Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Dublin18

Chatty Member
To be fair I think this trend of kids & teens wanting expensive skincare is just that - a trend. Kids have always wanted to grow up quicker, I copied my sisters makeup, wanted to wear her high heels, jewellery, go clubbing with fake ID! Of course these kids don't need anything more than a facewash, but with social media inflating consumerism in this day and age it's to be expected really. Same thing with giant Stanley cups and Lulu Lemon gear.

Don't get me wrong - J&A are extremely problematic in MANY ways and they are definitely doing this for engagement because they know it'll get clicks and comments, but in my opinion the skincare obsession is fairly harmless.
I think the difference is that your parents probably weren’t encouraging and pushing you to jump on trends. You’re absolutely right that kids want things to make them feel more grown up, but that should only be shared with their friends, not across public social media platforms.

Reactions: 5

Lmg1111

VIP Member
Yes, I don't think the 'my dad bought me an internet cafe' made it into the book... you know, seeing as his father is Evil.
As I haven't read the book, I am also not sure if he mentions being on the swim team, the yearly boating holidays, trips abroad including New York and France, or anything else his parents provided for him.
Oh wow I never would've thought his childhood had been like that!!

• Haha

GoodieFoodie

I can’t believe no one has said anything about Emilia being half naked in yesterdays tik tok and being able to see everything!
What? You are literally reaching.. I watched it the day he posted it and did not see anything (I wasn’t even looking). Went back to look since your post and nothing can be seen. Come on.. sure, the shirt is short, but ntn is visible. She may have shorts on but it’s not visible due to the oversized T-shirt.
He does a lot of weird and inappropriate things, but not everything needs to be fished out for something.

anything at all

VIP Member
Absolutely shocking they let their kids watch this. Even supervised it's stupid. They really don't care, do they??
---

Absolutely shocking they let their kids watch this. Even supervised it's stupid. They really don't care, do they?? How do the Es even know about this???
probably from scrolling the internet alone.. I just saw the TT and I am shocked but at the same time not really surprised, what awful parenting!

Armywife1508

I feel bad for e1, Jono used her for views showing her singing and everyone commenting how great she can sing and she thought she would get the lead role, but reality is she’s just an average singer ( I had to turn one part off because it was so high and out of tune) such a shame, it’s not her fault and I’m glad she goes to school to get these reality checks and real life experience
Surprised after hearing her sing. Maybe she did better in tryou or there aren’t any strong singers. The narrator/s typically listed as a lead role after Joseph.

peachesandcreamz

VIP Member
I hear you regarding kids wanting to use make up and appear older, however the 'supposed' skincare obsession is dangerous.

Those 'drunk elephant' products are for adults. The one product Edie was smearing on his face has this as its selling point.

What it does
The reparative formula nourishes skin with glucosyl ceramides, beta-sitosterols, and zinc and copper salt minerals to encourage the natural synthesis of healthy collagen, vital lipids, and hyaluronic acid in skin, promoting elasticity, soothing skin, and supporting healthy barrier function. Bora Barrier™ delivers powerful, deep moisture, firming skin and reducing visible redness while returning your skin barrier to a healthy state.

Absolutely disgraceful that disgusting Jono and his air head wife are pushing this on their 9 year old son. :mad:
I don't know enough about skincare to say either way whether or not any of those ingredients are unsafe for kids to be honest, so will take your word for it!

I understand lots of people highlighting the issue of "anti-aging" products etc. being pushed on kids and reinforcing body image issues, and I get that totally. I do reckon thought that this is just an "in thing" which will die of in 6 months or so (fingers crossed), and kids aren't actually paying any attention to those selling points. They just want the "thing" they've seen on TikTok and IG that all the IT girlies have.

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
Is she going to a 'normal' Secondary School not a private one?
I'd say its still a private school due to the exams she had to take to get a place.
No idea where though it probably wouldn't be far from the current school can't imagine messing Anna's routine up.

I remember it being mentioned on here that a potential school was marginally cheaper, not by much and had tighter rules around filming on the grounds

I can't see E2 following suit in a year or 2?

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
Her work outs are so strange don't seem like would have any impact and will more than likely cause an injury! Why does she have to do them at 5.30? Sounds like a chore more than something she enjoys she's forcing herself to do the workouts
She can't possibly lose chatty time with matt so chooses to wake the household up instead for no good reason.

Eyesopened

VIP Member
Latest video was two fold - need the views so roll out annal
Plus joliar is butthurt at being sidelined by everyone hearting Matt with his wife . Notice she didn’t mention e2 but he did- he had to get in that e2 was up for making video’s because he’s read here that they are all about him on tt. SHITE JUSTIFICATION 😂😂😂 video

basic bree

I don't think it could be E2 is 9 so would be year 5 if I've got that right?
They've told all sorts of different accounts of what the parents and pupils think but it changes every 2 minutes
I would have thought the issue is with Anna and jonathan not the kids other than when it comes to the girls needing personal space ie swimming, changing, trips
Didn’t realise he was 9! I used to follow them years ago when it was just E1 and E2! Then I realised what a creep Jonathon is !

Eyesopened

VIP Member
It will be the kids that make them pay in one way or another for their behaviour unless they end up as blind sided as the adults but somehow despite Emilia being a little madam I think here’s hope that she will challenge the past cruelty .

Nothing else has touched them, yep she lost a contract with Asda, yes they have have been dropped by every YouTuber , shunned at the school gate, some family ashamed of them but they live in their angry little bubble blaming everyone else .

Emilia get that store room cleared in the garden - shove them down there and charge folk to witness him sat making fantasy videos with no internet and her just layering makeup on . Freak show 2024

Blue_ocean

VIP Member
Didn’t realise he was 9! I used to follow them years ago when it was just E1 and E2! Then I realised what a creep Jonathon is !
Yes, he will be turning 10 in April, alessias birthday comes first but they don't care they tend to make that about E2 aswell as his actual day whilst she's pushed to the side

Scarlett O' Hara

VIP Member
He's lying through his false teeth again.

A single person, let alone a family of 6 just cannot sauneter into the US and take up residency.:rolleyes:

Wellholygod

I didn’t realise Stacey Dooley had a small catch up where she commented on her visit to SJ after having her baby herself. Not sure if it’s a repeat on W tonight