RVK Loves

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wonder if the PR teams at good old fashioned M&S, trendy Joules and The White Company etc. are aware of this element of their past? It’s hardly in any of their brands ‘fit’ is it?.........They’re paying this homely, well to do pair to in essence be a face for their brands......

Reactions: 1
I just can’t imagine sharing every detail of my life like this including the conception of my baby it’s bizarre.

Reactions: 2
Part 1.
Hello! I was told about this thread a while back but until today didn’t want to see what horrible things have been written.

I just wanted to clear a few things up because although I welcome freedom of speech and accept that everyone has an opinion and doesn’t have to like somebody, it’s not fair to spread lies about people.
  • Yes I wrote some stupid tweets in the past, the only one I still consider to be shocking was the Adele one but it’s a shame nobody noticed the speech marks around it as quote marks from a Jimmy Carr quote. Everyone used to put stupid stuff on twitter, that was 7 years ago. And I think the things that most people write on this forum are far, far worse than some old tweets.
  • Everyone overthinks instagram. At the end of the day it’s a photo sharing app where I use it to share parts of my life and things that I love. I don’t ever pretend to be changing the world or want to be a political figurehead. Yes it’s all flowers and ‘pretty things’ or photos from our travels, the trivial things but that’s what I enjoy using the platform for. It’s a bit of escapism and a creativity outlet, not meant to be representative of my everyday life or the gritty parts of life. Is it really that offensive to people sharing photos of my garden or the small things in life that I want to capture?
  • I’ve never been deceitful with declaring ads. I was featured on the ASA list over a year ago for 2 reasons, one was that I put a front story page saying ‘this contains affiliate links’ when it should have been labelled on each story. And the second was for writing ‘I’m proud to work with Not on the High Street’ on my blog instead and stating ‘this is a sponsored post’. Not because I was trying to pretend it wasn’t an ad. But this is such a new industry that even the ASA are trying to keep up with the changes and everyone is learning as we go. I welcome their guidance as the rules are often updating. TBC

Part 2
  • Not that it’s anybody’s business but the story of how me and my husband met may have been unconventional but if we, our families and friends are all happy then that’s all that matters. Everyone is so fast to judge when they don’t know the whole story or us as people, yet we’ve been together for over 10 years and married for 5 this year.
  • Surely you should all learn by now not to believe things you read on tattle as very clearly demonstrated by the fake ‘maths teacher’ and ‘yellow nightie’ stories that people have later admitted to be false and a mistake by posters yet everyone jumps on the bandwagon.
  • Everybody seems to think that my husband and I are so privileged and never work. If you read that article about the school trip, you’ll see that we both went to state schools yet that doesn’t fit with your false narratives so nobody bothers to comment on this. I’m not for one minute saying that I’ve had a difficult life but it’s far from the ‘trust fund and silver spoon existence’ that some people like to believe.
  • You might not like my baby posts or posts talking about conception but I’ve never had as many messages from people thanking me for being honest and that it’s helped them. Likewise, you moan about my travel photos but I get far far more people saying that they love my travel blog guides. And again, why would you bother to look or even comment on here about it if it’s all so boring or offends you?
  • Whilst yes we are incredibly lucky and appreciative for the great lives we live, my husband has built that up from scratch after buying his first house whilst at uni with no financial help. {again, if you actually read my blog you’d see his career story}.
TBC

Part 3.

I’m not going to apologise or change how I live my life to please people on a forum. I really don’t know why if you hate what you see so much that you still follow me? And you really should remember that instagram is a highlights reel. We get only get one life so I’ll live mine how I want to live it, perhaps you should too.

I’d suggest that anybody posting on here is clearly deeply unhappy and dissatisfied with their own lives if they’re spending time writing on a forum {particularly at a weekend?} speculating about others instagram stories or posts. It’s mad. Fair enough talk about me if you think I’m not declaring ads but why be bullies when you could be doing something productive to make yourself happier?

Comparison is the thief of joy. So I’d suggest you don’t look at somebody else’s happiness and life on instagram if it annoys you or makes you feel bad in anyway.

I don’t doubt that some of you will take this the wrong way, as you seem to with most of my posts, but I hope for the more reasonable minded people on here that it would open your eyes or perhaps change your ways. I’m blocking this forum from my phone and laptop as it’s not healthy for anybody, I’d suggest if my instagram or blog makes you feel like that then it would be best to do the same.

• Haha
Rebecca here. Trying to post on here but looks like the moderators keep deleting my replies?!
Not true Rebecca,
there is a system in place to approve new members and posts like with most sites. You joined at 1pm, you’ve been approved and posted. Assuming you’re being deleted is untrue.
You’re comments have all been posted but if the site is busy there will be a delay at times.
Hopefully that’s all ok now.

Reactions: 5
Why is this not disclosed as an ad then? 85F18F59-B606-48C3-8C2D-67796A9FDAF8.jpeg

Or this?

015DD1D9-56B1-4774-B2A0-30A928B6AF8A.jpeg

Or this?

D5E0D117-C4BF-472E-9730-A9F97D329FEC.jpeg

Or this?
FE32D63B-902D-4CB3-8CED-143656323650.jpeg

Or this?

DCAEE31A-EC8B-4BF7-BB00-BB8E3FC67417.jpeg

Or this?

0E3FEC72-1431-4064-A521-B29C9D794F8B.jpeg

That’s not including any of the holidays you only recently started disclosing as #presstrips and only a small selection of some of your pictures on your feed. It’s not just a creative outlet, Rebecca, it’s your business. Just be honest with people. I don’t know why it’s so hard for you to do this.

