RVK Loves #8 More Katie Hopkins than Cath Kidston

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m on a mission to go to an event and have a face to face with this idiotic girl, not being able to go to a physio appt alone with the baby, most women return to work myself included when your babies is 6 months and work, juggle the home and have a meaningful life ! How can we influence her with comments without being blocked ? She is a disgrace to women 😱
I don’t think she goes to events?

Reactions: 4
I don’t think she goes to events?
I think she'll go to events now if her mummy accompanied her. She did go to a food thing in Central London for Panzers Deli, who are in St Johns Wood. She managed to get to Liberty for her advent calendar recently, with Mumma.

Yes to all of this! This may sound a bit cold of me, but I've always had the outlook that if my husband were to suddenly up and leave, or to die, that I need to be able to support myself and my family and that's just sensible in my eyes! Can you imagine if something happened to Ben!? She wouldn't even know how to pay the gas bill!
daddy and mummy would just do everything for her tho wouldn't they

Reactions: 1
Yes to all of this! This may sound a bit cold of me, but I've always had the outlook that if my husband were to suddenly up and leave, or to die, that I need to be able to support myself and my family and that's just sensible in my eyes! Can you imagine if something happened to Ben!? She wouldn't even know how to pay the gas bill!
She doesn’t. He deals with stuff like that. She’s admitted it. Silly madam

I’ve found my people! Ive been reading the threads on her and I’ve had to create an account to ask you guys a question that I’ve been pondering for ages. I’ve followed Grabby for a while and I always wonder why they need an allotment when they also have a massive garden? Also if they both had full time jobs, surely there’s no way they would be able to maintain both - or is there a gardener we don’t know about?
I’ve maybe been overthinking this.
Welcome and pull up a pew! The reason they have time for a huge garden and an allotment is because neither of them really seem to work in the conventional sense. Rebecca’s job is basically to beg for freebies!! Ben works with her dad and they buy and do up prosperities as far as I know.

The way she refers the herself as mumma is so toe curlingly cringe . Grow up woman for goodness sake ! I wish I was as "busy" as her. She blatantly has a cleaner as well as well doing everything for her as when do we ever here that she's spent the day hoovering or doing 10 loads of washing ??

Reactions: 3
in the Asia post talking about her husband tucking her into the bunk bed on the train 🤢 is she a 5 year old!
Oh my god 😂😂

Does she actually have a cleaner? I read somewhere on her blog or stories something like your house should be so if you have visitors over in 10, you can clean it in time.
I'm really curious to know as I've never seen any cleaning products in her home, even when she has storied her cupboards while she was nesting as they were a bloody mess.. I'm really intrigued if she actually does anything in that house other than treat it like an air b&b

Last edited:
Oh my god 😂😂

Does she actually have a cleaner? I read somewhere on her blog or stories something like your house should be so if you have visitors over in 10, you can clean it in time.
I'm really curious to know as I've never seen any cleaning products in her home, even when she has storied her cupboards while she was nesting as they were a bloody mess.. I'm really intrigued if she actually does anything in that house other than treat it like an air b&b
she does have a cleaner!

What is she on about?! She doesn’t think she’ll have the energy to decorate much for Christmas?! Do me a favour! No sledge? No ice skates hanging up?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I have really bad anxiety. I haven't left my small town in years. I haven't been on a bus for around thirty years. I basically don't go anywhere. I'm frightened every time I leave the house, find tradespeople very difficult to cope with and even waiting for parcels (I've paid for!) is extremely stressful. I take medication and still spend 99% of my life at home. Anxiety is horrendous and it can happen to anyone. But, the anxiety levels she talks about are usually completely debilitating, which is the opposite of how she lives. I can't imagine being able to do something repeatedly that terrifies me. I think she thinks she's more afraid than she actually is. Real terror and anxiety means you CANNOT do something. You have major panic attacks, you can't breathe, you shake, you cry and either are frozen to the spot or you literally run for your life. That level of fear is incredibly hard to overcome, because it happens to you, it is beyond your control. Rebecca speaks of being terrified, but doing it anyway. That is most definitely not my experience.

I think, she thinks she's really scared, possibly because of her racial stereotypes, but she knowingly creates her fear as opposed to it appearing from nowhere and knocking her off her feet and suffocating her. I literally CANNOT go in a lift, for example, because I cannot breathe, am sweating profusely and shaking, just by typing this. Rebecca would think she was terrified, but still go in a lift several times a day, for hours at a time.

As with virtually everything she does, I really resent her jumping on every bandwagon going. I resent her having this incredible life, with a beautiful home, a loving and supportive family, being fit and well, having a gorgeous baby, seeing the world etc etc and still moaning. I'm not saying her life is perfect, but I would really like her to stop pushing her mental health agenda, as it feels contrived. I think she wants everyone to believe she has PND. Part of me thinks she actually wishes she really did have it. I wonder if this is a ruse to stop Ben pushing to have more children. She's having to share the attention and it's clear she doesn't like it. There's only one baby girl and that isn't Freya. I'm sorry if I sound mean, but she really has no idea.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I have really bad anxiety. I haven't left my small town in years. I haven't been on a bus for around thirty years. I basically don't go anywhere. I'm frightened every time I leave the house, find tradespeople very difficult to cope with and even waiting for parcels (I've paid for!) is extremely stressful. I take medication and still spend 99% of my life at home. Anxiety is horrendous and it can happen to anyone. But, the anxiety levels she talks about are usually completely debilitating, which is the opposite of how she lives. I can't imagine being able to do something repeatedly that terrifies me. I think she thinks she's more afraid than she actually is. Real terror and anxiety means you CANNOT do something. You have major panic attacks, you can't breathe, you shake, you cry and either are frozen to the spot or you literally run for your life. That level of fear is incredibly hard to overcome, because it happens to you, it is beyond your control. Rebecca speaks of being terrified, but doing it anyway. That is most definitely not my experience.

