Saffron Barker #6 Quarantining is pretend, did I tell you that I have a boyfriend?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what she should be pulled up on ... I'd only add to this that we presume she met her bf during lockdown and how she sat silent while her Parents broke lockdown rules seeing and holding the grandkids.

In other news she's off to meetings regarding her new Insta page for the Home stuff ... basically a brand deal incoming where she can get either free stuff for the house or purchase stuff and claim the tax as work expense. Terrific stuff.
She never gets pulled up on anything well apart from the suicide train video and even then the apology was brushed under the rug; i'll reiterate if that was someone like Zoe Sugg she would have got destroyed!

The amount of free stuff she is going to get for her new house will be insane all for absolutey no talent whatsoever. For her sake she is best rinsing all the AD stuff and getting all the free things she can as I cant see her having a long last forging tv career and if her crap videos on youtube are anyting to go by...... :eek:

• Angry
Reactions: 11
TW: Saffron's relationship with food as shown in her videos

I have noticed her extremely disordered view of eating for years and years, but the recent video (boyfriend night routine) is a really scary example and has prompted me to say something. This will be a long post as I've wanted to talk about this for a while - I'm really shocked that more people are not picking up on this in these threads. Observations just from one video:

"Pizza":
- "We decided to make healthy pizzas" Tyler interrupts - "Saffron decided..."
- She eats the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day, sometimes has the same thing twice for lunch and dinner - screams of a restrictive diet and the idea of "safe" foods.
- "So we're actually making healthy pizzas" - REAL pizza is not a "bad" food. Obviously not a healthy idea to have one for every meal every day of the week, but a pizza now and then is absolutely healthy and normal eating behaviour.
- "These are my favourite wraps" - clearly nothing to do with the taste, these wraps taste of absolutely nothing and are weirdly plasticky and hard, I've had them. But she "looooves them so much guys" - I wonder why? - because they are 90 calories. The extra 110 calories in regular, 200 calorie wraps that actually taste of something and have substance are not going to ruin your calorie deficit Saffron.
- Tyler: "The best part of our shop was this though!" - The chocolate that Tyler bought (bless him, probably dying for some actual calories/sugar) was hidden off-camera, away from the carrier bag of "shopping" that Saffron showed the camera. - there is a look of fear on Saffron's face at 3:12 when Tyler is going to "expose" the chocolate and then a reprimanding tone of voice and look, raised eyebrows and almost slight roll of the eyes at 3:15 when she says: "Oh yeah, Tyler got snacks..." - making it clear that she doesn't "need" any snacks because this 90 calorie wrap topped with spinach and some morsels of unseasoned chicken is sooo filling you guys. Very weird of her to seem to want to absolve blame of "snacking" and to make Tyler seem excessive/indulgent for buying a bar of chocolate after making a 20+ year old adult man a 300 calorie "dish" for dinner (I still can't believe she called it that).
- "So it's more filling, we're going to add spinach" - if you want to be full, stop telling your viewers to be scared of carbs and just order an f-ing dominos. Or make a delicious homemade pizza with homemade dough.
- Saffron "This is also the quickest thing you can ever make". Tyler "The quickest thing is McDonald's" - shows where his mind is... we all crave McDonald's/fast food when we're absolutely starving/deprived of carbs.
- "I actually don't like spinach" - uhh, don't buy it then? There are so many vegetables out there, pick what you enjoy - food you like is good for you. But she forces herself to eat it because it's "sooooo filling you guys"........ Oh yeah, we all know those evenings where we're slumped out on the couch and can barely move because we've eaten so much bleeping spinach.
- "It's not my go-to kind of pizza, but yeah, it's not bad" - Tyler looks depressed. Someone please order this kid a dominos.
- Next clip "Dinner was honestlyyy JUST BANGINGGGG" - how is a carbless wrap with unseasoned tomato puree, spinach and chicken in any way BANGING? it's DEPRESSING and restrictive.
- "The perfect type of full" - what, starving? There. is. no. perfect. type. of. full. The perfect type of full is whenever you feel happy and satisfied.
- "It's such a good dinner because it's not like, heavy in your stomach. I just feel great, anyways..." - Heavy, rich and indulgent meals are nothing to be afraid of and should not be shamed - for example, the feeling of fullness and satisfaction after a roast dinner on a Sunday with your family is a HAPPY one and ALSO makes you feel "great" - fullness from a dinner with enough carbohydrates and calories to satisfy you is nothing to be ashamed of and does not make it a "bad" dinner.

