Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

smomof4

I get she’s upset but her pain is nothing compared to saffs and ash’s I’m so glad she has her brother and ash’s family for support they seem like the kind of family who everyone would want as theirs
As a grandmother who has watched her granddaughter being born into the world and then watch her pass away 5 days later in my daughters arms was the most horrific pain I have ever felt and still feel 4 years on. To say my pain is nothing compared to my daughters would be quite difficult to speculate on. Not only have I had to deal with my own grief but I’ve also had to deal with watching my daughter go through the most worst thing imaginable and seeing her hit rock bottom and whilst grieving myself I’ve had to stay strong for my daughter, it’s like a double whammy for us grand parents. I know what you’re trying to say though but please just know that us Nanny’s are hurting just as much xx

• Heart
Reactions: 25

Its_Me

VIP Member
Yeeeeeh....I have noticed actually that he never tags her in his posts, but she does him in hers. I have more observations to comment on but to be honest I feel a bit ill to be discussing it here. I’ll just say I feel sorry for Safiyya in many ways and I hope she has some real support

• Heart
Reactions: 23

MissPeekaboo

I think so, it is so weird. Someone wrote a reply to Ashley´s comment on Safiyya's post about the funeral saying "Feel So Sorry For Miss Safiyya. Not Only Lost Her Beautiful Baby But Her Partner Is A Cheating Pig". People were offended by it and she replied saying the media was going to publish it soon. It would be so incredibly sad, but wouldn't surprise me if true tbh. His body language and lack of words for her speak volumes, I think. As someone already said: it's always: me/I, never us/we. Plus in a video of them dancing after the funeral, after kissing each other, Saf's face is so telling. I really hope I'm wrong though. Poor, poor Saf...

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 23

BettySpaghetty

It makes me angry for Saf when he refers to her as 'my partner'. Even in his speech to family he referred to her as my partner. She has a name.

I must say I also felt bad for Saf on Mothers Day. She made such an effort to make Valentines Day special for Azaylia and Ashley, and I don't feel he made much effort on mothers day for Saf. Even the post he put on Instagram was pretty half arsed. She was absolutely incredible with Azaylia and I feel he owes it to her to show her more respect. I can't help but feel he still feels he has to keep up a certain persona on his Insta even through all of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Topaz

Chatty Member
I'm so wary about making this thread, I feel it's already doomed because of how previous threads have gone with regards to her family.

I'd never heard of her before everything with Azaylia (barely heard of Ashley) but throughout these months I've really developed admiration for her strength and stoicism. I think she's coped the best that she possibly could with the worst hand to be dealt. I truly hope the rest of her life is filled with only good fortune and happy blessings.

Really just a little appreciation post/thread for her (for as long as it stands) 🧡

• Heart
Reactions: 21

chocdip

VIP Member
Poor saff his body language towards saff says a lot. My heart is breaking for her 💔 when people say how would he have the time to cheat, anyone has the time to cheat my baby was seriously ill in hospital a year ago and my partner was cheating while I was at the hospital and seeing her in between his hospital visits

• Sad
Reactions: 20

Goldfish

VIP Member
I think they’re both ridiculously strong and my heart truly bleeds for the both of them, but I feel so sad for Saffiya because she truly seems to of been forgotten in this and people are praising him for doing what any normal parent should do if being thrown into this horrific situation. He’s not acted any differently than any other parent should of acted, neither has she, but she seems to be forgotten about by everyone and he gets praise because he’s a man and he’s being a good dad

