infamous video entered our lives!!

Reactions: 5
I watched the Friday video yesterday after seeing those tweets from February. She says how the "trolls" here are attempting to bully her out of her job. It reminded me if this tweet that SH liked. An ordinary person quote tweeted by one of SH's mates who suggests she's not competent at her job for expressing a quite reasonable opinion. To me that is bullying and a complete abuse of power on social media.
Screenshot_20191209-201519_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20191209-201524_Gallery.jpg

• Wow
I think the term *Narcissist* is overused , not just in relation to Sali but across the whole of Tattle with regard to online personalities we don’t like.

Some people are just arseholes , I would undoubtedly place Sali in this category without a professional medical opinion .
I think you’re right, I think it does get bandied about a lot, often when someone behaves in a way others don’t like.

Probably a good opportunity to make it clear for anyone unsure that narcissism is a trait on a continuum and evidenced by behaviour. The professional medical opinion comes into play when talking about NPD, that’s a serious cluster B personality disorder and not to be thrown around.

Side note: NPD is said to be 0.5-1% of the western population (taken with a pinch of salt ofc), often in leadership roles. That is a lot of people. I wonder how many are attracted to social media/influencing as a career? :censored:

Reactions: 10
That's a helpful explanation @PineappleQueen19

I don't know enough about narcissism to comment on it but I have observed that, as far as I'm aware, she hasn't mentioned narcissism as one of the things tattlers "troll" her about.

The Stuff You Should Know podcast did a good episode about Narcissism for anyone interested in an overview: https://www.stuffyoushouldknow.com/podcasts/narcissism-but-what-about-me.htm

I don’t think Sali has anything close to Trump-levels of the narcissistic trait, more just self-satisfaction combined with not really having the social skills for her chosen job. She’d have been fine in the past when ‘journalists’ didn’t have to interact with the hoi polloi, but Twitter and Instagram really don’t suit her personality.

Reactions: 5
I think you’re right, I think it does get bandied about a lot, often when someone behaves in a way others don’t like.

Probably a good opportunity to make it clear for anyone unsure that narcissism is a trait on a continuum and evidenced by behaviour. The professional medical opinion comes into play when talking about NPD, that’s a serious cluster B personality disorder and not to be thrown around.

Side note: NPD is said to be 0.5-1% of the western population (taken with a pinch of salt ofc), often in leadership roles. That is a lot of people. I wonder how many are attracted to social media/influencing as a career? :censored:
I get quite arsey about how frequently ppl diagnose others with “a personality disorder” (usually borderline) based on them being a dangerous, manipulative hole. I was diagnosed with BPD a few years ago & those traits are not how mine manifests at all. And to diagnose someone a) without being qualified to do so, and b) “from afar” is bleeping offensive.

I do understand why ppl do it, but it just plays into the notion that those who have a mental illness or a personality disorder are inherently dangerous. I’m only ever a danger to myself, or a danger if you’re that easily offended by me calling you a bleep if you cannot obey simple driving conventions!

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.