RVK_Loves #25 Ads have dried up, freebies no more so Ben blew his beans up me, now we are four

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Completely agree. Never used ovulation tests, or a thermometer, or anything else influencers swear by to conceive - i’ve been pregnant 5 times, 3 of those were first month not using protection, one was a surprise/accident and the other took 8 months. The one that took the longest was my first pregnancy which is when I was stressed about it not happening! I’ve had 3 losses so hopefully the baby currently cooking will be my second (and final) take home baby.

I don’t understand these women who try to control it from day 1 - Grabby, Elle Darby & Carys all using ovulation tests etc from the start, sucks all the fun out of it. ’Trying’ is meant to be the fun bit 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The bit about the dating scan and ignoring the date annoyed me too - it doesn’t matter what her or Ben thinks - in the NHS your due date is determined by the scan. It makes me think they only have sex to conceive if the date doesn’t make sense. I bet the spare room is actually Ben’s room and he only gets summoned when the ovulation test says she’s fertile.
I agree! That bit was so weird. Also I don’t know ANYONE who’s second baby came earlier than their first. Yes the births themselves were all quicker but honestly everyone I know had a longer pregnancy with their second. Is it really bad that I’m hoping she goes so overdue she has to be induced 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
I agree! That bit was so weird. Also I don’t know ANYONE who’s second baby came earlier than their first. Yes the births themselves were all quicker but honestly everyone I know had a longer pregnancy with their second. Is it really bad that I’m hoping she goes so overdue she has to be induced 🤣
I’m the opposite to you, everyone I know had their second earlier! But then most Women I know went past their due date.

I feel like a mega b***h but she was so smug about her ‘perfect’ home birth with Bentos I really hope it’s the polar opposite - induction, in hospital, aaaaaallll the pain relief. Although her blog will still make it sound dreamy 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Grabbys public service announcement about sweet potato fries 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wow thanks Grabby for that life hack/game changing piece of information. Who’d have thought you’d find the best everrrrr in the freezer aisle 🙄

Why? Just why?
If it takes her off talking about conceiving, pregnancy, Fweya, then happy to hear about it! Although public service announcement: I bought them once and ended up binning them.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I’m the opposite to you, everyone I know had their second earlier! But then most Women I know went past their due date.

I feel like a mega b***h but she was so smug about her ‘perfect’ home birth with Bentos I really hope it’s the polar opposite - induction, in hospital, aaaaaallll the pain relief. Although her blog will still make it sound dreamy 🙄
Breech and therefore elective c section... genuinely happened with my friend. Straightforward first birth, got to 8cm at home and then went into hospital and gave birth 1 hour later. Second was breech, tried everything to turn baby but she was firmly wedged into her pelvis so had an elective in covid conditions so her partner had to go after an hour. Just goes to show you can't guarantee what will happen. I felt gutted for my friend, wouldn't feel the same for Grabby.

Reactions: 9
FML. BB seems to make quite a bit from scratch yet she buys frozen sweet potato fries? They are so easy to make! I’m surprised she didn’t try and then write a bleeping blog about it

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Hello. I’m not too sure what to say, or if I’ll even press post, but I just want to rant. I used to follow RVK, initially interested in her home reno project, but slowly and surely her ignorance and crassness was too much for me and I unfollowed.
Early 2020 my husband and I started trying for a baby. As the eldest of my siblings, and not many parent friends yet, I was interested and grateful to see her blogs regarding her trying to conceive journey.
I sucked it {alllll} up. Picked up the vits from Wholefoods, followed her advise and felt totally ready!
Honestly - it was the worst thing I could have read.
The vitamins made me ill, her panicked comments about not conceiving straight away made me think I too should be worrying about this, I got stressed and couldn’t help feeling awful once I passed that 4 month mark.
I replied to her story once, when she was flogging the vits on her stories again - told her she needed to be careful what she was ‘swearing by’ as I followed her advice and ended up needing to see a dr. She didn’t bother coming back to me.

I’m a year in ttc now, last month I had a chemical pregnancy - it was a blessing to get such a glimmer of hope - and in all honesty it happened the month I chilled completely and ditched the ovulation sticks etc.

Seeing her new blog post just now {which I gave up reading?!} made me angry. For all those girls reading thinking that it will happen so easily for them! She is so tone death. She’s literally encouraging you to buy (aff) the ovulation sticks that she swears by. She’s making money out of a subject she has no right nor qualifications to do so.

She’s gloating. She’s so pleased with herself. She’s pleased with the speed, she’s pleased with her announcement picture (imagine finding out you’re having a grandchild over a WhatsApp picture, nice.)
But despite all of this, and how angry her attitude makes me, I honestly truly pity her. She’s so desperately competitive with herself. She says the baby is planned, then she says they ideally wanted a 2-3 gap, then she says she wanted to see if it could happen. ...is she having this baby because she was ready and wanted another, or because she was worried about it happening for her?
Either way, we all know she clearly does not have the mental capacity to cope with 2 young babies, I hope she does, but honestly, I think we all know we’re watching a car crash in slow mo. Pilates in NYC can’t help you now darling!
Take care of yourself!

Reactions: 3
She's really spoiling us with the sweet potato fries infomercial. I think she should do a turn on QVC, she knows everything and everything. "Today I'm here to talk about the sweetness of these fries. They are a bit orange and I love shart coloured items and as texture is my favourite colour, they make me happy, for various reasons"

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Grabbys public service announcement about sweet potato fries 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Wow thanks Grabby for that life hack/game changing piece of information. Who’d have thought you’d find the best everrrrr in the freezer aisle 🙄

Why? Just why?
FFS and she says 'forgot to share this last night' as if it's the most important nugget of information she's ever had to share that everyone was dying to know. Thank you so much Grabby I'm forever indebted to you for this tip!!!!! Tonight I will sleep so much better knowing your opinion on the best sweet potato fries!

