RVK_Loves #25 Ads have dried up, freebies no more so Ben blew his beans up me, now we are four

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I unfollowed GSDIH this morning. It was the stories yesterday rambling on about Harry Potter dementors and how ‘we are all in the same storm, different boat. Some are working, some are staying home’

No mention of families struggling to feed their kids, no mention of parents trying to homeschool multiple children whilst trying to maintain a job yourself. All done whilst sat in her big house in front of her Aga to keep warm.

Then came the poncy tile Ad and irritating hashtag 🙄

*off to find the other thread*
Yes, they definitely need to read the room. They haven't got a bloody clue.

I am sick of influencers and celebs saying we all in this together. Read the room people!
So true. Not a clue about real life and everyday struggling. Families dreading meal times due to lack of food. No laptops for their children. Just horrendous.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
“A lot more involved than we thought”....

so basically they didn’t realise theywere encaustic and that extra work needs to be done in dealing them.

and he’s a property developer? 🤔
She should know the work involved considering she has the same brand/type of tiles in her loft bathroom

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Am I being a dick but what’s wrong with your child standing on a chair until they are tall enough not to old fashioned patent here but my kids haven’t had any kitchen accidents !!!

Reactions: 13
Why do kids need towers for standing in anyway? Whats wrong with your kid standing on a chair and being supervised in the kitchen or does no one do that now? I have a primary aged child who has always stood on the chairs when we were doing things together and I watched carefully. Who really needs towers and platforms that look like they are watchtowers from a maximum security prison
Am I the only one who doesn’t involve my toddler in cooking dinner?? He’s not interested! I wouldn’t find a use for the stool! If I am baking cookies or something fair enough but I would make him sit safely at the kitchen table with a bowl and spoon and bring it to him. And when my children are old enough to want to stand and help in the kitchen they won’t need that stupid stool. I wouldn’t let him near an oven at one year old! To me it’s grabby wanting her children to fit in with her interests rather than doing what they want to do

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Yep we did stand on a chair - my children still not that old, and our dining chairs are similar to grabby’s. They’re particularly good for it as the legs being wider at the bottom makes them very stable and textured plastic is relatively grippy. Only needed until about 2.5 when the IKEA kids stool was high enough. (Not the stepped one used to hack a tower). And yes mine were not that interested and guess what after a full day at work and rushing dinner together at 6pm help was the last thing I needed!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
GSDIH was one of the very first people I unfollowed on Insta ... smug is an understatement.
Same here, once the ads starting coming in there was no stopping her! I just can’t bear to listen to her! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Yep we did stand on a chair - my children still not that old, and our dining chairs are similar to grabby’s. They’re particularly good for it as the legs being wider at the bottom makes them very stable and textured plastic is relatively grippy. Only needed until about 2.5 when the IKEA kids stool was high enough. (Not the stepped one used to hack a tower). And yes mine were not that interested and guess what after a full day at work and rushing dinner together at 6pm help was the last thing I needed!
Our toddler uses the Ikea step unhacked, because they’re never unsupervised and one of us is always behind or to the side of them - surely a child shouldn’t be unsupervised in a ‘kitchen helper’ so why a stool or a normal chair isn’t good enough is beyond me 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 9
I’m beginning to wonder how I’ve got to my 40’s unscathed. How my parents coped without a Stanley stool I’ll never know 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Clearly I’m an appalling mother as it never occurred to me to have my children at my side whilst cooking. I was more of the turn on Baby TV and get 30 mins peace in the kitchen style of parenting.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
We’ve had a little helper for a few years. Works well, the kids enjoy watching what’s going on 🤷🏻‍♀️. Whether you use a chair, a tv babysitter (no judgement here, it’s my favourite parenting tool), or a tower, each to their own 🤷🏻‍♀️ So long as it’s safe, which these Gingey Saville TM towers certainly don’t look, then there’s no issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Couldn't even wait until the tiles were grouted before putting them on the grid. Yet again a half arsed, impatient Grabby misses the mark. Also flowers belong in a vase not on the floor.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Well I’m glad she thinks so, I personally think they look completely out of place in what could be a beautiful hallway, and dare I say, cheap looking! Sorry Grabby 🤷🏼‍♀️ #ohdreamyhallway ..err no!
I can’t imagine they would be able to get listed building consent for floor tiles. Unless they’re on something that can be lifted and it also protects the wooden floor.
My own personal preference would have been to sand and polish the floorboards. They’d have been lighter then. But, each to their own.

Reactions: 8
I’m beginning to wonder how I’ve got to my 40’s unscathed. How my parents coped without a Stanley stool I’ll never know 🙄
I know right? I had that brightly coloured phone from Fisher Price. How wasn't I blinded from the lack of beige?

Also I remember having a normal bookcase in our house growing up. I used to pick own choices to read without the aid of a formaldehyde waft or a scalloped edge in sight.

Some sort of deprived childhood I had.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I know right? I had that brightly coloured phone from Fisher Price. How wasn't I blinded from the lack of beige?

Also I remember having a normal bookcase in our house growing up. I used to pick own choices to read without the aid of a formaldehyde waft or a scalloped edge in sight.

Some sort of deprived childhood I had.
I think those of us who grew up in the 70s and 80s were lucky enough to have lead paint on our cots, and probably some asbestos out in the garden shed. Maybe Gingey Saville is trying to help recreate his glorious childhood memories of such things by presenting Fweya with some formaldehyde as a modern day substitute.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I can’t imagine they would be able to get listed building consent for floor tiles. Unless they’re on something that can be lifted and it also protects the wooden floor.
My own personal preference would have been to sand and polish the floorboards. They’d have been lighter then. But, each to their own.
They probably just went ahead and did as they pleased, we all know what Grabby’s like!
That would have been my preference too, those tiles are hideous! 😂

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.