SacconeJolys #19 The cult of Jonathan the Holy Shepherd and Anna of Grey Manor

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am so glad you replied! what I am thinking, is if you are mentally ill, with something like an ED, how much control do you really have over your life? We all have seen the absolute control Jonathon has, and how he must trigger her ED. There may be legitimate emotional abuse going on. Her jabs at him, might be the only thing she has, and he edits the blogs to highlight it. She was vulnerable when they met, and got together. I'm afraid the power imbalance is still there. My sister in law was in an abusive marriage like that, and it almost killed her. But, no one knew for years and years.
I feel that nobody but Anna herself becomes judgemental about her body weight. If she stops completely talking and sharing about food, exercise and being body positive, nobody will judge her about her weight and food choices.
She is open and responsible by her own choices, nobody not even us have right to say what she eats and what not.
BUT... But she chooses weird small portion sizes over healthy wholesome diet. She puts on weight and clickbaits 'pregnacy speculation' and spirals back into ED to lose weight. She plays with little fragile minds of girls and woman. She chooses editing over being genuine.she chooses to post like 'i am mother of 4 still look at me in the bikini'. I have seen comments section and girls, especially teenagers going through surge of hormonal changes, just cry not having perfect figure like Anna. THAT what makes me angry.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I actually feel for her I am battling an Ed for 20 years and child birth ect have made it worse not better but I do feel she needs to face the issues head on that would be much more relatble and likabe to us all
I honestly would love to her be open about what she is going through if not for herself at least the kids

Reactions: 8
The amount of "I don't knows", and not remembering anything and "not really sure" in her unintelligible gobbledygook in Anna's latest installment of her IG stories has me completely dizzy.🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 16
21 stories this morning about her nails, Estée Lauder, veet her hair roots, and her success she is now having with veet. “I don’t know”. 21 stories. 15 seconds per story. Over 5 minutes of a rant that no one needs to know. But she doesn’t have any spare minutes of her day to dedicate to her kids. 🤯🤯🤯 I honestly find myself sitting there with a WTF scrunched up look on my face every time I listen to her stories. I have to skip through them mostly. It is too painful. How can she be so uneducated about what she has clearly sat down to intentionally talk about?!
if you check out other you tube mums like Emily Norris she is so natural with her kids. Her children are natural. They play and get outside. You watch other YT channels like her, and it just makes the SJs look even more removed from normal. If this is how the rich and comfortable are, I want no part of it. I want to be in my averagely, blue collar family with my kids who know how to play outside, and parents who know how to appreciate their children. In this time, and everything going on with people losing their jobs, and people dying - how on earth does she think it serves her well to sit down for 5 minutes and talk about this pathetic drivel?! Rant over.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
I am so glad you replied! what I am thinking, is if you are mentally ill, with something like an ED, how much control do you really have over your life? We all have seen the absolute control Jonathon has, and how he must trigger her ED. There may be legitimate emotional abuse going on. Her jabs at him, might be the only thing she has, and he edits the blogs to highlight it. She was vulnerable when they met, and got together. I'm afraid the power imbalance is still there. My sister in law was in an abusive marriage like that, and it almost killed her. But, no one knew for years and years.
Often EDs start as a way to have some control on one aspect of your life. Of course it's a false sense of control, but still...

Their relationship is so unhealthy, their 'job' is unhealthy for her, her having kids that she did not really want isn't helping either.
But I am sure her ED started way before she even met Jonathan, and I think she needs to really dive deep with a proper therapist to work through her issues. Emma might have an ED, Erika claims to have body dysmorphia, the Saccone girls are not mentally stable. Makes you wonder what happened in that family.

Zoe Sugg loved those kids so it was more like J&A had a falling out with her
I think that Zoe introduced Gleam to them, and then they signed them. The friendship that followed was pushed by Gleam I am sure. Zoe and Alfie seemed to really like the kids though, but they always seemed uncomfortable around Jonathan.

During Anna's miscarriage, they called Zoe to look after the kids. Zoe and Alfie did go and see baby Alessia, but then Jonathan did those weird songs in the filthy garage where he pretended to be stalking Zoe. I don't think that sat well with Zalfie, and rightfully so.

