Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kren9

Chatty Member
Basically if you are born on 31st August, you’d be in a different school year to someone born on the 1st September. When you start school in the UK, there are some children who have August birthdates, that are just turn 4, and other in the same year group, who, like Emilia, that have September birthdays, so turn 5 within the first week of school, making them almost a year apart.
Emilia turned 11 at the start of September, and her year 6 class has 10-11 year olds in, therefore they do the 11+ whilst they’re in year 6.
She will start high school (or if she passes the 11+, grammar school) She’ll be 11 when she starts, but will be 12 very shortly after she starts, yet there will be children in her school year that have only just turned 11 in the August.
Just to add, it’s not particularly common for children to take the 11+, it’s mostly done in fee paying schools. Essentially they want your money, but they still want to be seen as a prestigious school, so have the 11+ as a way to ensure that the children attending are bright. Very harsh, and as we know, being good at an exam, doesn’t always determine whether you’re intelligent.

I had around 8 high schools with 20 minutes from where I lived growing up. One of those was a fee paying school. Two from my primary school class did the 11+ and passed, both got a grant and accepted in the school as they were both extremely clever, and the school wanted them because they knew they’d give the school good results. One didn’t want to go, so went to a state school. They still did brilliantly and went on to great things.

I do wonder what will happen if she doesn’t pass, she’ll not get a place? I’m pretty sure she didn’t pass the mock test? No doubt jonny will share every minute detail with the world…

oh and, Jonny, EVERYONE on TikTok can have a weird AI image of themselves. TikTok didn’t invite you to join some special group. Such a knobhead
The way school is done over there is so confusing as over here in the US we do “pre-school” which is generally ages 3-4, then starts “elementary” which begins with “kindergarten” which for the district I live in you have to turn 5 before September 1 in order to start. Elementary goes to through grade 2, sometimes 3. Then “Intermediate” which is usually grades 3-5, however some school districts don’t even have an intermediate school, so in that case the elementary would just cover those grades until “middle school” which is normally grades 6-8, and then “high school” is grades 9-12, which is approximately ages 14-18 and then college if you choose to do so. All districts do it differently but you get the gist. Emilia is going to be starting high school at 12? That seems so early.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

fifi56789

Does anyone know what surgeon she used? I think people are saying Highgate - but which surgeon? Her scar seems very low and neat x

Reactions: 1

Zelda123

Ooh
The exam on Saturday was for another private secondary in the area - my daughter sat it too… Exams for the secondary which their primary is attached to are in early January, however children in the feeder schools should already know whether they have a place or not in the secondary school!
Ooh when are the results due?

Heidi77

VIP Member
Long time lurker here on this thread .. but felt I needed to comment on after seeing that video of them on the rollercoaster! I get A1 was scared after going on but why the hell record her crying, saying she's terrified and screaming and then upload it..... this family have no shame and it's yet more kids growing up and their lives beig broadcast for anyone to see! They need to start saving for counselling for them as those kids are going to need it!
Where is the rollercoaster video?

Markusadam

So she is trying to say she is below her wedding weight, when she was a lot skinnier, and in full blown ED mode? Great stuff, Anna, what an inspiration you are.
i think Anna was trying to say “look at my nails before and after a manicure”

i honestly don’t think she is clever enough to try and say anything else