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Vloggerfam

VIP Member
I just hope they are able to support each other through this. The whole journey they seemed to have been quite distant but we only see a fraction of their lives through SM, so who knows!
I thought this, everyone handles grief so differently but the funeral pictures they didn’t seem to be comforting each other. As I said everyone handles it differently so hopefully they’ll stay strong and together

fairydustlover

I thought this, everyone handles grief so differently but the funeral pictures they didn’t seem to be comforting each other. As I said everyone handles it differently so hopefully they’ll stay strong and together
ive found the way they word there captions is that they aregrieving alone, it’s never ‘our’ or ‘we’ it’s always ‘I’ ‘my daughter’

geeforthetea

Chatty Member
When I see overly gushy posts on social media from couples I always think it's not as rosy as it looks. I think Ashley and Saffiya look like they have a strong relationship and maybe that's why they don't feel like they need to post loved photos of them together all the time. There were some really nice moments when Ashley was cleaning the house and running a bath for her when she was at the hospital or out with Azaylia, it's those little supportive things that make a relationship.

Hilopicklelo

VIP Member
My heart absolutely breaks for them. They've been so strong. I've had to unfollow them both though, I know they're choosing to share the funeral pictures but it feels almost intrusive?

Reactions: 16

MrsPoison

VIP Member
I did find it interesting that his photos of the funeral were mainly close ups of him, where of Safs were of them as a couple and family.

Reactions: 15

Mascaragirl

VIP Member
To be honest, when you scroll down their instagrams, in old photos Ashley and Saff do look really affectionate, there’s also some photos from the funeral you can see his arm is around her and they’re clearly supporting one another.

I’m sure they’re supporting each other I just think grief manifests in different ways in people. I can imagine they both just want to keep busy at the moment, doing different things during the day. My heart breaks for them, they are so incredibly strong.

Reactions: 15
Sorry but I think its so wrong to even be speculating on it. Imagine if she saw this thread or someone mentioned it to her.

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Adcs813

I really hope Ashley and Saffiya are able to support eachother and stay strong together. Such a lot of couples split up after tragedies like this and I really hope they don't x

JSquared

VIP Member
Saf's mums latest post suggests that it's something to do with Insta that has sadly caused the rift between them. I definitely think she's not a fan of Ashley.
She needs to get some dignity and take her issues off of SM.This is not what they need to see/hear at this time.

From personal experience - a man & woman’s grief in this situation are completely different. Two different roads and usually grief for parents doesn’t follow the same time line, I hope they are holding each other up and keeping together as they are an amazing couple and will always be mummy and daddy to their gorgeous angel.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Gossipgirl9101

I remember following saff when she only had 40k followers, and I could never understand why big accounts and the press barely gave any mention to her, always being referred to as 'Ashley cains partner'
She has a name, and her name is just as improtance as Ashleys.
Couldn't stand him on EXOTB but after following their journey I honestly have so much admiration for the way they have both conducted themselves with so much dignity and strength.
I will never understand the pain they are going through, honestly to anyone who's lost a child I'm sorry 💔
But saffiya deserves so much credit, more than people have previously given her

Reactions: 12

Sunshinegal

I noticed on the mums Instagram before she has ashley helping her support things and pictures with them some time ago so they clearly got on okay before, perhaps they just weren't that close.
I was on the Facebook group and noticed things didn't add up after a bit. I noticed Ash and saf would ask people not to do things and her mum would still be on the fb group encouraging people. I also noticed at one point her telling people to follow her on Instagram which is thought was bizarre, it was a group for support of her terminally ill granddaughter!
I noticed she was never with them as well.
Then she started going in on them and then a lot of people realised it wasn't as she'd made out. She kind of got caught out.
She's now posting things and being very out of order.
I noticed safs brother is there for her a lot too which is good.
Saf and ash still did the right thing and let her mum see azaylia as she had a couple of pictures with her after she came home. Even with their differences, saf still did that for her mum.
This is the worst time of safs life and she will not forget her mum acting this way towards her and so publicly. They may have been able to make up but this could do damage that saf may not be able to get over.

• Wow
Reactions: 11

Romeo1

They also on insta seem to be with other ppl during the day not each other but that could be cause we only see a snippet of the day. I do hope they get through this together. They need each other

Reactions: 11