Hot chocolates:

- "I have become obsessed with hot chocolates recently. This is the hot chocolate I use, it's sooooooo GOOD I can't even tell you, so this is what we're going to be HAVING!" - immediately the most obvious thing on the packaging is the huge number "40" (40 calories per serving). Sigh.
- "If I had it with all milk it probably would taste nicer, but I actually have one with half water and half milk, because it's like before I go to bed as well I don't like having a really full stomach" - Allow. yourself. to. enjoy. what. tastes. good. There is again NOTHING wrong with ending the day feeling full and satisfied - and the 40 calories in 100ml of almond milk and 100ml of water is not going to make ANY difference compared to having 80 calories in 200ml of almond milk. The fact that she shies away from even the smallest amounts of calorie difference is scary - watch all the kids watching now ask their parents for half almond milk and half water because "Saffy B" is having it.
- Tyler is making a snack - I'd be less surprised if you told me Tyler had just landed on the moon. That boy must be RAVENOUS.
- "I kinda wish we had cream, but I'm not even going to do that to myself. I'll feel so sick before bed." - Imagine the impact this could have - young girls that normally enjoy a hot chocolate with cream and marshmallows, every kid's favourite, now scared that it will make them feel "so sick" and have such a full stomach before bed. So damaging.
- Tyler - chocolate, strawberries, marshmallows. Saffron - strawberries and adds one marshmallow to her mug "for the road" - clearly a fear food - this girl needs to start letting herself enjoy the foods she likes the taste of rather than force-feeding herself spinach.

I admire Saffron's approach to fitness - she is an incredibly fit and healthy young woman. And of course, in a regular context, making healthy, sustainable swaps like a side salad instead of a side of chips, or baking things instead of deep-frying them, is absolutely a recommended thing to do and is definitely beneficial. What it does not mean is that you cannot enjoy these things in moderation - like having a takeaway pizza on a cosy night in with your boyfriend. Cutting out and even shaming ALL normal carbs and fats from your diet is scary and toxic behaviour. And the performative, theatrical, high-pitched voice that she puts on when talking about these INNNSANE "dishes" that she has fashioned out of tasteless, substance-less low-calorie products is SCARY, almost as if she is trying to convince herself when she knows that the food she is eating tastes like utter tit but believes that it is all she can eat or she will be "fat", so has to tell herself it's amazing until she believes it. I am not implying that Saffron has an eating disorder, these forums are no place to diagnose anyone, but it is undeniable that she is showing and actively endorsing a toxic view of food as either good or bad, leaving you either comfortable or "feeling so sick/with such a full stomach", to millions of impressionable young girls. It is mindblowing to me that nobody in her circle has called her out on this. If that were my daughter I'd be scared and worried for her. She said a few videos ago that she needed to really work on her fitness levels because of a TV opportunity coming up - fair enough, I was expecting something like SAS, Who Dares Wins. Now we know it's the Circle - a show where you sit in an apartment all day for a month/however long. She is clearly restricting her diet because she wants to lose weight for this TV appearance. Saffron - you're a healthy, young woman with a beautiful, toned figure. You do NOT need to lose weight. Please love yourself as you are, and enjoy a pizza with your boyfriend. Rant over.
I agree with everything with this. Saffron has a lot of habits that I have. I have been trying to better my relationship with food and while some of Saffron's videos are genuinely fun to watch since the start of the year they have become so toxic as she can never go five minutes without mentioning what she eats. How has no one in her family/friends noticed? When every she is with Ana she constantly talks about how little she is eating compared to eating. Someone needs to sit her down and educate her on why It is important to never comment on someone food choices unless they are about to eat something that they are allergic too.

Reactions: 15
I agree with everything with this. Saffron has a lot of habits that I have. I have been trying to better my relationship with food and while some of Saffron's videos are genuinely fun to watch since the start of the year they have become so toxic as she can never go five minutes without mentioning what she eats. How has no one in her family/friends noticed? When every she is with Ana she constantly talks about how little she is eating compared to eating. Someone needs to sit her down and educate her on why It is important to never comment on someone food choices unless they are about to eat something that they are allergic too.
I would definitely recommend not to watch Saffron videos if anyone struggles with any food or body issues. Youtube should put a warning at the start of her videos :rolleyes:

I'm sure some of her family & friends have noticed but for the following reasons don't say anything:

1) Her mum Wendy is just as bad with food and looks and body image, if not sometimes worse
3) Saffron is the princess of the house and the queen of her friendship group so no one will say anything to her
3) Her friends and family benefit off her financially so that's why they won't say anything in case they upset her and she excludes them

• Heart
Reactions: 21
0D3270B1-C0DB-49D7-8C09-44CEDD91FA38.png

wooo can’t wait for the zara haul like every other YouTuber has been doing

Reactions: 14
View attachment 282699
wooo can’t wait for the zara haul like every other YouTuber has been doing
That’s all there is to do lol

- Haul which will include showing off stuff they have either brought because they have more money than us or free stuff because they’re influencers
-Mukbang food eating
- Get ready with me
- Tidy my room
- Food challenge
- Questions of some sort
- Q & A and don’t answer questions we would actually want answered
- Incoming : HOUSE HOUSE MY NEW HOUSE LOOK AT MY MASSIVE HOUSE I BROUGHT BECAUSE IM RICH AND YOU ARE NOT (disclaimer: I’m not showing off just so greatful and humble oh and remember to educate yourself on BLM and stay safe like I do)

That’s it. And it just goes round in a circle ...