Alfie did an interview where he talked about how he felt that kids should not be filmed on vlogs, he kept it vague but it was quite clear he was talking about the SJs. Can't remember if this was before of after their housewarming, where everyone was told they were not allowed to film. Jonathan seemed quite pissed off about that. That was the last time they met (that we know of), Alfie and Zoe have not met Andrea and he'll be 2 in August.

So yeah 'we grew apart' is only part of the reason. Jonathan being a total creep is another.

Last edited:
Reactions: 24
Often EDs start as a way to have some control on one aspect of your life. Of course it's a false sense of control, but still...

Their relationship is so unhealthy, their 'job' is unhealthy for her, her having kids that she did not really want isn't helping either.
But I am sure her ED started way before she even met Jonathan, and I think she needs to really dive deep with a proper therapist to work through her issues. Emma might have an ED, Erika claims to have body dysmorphia, the Saccone girls are not mentally stable. Makes you wonder what happened in that family.
Anna's mum and sisters Emma and Erika must cringe when they see Anna on YouTube ( I am assuming they watch ) I am wondering how they must feel seeing Anna and Jonathan exploit their kids, Anna's yo yo dieting and her emotional rollercoaster outpourings on social media and Jonathan act like such a dick in full view for thousands to see. In regards to Emma and Erika I wonder if Anna feels she needs to compete with her sisters body shape and image, they are both extremely thin especially Emma. Its also strange how you don't see any regular visits between the sisters out of all the years they have been doing YouTube you barely have seen Emma unless she has been to visit I cant remember if she has even been to the new house yet with her wife unless they have but don't have the camera on, they are really mysterious.

Reactions: 11
Emma has been to the new house, but that was on her own and before she got married. Anna was complaining that her mum gave Emma more attention when dropping them off at the airport than her mum gave her. I don't think they've seen her since? Emma doesn't like to be filmed though, so that might be another reason for her to stay away, other than the obvious distance.

Reactions: 9
Oh duck off Estee Lauder with your gifted package..Winds me up so much that companies dish out large expensive packages to these people who can clearly afford them. She seemed pretty uninterested in it -not even showing what all she had been sent. Held up the mask/advanced night repair and foundation but then showed about 5 more items on the table. Fucked me right off..sorry but of all the people deserving free products it defo ain't Anna.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 22

Strange I have never bothered to watch her sister, I haven't seen Emma, like ever. She is cute though

Reactions: 6
I actually like Emma. She seems to be more grounded, she has some interests in life, she moved to NY, made friends there. She may come up pretentious at times (i remember her IG) but at least she tries to do something with her life. And she is definitely much more of a private person than the other sisters.
Even her style is different: what she wears, how she looks, what she eats, what she does in her free time. I do not see what she and Anna may have in common.

It is also funny that she does not mind being filmed by her friend (and the video comes across natural) but always was skeptical about being on Anna's and Jono's channel.

Reactions: 10
The amount of "I don't knows", and not remembering anything and "not really sure" in her unintelligible gobbledygook in Anna's latest installment of her IG stories has me completely dizzy.🙄
She acts like she has a gun to her head and isn’t able to freely move about her house and get the nail polish bottle so that she can name it 🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
She acts like she has a gun to her head and isn’t able to freely move about her house and get the nail polish bottle so that she can name it 🤦🏼‍♀️
I’m guessing it’s because she’s not earning any money from it so she doesn’t feel the need to actually name the products

Reactions: 7
Emma has been to the new house, but that was on her own and before she got married. Anna was complaining that her mum gave Emma more attention when dropping them off at the airport than her mum gave her. I don't think they've seen her since? Emma doesn't like to be filmed though, so that might be another reason for her to stay away, other than the obvious distance.

Strange I have never bothered to watch her sister, I haven't seen Emma, like ever. She is cute though
oh wow, she’s seems lovely and normal! She’s painfully thin these days, but the fact that she’s private and lives a fairly normal life (aka not a YouTuber) makes me think she’s the most grounded of the sisters.