Reactions: 9
Rebecca hasn’t blocked this forum - she’s on here reading! Poor love doesn’t realise that we can see what she’s doing 😂😂😂😂😂 Was last seen reading a post about ‘Influenza’! Rebecca we can see you 😘

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Why is this not disclosed as an ad then? View attachment 10759

Or this?

View attachment 10760

Or this?

View attachment 10761

Or this?
View attachment 10762

Or this?

View attachment 10763

Or this?

View attachment 10764

That’s not including any of the holidays you only recently started disclosing as #presstrips and only a small selection of some of your pictures on your feed. It’s not just a creative outlet, Rebecca, it’s your business. Just be honest with people. I don’t know why it’s so hard for you to do this.
What makes me laugh is years ago I saw a tweet where she bitched about people who accepted freebies and yet here we are...🤔

Reactions: 4
It's not a creative outlet though, it's your business.

I also find it quite laughable that you assume people posting here are deeply unhappy because it's the weekend (the presumption being they should have something better to do?) 1. You've posted what might be the lengthiest post on this website at the weekend. Does the same logic not apply to you? 2. You were watching Netflix in the Maldives... THAT makes me unhappy 😂 what a waste.

At the end of the day YOU put all the information out there. You wrote about how you met your husband. You can't throw your dummy out of the pram because people don't agree with your whimsical, fairytale, rose-tinted view of the world.

Reactions: 14
Why is this not disclosed as an ad then? View attachment 10759

Or this?

View attachment 10760

Or this?

View attachment 10761

Or this?
View attachment 10762

Or this?

View attachment 10763

Or this?

View attachment 10764

None of these were ads, with gifts/unpaid instead - a lot of these pre-date the new guidelines on gifting {these are 2 years old?} so you only had to declare if there was payment or editorial control - none of which these did. Since the new guidelines, everything has been marked. If you look at the 11 people who were made examples of when they first announced the new guidelines, they were still tagging and not declaring ads with people they had previously relationships with. However, I've now gone a step further and any previous relationships are now disclosed. The previous trips were part of being a honeymoon editor for when I worked with SYGM so it wasn't part of my instagram. Since the new guidelines this January, this is all marked. Surely if there were examples of recent things you would have added those here?

It's not a creative outlet though, it's your business.

I also find it quite laughable that you assume people posting here are deeply unhappy because it's the weekend (the presumption being they should have something better to do?) 1. You've posted what might be the lengthiest post on this website at the weekend. Does the same logic not apply to you? 2. You were watching Netflix in the Maldives... THAT makes me unhappy 😂 what a waste.

At the end of the day YOU put all the information out there. You wrote about how you met your husband. You can't throw your dummy out of the pram because people don't agree with your whimsical, fairytale, rose-tinted view of the world.
*Gifted #ad pram! We wouldn’t want to be back on that list, would we? X

How you and your husband got together is not "unconventional", it is against the law. Hence many high profile criminal cases recently. There is something not normal about a grown man fancying a young teenager.

Reactions: 10
What are some of the trips you took with SYGM that didn’t also appear on your personal account?

None of these were ads, with gifts/unpaid instead - a lot of these pre-date the new guidelines on gifting {these are 2 years old?} so you only had to declare if there was payment or editorial control - none of which these did. Since the new guidelines, everything has been marked. If you look at the 11 people who were made examples of when they first announced the new guidelines, they were still tagging and not declaring ads with people they had previously relationships with. However, I've now gone a step further and any previous relationships are now disclosed. The previous trips were part of being a honeymoon editor for when I worked with SYGM so it wasn't part of my instagram. Since the new guidelines this January, this is all marked. Surely if there were examples of recent things you would have added those here?
No this is not true. The CMA rules have always existed, you (and plenty of other influencers to be fair) chose to ignore the existence of those rules and push product placement in the form of gifts onto our feed without disclosing this. Your blog disclosures are inadequate as you don’t disclose commercial relationships upfront (you include vague disclosure at the end and incorrectly say gifting doesn’t equal sponsored - it obviously does!) and your recent grid disclosures are also inadequate (a wafted hand with “contains some gifted items” isn’t enough). You never explained your trips were working trips for your role as editor, you were happy to give the impression that you were on holidays. None of it was clear. You are obviously a good writer, able to explain things but you chose not to. Don’t complain now that people don’t like the choices you made to dupe them.

Reactions: 11
"I’d suggest that anybody posting on here is clearly deeply unhappy and dissatisfied with their own lives if they’re spending time writing on a forum {particularly at a weekend?} speculating about others instagram stories or posts."

Dear God, the irony of this! From someone who shares every minute detail of her life, every single day of the week. And here you are speculating about us.

And you've clearly been reading on here for weeks, not just today, as you've deleted old tweets and blogs and edited posts in response to what we've said.

I mean, seriously 🤦‍♀️

8A4A7426-B667-4A0A-B5B0-292430D2E95B.jpeg

Personalised discount code = AD
Gifted shutters = sponsored (at the very least)

The age difference is one (illegal) thing but the power imbalance in the relationship is another; he was already a wealthy man with his own property and you were a schoolgirl. Whether you realise it or not you are dependent on him and have been your whole adult life.

Your lovely home and amazing holidays don’t make grooming OK.

The age difference is one (illegal) thing but the power imbalance in the relationship is another; he was already a wealthy man with his own property and you were a schoolgirl. Whether you realise it or not you are dependent on him and have been your whole adult life.

Your lovely home and amazing holidays don’t make grooming OK.
Especially dependent now that you are having a baby with him.

Who can buy a house when they’re in uni?? She doesn’t live a trust fund/silver spoon existence....oh but you do!!! #deluded

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.