I think, she thinks she's really scared, possibly because of her racial stereotypes, but she knowingly creates her fear as opposed to it appearing from nowhere and knocking her off her feet and suffocating her. I literally CANNOT go in a lift, for example, because I cannot breathe, am sweating profusely and shaking, just by typing this. Rebecca would think she was terrified, but still go in a lift several times a day, for hours at a time.

As with virtually everything she does, I really resent her jumping on every bandwagon going. I resent her having this incredible life, with a beautiful home, a loving and supportive family, being fit and well, having a gorgeous baby, seeing the world etc etc and still moaning. I'm not saying her life is perfect, but I would really like her to stop pushing her mental health agenda, as it feels contrived. I think she wants everyone to believe she has PND. Part of me thinks she actually wishes she really did have it. I wonder if this is a ruse to stop Ben pushing to have more children. She's having to share the attention and it's clear she doesn't like it. There's only one baby girl and that isn't Freya. I'm sorry if I sound mean, but she really has no idea.
I am sorry you have such a difficult time.

It depends. I have had anxiety and panic attacks since I was a teen, most likely scenarios in crowded spaces, amongst other things. I have been to therapy for it and part of what they teach you, well for me, was exposure therapy. You need to put yourself in those situations, and when you feel the panic attacks happening, ride through it and try and stay. It is so hard but it is important to expose yourself to show your brain that nothing is going to happen or go wrong, etc. But as you said, your body goes into fight or flight mode. I was at the mall last week and could feel myself getting into panic attack mode, the lights seemed much brighter and the noise seemed louder, etc. I made myself stay though as I didn't want to give in to it. It took me a long time to get to that point. Obviously everybody is different and I am not saying this is what you should do. Just that exposure therapy is often recommended for anxiety and panic attacks.

Yours sounds way worse than mine though. I hope you don't mind me asking but have you been to therapy? There is a book I read called Finding Audrey and it really reminds me of your situation. She gets through it eventually.

I understand what you mean and I agree

And yes everyone is different, but she says it’s debilitating and it stops her doing things, but then contradicts herself by doing it in another way - for example, all the moaning about the day in London (with her mum) but not long after was traipsing round NYC with Ben. Even with therapy and exposure therapy, she wouldn’t have had such a turnaround so quickly

I am sorry you have such a difficult time.
Yours sounds way worse than mine though. I hope you don't mind me asking but have you been to therapy? There is a book I read called Finding Audrey and it really reminds me of your situation. She gets through it eventually.
Thank you. I'm so sorry life is hard for you too. I have tried so many things. I have to go out for shopping, the GP, etc and doing those things nearly kills me. I try so hard to be brave, but the problem is that it takes every bit of courage I have to open the front door. I am genuinely terrified every second I am outside of home. It is so hard to just get past the front door, that all my energy is used up just surviving a trip to the local supermarket. I go out 2/3 times a week in an attempt to prevent myself becoming completely agoraphobic, but I just can't see how I could ever do bigger things as it is so hard to open the door to the postman.

I've had CPN's (Community Psychiatric Nurses) take me out for a coffee, but it's just so frightening. We used to aim for trying a bus, just for one stop, but both realised (after about 10 years), that that just was too big. I hate being like this. My life is awful. My saviour is the internet. I can go to places on my ipad, I could never go in real life. I've only ever seen my brother and dad's house via FaceTime. I will look for the book you suggested. Thank you again.

Sorry, to interrupt the conversation and put a downer on things. Everyone please feel free to joke again.

Reactions: 13
I'm the same. My Mum drummed into me not to rely or be beholden to a man (my parents have been married 52 years and Mum is a quiet feminist!) and seeing my sister lose her husband at 39 and be left with 3 children has made me determined to be able to support myself and children alone should I have to.

I've also wondered about the allotment. Having had one in the past they do take a huge amount of work....I always wonder who tends it when they go on holiday etc

I'm sorry but the latest posts are so shady. She doesn't say if the 28% discount code linked to her, and doesn't even mention the brand before you swipe up! Surely not allowed

I'm sorry but the latest posts are so shady. She doesn't say if the 28% discount code linked to her, and doesn't even mention the brand before you swipe up! Surely not allowed
Does her insta name get the buyer the discount?

Is it me or has anyone else noticed that some influencers have stopped mentioning where their clothing etc is from on insta stories? Giving it the whole, ‘so many have asked about this top/skirt/jumper’ and then a brief ‘I love it because...’ 🙄 And then ‘swipe up for details’. Sly AF. Trying new tactics possibly?

Sorry if this is on the wrong thread 🤦🏼‍♀️
@DigitalA @Meringue22

A lot of influencers are doing it. How sneaky.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.