Erika seems sweet and not at all catty like Anna, but the poor thing seems to have a lot of struggles and I partially blame Jonathan for putting her in their videos at such a young age. She was painfully awkward in them and hyperaware of the camera so that she could hide her birthmark. I also feel like her interactions with Jonathan were a bit off and he was a little too interested in talking to her and filming her.

Reactions: 12
It's so weird to me that they gave the kids extremely prominent Italian names (especially the two boys) yet they do nothing to promote Italian culture at home? Does Anna speak Italian, or she could at least involve them in cooking Italian meals? I'd give anything to be able to afford a language tutor, the older kids could have weekly lessons or they could read some Italian books or watch cartoons.

I know it's their own choice but it would do nothing but benefit the kids in the future! Why call the poor boys Eduardo and Andrea if they can't explain or join in with their Italian roots.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Jono is just such an embarrassing creep. No wonder 'friends' and relatives avoid them especially when he throws his toys out of the pram if he can't film them. Remember what he wore to that school prom he (his assistant, can't remembered name!) organized?! 🙈😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Jono is just such an embarrassing creep. No wonder 'friends' and relatives avoid them especially when he throws his toys out of the pram if he can't film them. Remember what he wore to that school prom he (his assistant, can't remembered name!) organized?! 🙈😂
You mean this little number?
Screenshot_20200502-120657-01.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
It's so weird to me that they gave the kids extremely prominent Italian names (especially the two boys) yet they do nothing to promote Italian culture at home? Does Anna speak Italian, or she could at least involve them in cooking Italian meals? I'd give anything to be able to afford a language tutor, the older kids could have weekly lessons or they could read some Italian books or watch cartoons.

I know it's their own choice but it would do nothing but benefit the kids in the future! Why call the poor boys Eduardo and Andrea if they can't explain or join in with their Italian roots.
Anna speaks some Italian, but when we do hear her speak apparently it's not all that great from what native speakers say. When you don't use a language you do lose it.
She did however gift herself a course for her birthday last year, but we haven't heard her talk about that at all. I very much doubt she's doing any of that anymore.

The kids could easily do some simple lessons, but they already take Spanish in school I believe, so it might just confuse them?

If this is how the rich and comfortable are, I want no part of it.
nope its not, some millionaires are pretty low-key and youd never know because thats not their plan , they are successful but they keep it to themselves and families (not show business people) these two are different their story is "6 years ago we were broke we didnt have money to pay the rent and now look at as, so you can do it too", new rich people making sure the world knows that

Anna's mum and sisters Emma and Erika must cringe when they see Anna on YouTube ( I am assuming they watch ) I am wondering how they must feel seeing Anna and Jonathan exploit their kids, Anna's yo yo dieting and her emotional rollercoaster outpourings on social media and Jonathan act like such a dick in full view for thousands to see. In regards to Emma and Erika I wonder if Anna feels she needs to compete with her sisters body shape and image, they are both extremely thin especially Emma. Its also strange how you don't see any regular visits between the sisters out of all the years they have been doing YouTube you barely have seen Emma unless she has been to visit I cant remember if she has even been to the new house yet with her wife unless they have but don't have the camera on, they are really mysterious.
I always wonder that, what do her family think of her her life choices and having her kids out there. I always find Oma very relaxing and down to Earth , she gives me the same artistic-ish, child, relaxed but not messy vibe I get from Emma and Erika Anna totally seems from a different family its crazy

You mean this little number?
View attachment 121443
HOW was Anna ok with thissss Id be sooo embarrassed!!

Last edited:

My thoughts exactly - I said it a few days ago!
Anna already has the great advantage of being a native speaker of Italian, having family there, yet she does not do anything about it. In her most recent trips to Italy, she was even ordering in English rather than Italian! I remember one of her very old vlogs where she was in Italy speaking Italian (not perfectly but still!) but she clearly gave up on it.
And the way she pronounces her sons' names: Eudardoe and Andreyah, ugh. Why not Eddie and Andy then?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.