Sad Songs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

I really must stop listening to these songs because they really don't help. And yet why do we listen to them in the first place?
yes you must! they get into your brain. also I love your profile picture. Must watch that again soon!

Reactions: 1
Can’t Get It Out of My Head by Electric Light Orchestra
The Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young
The Show Must Go On by Queen

Can’t Get It Out of My Head by Electric Light Orchestra
The Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young
The Show Must Go On by Queen
oh that reminds me - old man by neil young - forgot about that one
also landslide by stevie nicks

We watched Toy Story 2 last night, my daughter sobbed, while holding her stuffed toy and promising it that she would never leave it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

Moments of Pleasure by Kate Bush.

I think this is one of the most gut wrenching songs ever written. I love it but don't listen to it much because I can't take it.

When I really need a sad song to make me feel worse, it's got to be Country music. My dad was partial to it so I grew up listening to it. The themes are pretty limited - the singer's been rejected, cheated on, lover's died or run off, and if female then left pregnant and abandoned too. Happy stuff :)

And no one does heartbreak better than Dolly Parton. To name but a few:

A Habit I Can't Break.
I Couldn't Wait Forever.
Do I Ever Cross Your Mind.
Old Flames Can't Hold A Candle To You.

And my favourite and guaranteed tear jerker: Just Someone I Used To Know.

Don’t laugh, it’s from a video game soundtrack, and there are many songs from this game which bring a tear to my eye, but I find this song so sad but beautiful at the same time. Always put it on if I need a good cry lol.

Reactions: 2
Don’t laugh, it’s from a video game soundtrack but I find this song so sad but beautiful at the same time. Always put it on if I need a good cry lol.

Or any song from The Last of Us 2 :cry: I cried throughout that game.
Originally Pearl Jam but

• Heart
Oh gosh yes. Got chills listening to the first minute of that song! Both RDR2 and TLOU2 have fantastic, emotive soundtracks that compliment their stories so well❤
Yes definitely! TLOU2 broke my heart. I haven't played RDR2 yet but it is on my list! There's probably other video games similar but I can't think right now.

Have got this on repeat, and I'm crying my eyes out.

I really really must stop torturing myself. :cry:
Even though I am back with my girl, I still can't stop playing this song.

it still has me in tears as I type this, and yet I really don't know why it affects me quite so much

Over the Rainbow sung by Eva Cassidy which reminds me of the time I had my second miscarriage.

Fallen by Lauren Wood also reminds me of that time.