What a fucktard.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
FFS and she says 'forgot to share this last night' as if it's the most important nugget of information she's ever had to share that everyone was dying to know. Thank you so much Grabby I'm forever indebted to you for this tip!!!!! Tonight I will sleep so much better knowing your opinion on the best sweet potato fries!

What a fucktard.
Like we’d assume she was eating them for breakfast otherwise... 🤦‍♀️

• Haha

What a fucktard.
Exactly this. That's how little content she has. Its like she's just discovered the freezer aisle in Waitrose. Can't wait for the crispy pancake discovery.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Hello. I’m not too sure what to say, or if I’ll even press post, but I just want to rant. I used to follow RVK, initially interested in her home reno project, but slowly and surely her ignorance and crassness was too much for me and I unfollowed.
Early 2020 my husband and I started trying for a baby. As the eldest of my siblings, and not many parent friends yet, I was interested and grateful to see her blogs regarding her trying to conceive journey.
I sucked it {alllll} up. Picked up the vits from Wholefoods, followed her advise and felt totally ready!
Honestly - it was the worst thing I could have read.
The vitamins made me ill, her panicked comments about not conceiving straight away made me think I too should be worrying about this, I got stressed and couldn’t help feeling awful once I passed that 4 month mark.
I replied to her story once, when she was flogging the vits on her stories again - told her she needed to be careful what she was ‘swearing by’ as I followed her advice and ended up needing to see a dr. She didn’t bother coming back to me.

I’m a year in ttc now, last month I had a chemical pregnancy - it was a blessing to get such a glimmer of hope - and in all honesty it happened the month I chilled completely and ditched the ovulation sticks etc.

Seeing her new blog post just now {which I gave up reading?!} made me angry. For all those girls reading thinking that it will happen so easily for them! She is so tone death. She’s literally encouraging you to buy (aff) the ovulation sticks that she swears by. She’s making money out of a subject she has no right nor qualifications to do so.

She’s gloating. She’s so pleased with herself. She’s pleased with the speed, she’s pleased with her announcement picture (imagine finding out you’re having a grandchild over a WhatsApp picture, nice.)
But despite all of this, and how angry her attitude makes me, I honestly truly pity her. She’s so desperately competitive with herself. She says the baby is planned, then she says they ideally wanted a 2-3 gap, then she says she wanted to see if it could happen. ...is she having this baby because she was ready and wanted another, or because she was worried about it happening for her?
Either way, we all know she clearly does not have the mental capacity to cope with 2 young babies, I hope she does, but honestly, I think we all know we’re watching a car crash in slow mo. Pilates in NYC can’t help you now darling!
hello, you’ve found your people!

I was in exactly the same position as you a couple of years ago when she announced the first immaculate conception, I’d been ttc for just over a year and I’m ashamed to say I was so desperate I brought the frigging royal jelly {stopped short of bee pollen; don’t kick me out Tattlers!} she was heralding as her miracle concoction for fertility. I also didn’t have many close friends or family to talk to about it all so I would read anything & everything for advice.

I started questioning it all when she was touting all the free stuff she was gifted as essential {the John Lewis/Bugaboo thing still grips me} and when she posted her birth story about overriding her doctors’ opinion on induction, obviously she was going to be 10x better at labour than any other woman so she didn’t need to listen to a doctor 🤨

Anyway after 2 1/2 years and 2 losses I had my twins in February last year and I’m pretty sure they were the result of a very drunk weekend in Liverpool! Honestly don’t spend you life peeing on sticks but if you want to chat anytime drop me a dm
X

• Heart
Reactions: 39
hello, you’ve found your people!

I was in exactly the same position as you a couple of years ago when she announced the first immaculate conception, I’d been ttc for just over a year and I’m ashamed to say I was so desperate I brought the frigging royal jelly {stopped short of bee pollen; don’t kick me out Tattlers!} she was heralding as her miracle concoction for fertility. I also didn’t have many close friends or family to talk to about it all so I would read anything & everything for advice.

I started questioning it all when she was touting all the free stuff she was gifted as essential {the John Lewis/Bugaboo thing still grips me} and when she posted her birth story about overriding her doctors’ opinion on induction, obviously she was going to be 10x better at labour than any other woman so she didn’t need to listen to a doctor 🤨

Anyway after 2 1/2 years and 2 losses I had my twins in February last year and I’m pretty sure they were the result of a very drunk weekend in Liverpool! Honestly don’t spend you life peeing on sticks but if you want to chat anytime drop me a dm
X
I knew it! Alcohol always wins 😂😉

• Heart
I'm just watching a news item on the ICU wards and on one there are 2 pregnant women in critical conditions with covid. It completely baffles me that Grabs has been galivanting here there and everywhere and not caring about risk. She's so priviledged, she doesn't NEED to go out (to work for example) but she's CHOOSING to. SO weird.

Reactions: 13
She’s back at it sharing her age inappropriate ideas for toddlers! Here, read this book, I mean I know it’s actually best suited for 2 and 3 year olds, but Freya is 10x more advanced than any other toddler so I just ignore that...

(Early years teacher here so it particularly winds me up 🙈)

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Read this just now, I know it's the Daily Fail but still...Grabs take note of how hurtful your careless bragging can be!

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Read this just now, I know it's the Daily Fail but still...Grabs take note of how hurtful your careless bragging can be!

I saw this article this morning. Poor lady, my heart broke reading that. She has no idea what struggles or heart ache actually is.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.