Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

coconochanel

VIP Member
One last time-Ariana Grande because it reminds me of the victims of the manchester arena bombing.:cry:

• Heart
Reactions: 11

SarahGard83

VIP Member
James Blunt you're beautiful. Played at my little sister's funeral 14 years ago and I still can't listen to it

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Mine are all associated with people who have died.

Harry styles- sign of The times. This song is the only song that makes me cry every time I hear it.It was released not long before my boyfriend died,he was extremely depressed and self harming and saying he wanted to die. This song affected me while he was alive as it made me think of him dying. A couple of months later it happened and I spent many many nights listening to this crying! About 4 months afterwards I was in a shop with my son and it came on and I had to leave! If it catches me by surprise it’s worse, I do occasionally listen to it if I need a good cry!

Johnny cash - hurt
Oasis - masterplan
Robin - dancing on my own
Kodaline - all I want
Callum Scott - you are the reason
Adele - hello
Airborne toxic event - sometime around midnight
Luke Ritchie - right then and there
Sam Phillips- reflecting light

• Heart
Reactions: 9

lemonlime

VIP Member
^ That reminds me, Baby Mine from Dumbo is an absolute killer imo but that might be because of the context 😂

Reactions: 7

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
My girlfriend has just tested positive with the Covid-19 virus, which means she's grounded for 10-14 days, and I will miss her terribly.

I also suffer from SAD, and the year so far has been a complete downer, not helped with Covid and the various lockdowns. So right now I am feeling quite sorry for myself, and am listening to a song that I dearly love, but also has me in tears, even as I write this.

Are there any sad songs that affect you emotionally?

• Sad
  • Angry

Mulholland Drive

VIP Member
Aw I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend @Bezolabub. Hope she'll be okay and that with any luck, you'll escape it yourself.

I know this is a bit of an odd one, but it always upsets me:

I shouldn't feel so sad given my current privilege in that I have a nice home, a car, a good job and income. But sometimes the more basic human instinct of love and being with someone you really care about trumps materialism. But its good to know people have shared their sad songs on this thread, and I am grateful for that. Thank you

• Heart

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
The first vinal single (yes I'm that old!) that I ever owned, was Angie by The Rolling Stones. I love the emotion that Mick Jagger puts into the song. It still makes me cry, when I listen to it today.
Everybody hurts by R.E.M, the song has a positive message - Hold on.
Hang on in there Bezolabub.

• Heart

CrystalWench

Chatty Member
Streets of Philadelphia, my dad spent a day listening to it before he died. We then had it at his funeral and it always makes me so sad since I listened to the words and guess that’s how he actually felt.

• Sad
Reactions: 6

LittleMy

VIP Member
^ That reminds me, Baby Mine from Dumbo is an absolute killer imo but that might be because of the context 😂
God, that kills me. Or “When She Loved Me” from Toy Story 2. I have to duck out the room when that comes on while the kids are watching it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5

DCICassieStuart

VIP Member
Aw I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend @Bezolabub. Hope she'll be okay and that with any luck, you'll escape it yourself.

I know this is a bit of an odd one, but it always upsets me:

• Heart
Reactions: 5