RVK_Loves #26 Cooking a baby, living the plywood dream, 10x more tiles than anyone's seen

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she didn’t want to “give up wardrobe space” then they could have taken some of the room from the guest room to make that corridor a bit wider and made that into a walk in wardrobe and baby Hamlet could have had the (smaller) guest room. Easy.
What’s in the wardrobe? They both wear about three outfits each on repeat!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
View attachment 390469

OMG never seen anything like it. imagine admitting to this.
[/QUOTE]

She would rather her baby sleep between a manky old window and a radiator {neither of which follow guidelines from the lullaby trust about sleep safety} because she won’t give up her Monica cupboard and selfie mirror, oh and because they both need sleep even though they’re both self employed and work flexibly - and I use that term in its loosest sense!

Self-centred witch. I don’t know a mother who prioritises storage over her children. I hope those idiotic followers leave in droves after this

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I think this is weird to the point of worrying. She's got a million pound house, with lots of rooms, but not enough room for 2 children. She's also used colour on the walls, which is in contrast to her usual light grey/cream colour and it's a murky colour. The only other room with colour on the walls is the snug which they never seem to use. Her comment about not wanting to use the spare room for a child because she doesn't want to give up her wardrobes is horrible. Compare the effort which went into Freya's room, to this. She's basically moved the ironing basket and used a couple of tester pots. That bit of landing is where I'd put a cat litter tray, not a baby. Her parents need to have a word, especially her dad, because I reckon his opinion matters more to her than her mum's.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Argghh i cant add attachments anymore pn here but she has replied to the question and said yes one of them does sleep in the spare room when they dont get enough sleep and she doesnt want to give up wardrobe space !!!!!
So she’d rather her child sleep in a corridor than give up wardrobe space?! So selfish!

Reactions: 12
It's one thing if you don't have the space and you are doing the best you can with what you've got, but at some point they are going to have to give up the guest room {for their non-existent guests} as they can't keep him in the corridor forever, and having seen the public record planning application, appeal and further refusal of permission for a 2 storey extension to create a proper 4th bedroom, and knowing problems friends with listed properties have had with that particular planning office, they are not going to get permission to do so anytime soon. TBH the baby won't even be in the nursery space for at least a year from now so I don't see the point of putting a cot etc in the corridor - just make it a walk in wardrobe for his shart coloured clothes/accessories for now, and decorate the actual bedroom later down the line, thereby enabling a separate sleeping situation for them for at least a year 🤷🏻‍♀️ I rather suspected they were doing it to maintain a his and hers bedroom set up - fine if you have the space, but if it means you have to shove your child in a corridor, it's time to give this up. Also gives her a massive opportunity to be creative and turn the 2nd bedroom into a fantastic kids room. Just seems a terrible shame in a £1m property - surely the reason for buying it was to eventually have room to raise a family. Poor, poor Baby Harry Hamlet Potter, already second fiddle to Baby Bee.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
In the 10 years me and my husband have lived together neither of us have slept in the spare room, even at the height of sleep deprivation with our first child so I find that reasoning for keeping the spare room odd. Is that normal among couples? I don’t sleep as well when I’m alone 🙁

She‘s basically admitted that now Ben has given her his seed she has no need for him so can retreat to her bedroom where her wardrobe space is. What a loving and intimate marriage 🙄

Reactions: 11
I think this is weird to the point of worrying. She's got a million pound house, with lots of rooms, but not enough room for 2 children. She's also used colour on the walls, which is in contrast to her usual light grey/cream colour and it's a murky colour. The only other room with colour on the walls is the snug which they never seem to use. Her comment about not wanting to use the spare room for a child because she doesn't want to give up her wardrobes is horrible. Compare the effort which went into Freya's room, to this. She's basically moved the ironing basket and used a couple of tester pots. That bit of landing is where I'd put a cat litter tray, not a baby. Her parents need to have a word, especially her dad, because I reckon his opinion matters more to her than her mum's.
I don’t think it’s about the wardrobes, she could still use these and have the baby in there. One of them sleeps in there, Ben obviously, probably so he doesn’t disturb her getting up in the morning going out to work, and maybe for other reasons! She gets the smaller room and the en-suite (which is bigger than baby Hamlet’s room!)

Reactions: 8
I don’t think it’s about the wardrobes, she could still use these and have the baby in there. One of them sleeps in there, Ben obviously, probably so he doesn’t disturb her getting up in the morning going out to work, and maybe for other reasons! She gets the smaller room and the en-suite (which is bigger than baby Hamlet’s room!)
Could she put Hamlet in the en-suite if it’s bigger than the hallway? She’s done it before 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
*Tried to get a Lick collab... couldn't.
Despite them giving one to every Tom, Dick(Head) or Grabby. Me thinks Toots is losing her brand
That’s really true! There’s a godawful Instagram page that an acquaintance has and even she got a lick collab and she has half as many followers (probably had even less at the time) 😂 Oh Grabby, it’s really tough {for various reasons} isn’t it?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Will be interesting to see what cot they go for - no way is that space big enough width ways for a cot bed.

She gets more selfish by the day! And why are they doing the nursery so soon - July is six months away. Oh yes..... content 🙄

Reactions: 10
This is all just ridiculous. Is she trying to channel some sort of NYC apartment vibe here where the baby has to go in the closet because the entire apartment is 350 sq ft. Like others have said, sometimes you have to work with what you've got, but she's got at least 2500 sq ft to play with which is approximately 4 times the size of an average UK home. A substantial million pound family home and the new baby is in a nook on the landing. She needs an intervention.

Reactions: 15
That’s the thing isn’t it, like someone said up-thread, it would be fine for someone who is making do and doesn’t have room. I have friends in London who had kids in a one bed flat and it’s a ‘make the best of the space’ situation. She has a million pound house. Give the boy a bedroom.

Reactions: 17
In the 10 years me and my husband have lived together neither of us have slept in the spare room, even at the height of sleep deprivation with our first child so I find that reasoning for keeping the spare room odd. Is that normal among couples? I don’t sleep as well when I’m alone 🙁

She‘s basically admitted that now Ben has given her his seed she has no need for him so can retreat to her bedroom where her wardrobe space is. What a loving and intimate marriage 🙄
We never did either, he normally snored when I fed and got up for work.

As much as Ashleigh can be annoying, her house is a dream.

Reactions: 9
I’m speechless again, nursery for her second child is actual corridor, no door, no double glazing??!! Really

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.