• Heart
It's surprising that all these influencers are all over Zara lately seeing as they dont do any brand deals.

Zara must be loving all the revenue though :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 13
I hate when influencers do these kind of haul videos when in reality they rarely wear those brands

saffron dresses designer head to toe , especially since going to strictly and she made more £££
She has to stop pretending that she likes/ wears Zara,ptl etc on a daily basis
She just wears them in her videos aka when she’s paid to do so

Reactions: 3
I hate when influencers do these kind of haul videos when in reality they rarely wear those brands

saffron dresses designer head to toe , especially since going to strictly and she made more £££
She has to stop pretending that she likes/ wears Zara,ptl etc on a daily basis
She just wears them in her videos aka when she’s paid to do so
Don't forget she lOooOoves gYm ShArK !!!! She would wear that even if she wasn't being paid ... 🤭🤭

Reactions: 9
Don't forget she lOooOoves gYm ShArK !!!! She would wear that even if she wasn't being paid ... 🤭🤭
Oh god yeah she looooooooovvvvvvveeeessss gym shark :p

So much so she buys every piece of GS clothing she has and shows it on her instagram because it would never have been sent to her for free and put hashtag gifted on her posts in return. :cautious:

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Oh god yeah she looooooooovvvvvvveeeessss gym shark :p

So much so she buys every piece of GS clothing she has and shows it on her instagram because it would never have been sent to her for free and put hashtag gifted on her posts in return. :cautious:
She lives in GS / ITS apparently - YES BECAUSE YOU'RE PAID TO PLUG IT! JUST SAY THAT FOR GOD SAKE - BE REAL! ....okay temper tantrum over haha

Attachments

Reactions: 12
She lives in GS / ITS apparently - YES BECAUSE YOU'RE PAID TO PLUG IT! JUST SAY THAT FOR GOD SAKE - BE REAL! ....okay temper tantrum over haha
It's the ultimate influencing ignorance saying that they are wearing/eating/drinking/using a product all the time that they are paid to!!! :devilish:

You're always welcome here for the tantrums ;)

Reactions: 10
I'm so bleeping tipsy after watching Saffron's latest video and drinking every time she says 'actually'

• Haha
Saffron might as well just label her videos 24 HOURS PROMITING EATING DISORDER!!!!!! (SO FUN). There's a difference between promoting a healthy lifestyle of everything in moderation and promoting a extremely restricting diet

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I'm so bleeping tipsy after watching Saffron's latest video and drinking every time she says 'actually'
Oh yeah you will be, add the words unreal, literally and you will be plastered! :ROFLMAO:

There's no way she ate all the pancakes, a couple of bites then in the bin.

No AD put in either title, thumbnail or even when she talks about the sponsor; surely you don't just have to say it.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
How is orange pancakes with chocolate, sausage rolls chocolate strawberries got anything to do with halloween?
I think she purposely puts on the ditsy dumb blonde act and thinks people are gonna laugh with her when really they're just laughing at her.

Reactions: 1
Her video tonight is mostly to promote a crappy game that she probably doesn't even play just to get more money 🤦‍♀️

• Wow
Reactions: 5
This is what she should be pulled up on ... I'd only add to this that we presume she met her bf during lockdown and how she sat silent while her Parents broke lockdown rules seeing and holding the grandkids.

In other news she's off to meetings regarding her new Insta page for the Home stuff ... basically a brand deal incoming where she can get either free stuff for the house or purchase stuff and claim the tax as work expense. Terrific stuff.
You cannot do that.

Also, I've fully stopped watching her. I dont even hate watch her anymore.

Reactions: 1
Oh yeah you will be, add the words unreal, literally and you will be plastered! :ROFLMAO:

There's no way she ate all the pancakes, a couple of bites then in the bin.

No AD put in either title, thumbnail or even when she talks about the sponsor; surely you don't just have to say it.
That was the quickest ad on screen I’ve ever seen!!

• Wow
Reactions: 2
She does eating Halloween food for 24 hours every bloody year, and there’s no way she ate any of it considering her diet is plain chicken and broccoli 😴
Also she needs to be reported for
Never putting ad in the title EUGH

• Angry
Reactions: 9
AC202A5A-8683-458A-8ED1-2E079EA3A957.png

Prison food would hold more flavour than this.
Plain chicken, plain dry potatoes and green beans. I would honestly rather not eat than disgrace my taste buds with this. I hate the “omg I’m so fussy” narrative - it isn’t a personality trait, it’s not cute. You just look immature. For the love of GOD the MINIMUM you could do is pick up some marinade. That chicken didn’t die to be consumed like that.

I need a drink just looking at it

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.