Sad Songs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My girlfriend has just tested positive with the Covid-19 virus, which means she's grounded for 10-14 days, and I will miss her terribly.

I also suffer from SAD, and the year so far has been a complete downer, not helped with Covid and the various lockdowns. So right now I am feeling quite sorry for myself, and am listening to a song that I dearly love, but also has me in tears, even as I write this.

Are there any sad songs that affect you emotionally?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Oh thats really sad to hear! I'd hate that. Sending a lot of well wishes to your girlfriend and at least you have Tattle to keep you entertained 😊

The film Chasing Amy, a song called Stay with Me. Gets me every time. It reminds me of an ex who I haven't spoken to you in years but the song hit me when we broke up and to this day the song still gives me goosebumps even though I'm not one bit bothered by said ex😂

• Heart
Reactions: 2

New discovery for me, sweet song actually! Doesn't make me miserable personally but I can imagine I'd be affected if I were in a similar situation as the song.

Wishing your girlfriend a very swift recovery, hope you're okay too! 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Flower by the eels used to get me when I was a teenager .
Nobody ought to be alone for Christmas by Darlene Love gets me emotional too , even though it's an upbeat song.

Reactions: 1
The first vinal single (yes I'm that old!) that I ever owned, was Angie by The Rolling Stones. I love the emotion that Mick Jagger puts into the song. It still makes me cry, when I listen to it today.
Everybody hurts by R.E.M, the song has a positive message - Hold on.
Hang on in there Bezolabub.

• Heart
Feed the Birds from Mary Poppins, laugh if you like but it gets me e eye time 😥

• Heart
Reactions: 14
^ That reminds me, Baby Mine from Dumbo is an absolute killer imo but that might be because of the context 😂

^ That reminds me, Baby Mine from Dumbo is an absolute killer imo but that might be because of the context 😂
God, that kills me. Or “When She Loved Me” from Toy Story 2. I have to duck out the room when that comes on while the kids are watching it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Aw I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend @Bezolabub. Hope she'll be okay and that with any luck, you'll escape it yourself.

I know this is a bit of an odd one, but it always upsets me:

• Heart
Reactions: 5
My girlfriend has just tested positive with the Covid-19 virus, which means she's grounded for 10-14 days, and I will miss her terribly.

I also suffer from SAD, and the year so far has been a complete downer, not helped with Covid and the various lockdowns. So right now I am feeling quite sorry for myself, and am listening to a song that I dearly love, but also has me in tears, even as I write this.

Are there any sad songs that affect you emotionally?
Hope she recovers quickly. I have read that SAD disorder is mainly in the winter months. I have the opposite, I suffer from depression in the summer months, the long days get to me, I love the autumn winter months. I don't think there is a name for my condition except madness.

As for songs I love Turn Turn Turn, it does make me feel sad, but I love the song.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Aw I'm sorry to hear about your girlfriend @Bezolabub. Hope she'll be okay and that with any luck, you'll escape it yourself.

I know this is a bit of an odd one, but it always upsets me:

I shouldn't feel so sad given my current privilege in that I have a nice home, a car, a good job and income. But sometimes the more basic human instinct of love and being with someone you really care about trumps materialism. But its good to know people have shared their sad songs on this thread, and I am grateful for that. Thank you

• Heart
I shouldn't feel so sad given my current privilege in that I have a nice home, a car, a good job and income. But sometimes the more basic human instinct of love and being with someone you really care about trumps materialism. But its good to know people have shared their sad songs on this thread, and I am grateful for that. Thank you
Of course you're entitled to be sad. Your worried about your girlfriend and upset that you can't see her for a couple of weeks. Most people would be upset in that situation.
I absolutely agree that love and other emotions matter more than material things and we've seen that so much this year. A lot more people have started to realise it.

Can you facetime or video call your girlfriend until you can see her again? I know it's not the same but probably nicer than just a phonecall.

Reactions: 3
❤❤❤❤

Breathe Me by Sia. Back before she was so well known. Heartbreakingly gorgeous.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Of course you're entitled to be sad. Your worried about your girlfriend and upset that you can't see her for a couple of weeks. Most people would be upset in that situation.
I absolutely agree that love and other emotions matter more than material things and we've seen that so much this year. A lot more people have started to realise it.

Can you facetime or video call your girlfriend until you can see her again? I know it's not the same but probably nicer than just a phonecall.
Yes, we keep in touch via Skype, but its not quite the same obviously, and I worry because she has a weak immune system. So she is panicking now, worrying if she'll be able to "fight off" the virus (her GP is on the case). I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens over the next week or so.

• Sad
Reactions: 1