RVK Loves #8 More Katie Hopkins than Cath Kidston

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would implore everyone to catch up with the Dispatches which was shown on C4 tonight. An absolutely heartbreaking watch that made for very difficult viewing. Young pregnant girls and women who are homeless. Living with their young families and new babies - all crammed into one room of a hostel or HMO. Trying to care for multiple children in unsafe conditions.

This is why I get so so angry about Grabby and her bleeping meltdowns, dramas and entitlement. FFS she can't even cope with London in the rain. I am so grateful my children sleep safely in their beds but my heart breaks for these poor women and their children.

Sorry it's a bit off topic but she sits there in her massive house with absolutely no sense of just how lucky she is.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I definitely think she posted that this morning knowing full well her mum would she it and be straight round once she was home. She really is like verruca
I would implore everyone to catch up with the Dispatches which was shown on C4 tonight. An absolutely heartbreaking watch that made for very difficult viewing. Young pregnant girls and women who are homeless. Living with their young families and new babies - all crammed into one room of a hostel or HMO. Trying to care for multiple children in unsafe conditions.

This is why I get so so angry about Grabby and her bleeping meltdowns, dramas and entitlement. FFS she can't even cope with London in the rain. I am so grateful my children sleep safely in their beds but my heart breaks for these poor women and their children.

Sorry it's a bit off topic but she sits there in her massive house with absolutely no sense of just how lucky she is.
Very well said.

Reactions: 5
There’s some significant issues at play here....one minute it’s the child-like regression of documenting all her ailments - fainting...pelvic pain...feeling frustrated/lethargic/exhausted for attention and sympathy from her Insta-audience (all whilst either giving no concern to how her Mum must have felt reading this and being helpless thousands of miles away in the Indian Ocean...or worst still was done precisely for that reason...)

Then within the same day its delusions of grandeur as she hangs out in her rolltop with her gifted beauty products and releases her Christmas Gift List (which SO many people were asking about of course...) laden with high end products...

Her addictive personality is pretty evident by her complete inability to step away from social media for any length of time - it’s as if she can recognise when she’s starting to “burn out” but just can’t bare the thought of not being able to get her endorphin hit of posting a smug-humble-brag photo of her life on the ‘gram...She seems to lack any empathy or awareness of the world that continues to spin on around her instead focusing on her multitude of very first world problems...(usually involving the British weather system)

A Psychologist would have an absolute field day with her!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Such a wierd post about the healthy eating, gloating about fitting into her clothes from age 16/17 and then saying she’d be size 4 if she didn’t have a sweet tooth. No potatoes, no refined carbs, no this no that ! So many restrictions but absolutely not on a diet🤔 didn’t sound like a recovered person Tbh.
She needs help.

Reactions: 5
Such a wierd post about the healthy eating, gloating about fitting into her clothes from age 16/17 and then saying she’d be size 4 if she didn’t have a sweet tooth. No potatoes, no refined carbs, no this no that ! So many restrictions but absolutely not on a diet🤔 didn’t sound like a recovered person Tbh.
She needs help.
The weight gain in pregnancy must have been hard for her mentally. It would be hard for me, and I have never had an ED.

Reactions: 2
She needs help.
I thought the same thing. It was just weird.

And the part where she put 'I believe that every woman has certain food rules that they follow, right?'... erm no, no they don't. I'm far too busy enjoying my life to have rules for food 🤔🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8

And the part where she put 'I believe that every woman has certain food rules that they follow, right?'... erm no, no they don't. I'm far too busy enjoying my life to have rules for food 🤔🤷‍♀️
What a weird way of thinking. Makes you worry about Freya and the "rules" she will be brought up with in regards to eating and food.

Reactions: 3
What a weird way of thinking. Makes you worry about Freya and the "rules" she will be brought up with in regards to eating and food.
100%.
That whole post was very obviously written by someone with an ED.

And yet it still seemed to come across like a pompous brag the whole way through. Like she honestly thought her way is healthier and far superior to everyone else's and we should all learn from her.

Anyone who can write that much detailed drivel about food, her clothes size, glycemic index of foods, food rules, control, clearly has a problem still.

Reactions: 8
If this doesn't scream someone still with ED tendencies, then I don't know what does...

So, this is my personal food philosophy: Since having my eating disorders my taste for a lot of foods has changed. Eating fried foods or anything potato based/chips/mash/roasties makes me feel sick, I simply can't do it. Likewise for very buttery things, excessively oily things, pastry, creamy things {apart from ice cream}. full fat milk, white bread, fizzy drinks, caffeine and alcohol.

I knew a girl who had an ED. She ended up in the hospital and almost died, she could only be in a wheelchair, walking was too dangerous for her heart. Anyway, part of her recovery process was having to deal with foods she struggled with, for RVK, that would be potato-based, chips, roasties, etc. It sounds like she didn't have proper treatment. It sounds like she still has disordered eating. The part above also explains why they NEVER eat out when they are on holiday. She can't control the menus, how oily things are, etc.

This is partly down to the running but a big part of it is diet I think. And let me stress that I do not diet. I believe that every woman has certain food rules that they follow, right? But I actually eat a hell of a lot, I think from being so active that I'm always hungry

^^ The fact that numerous times throughout the post she emphasises how much eats, makes it seem like she still has a problem. Like she is trying to convince herself that she is okay.

• Heart
Reactions: 4

I’m reading a book about intuitive eating and the author breaks down how messed up our approach to food is (for most people) and Grabby’s article is just full of comments that are basically disordered eating! Having rules, calling food bad/naughty like food has moral value. No wonder she had an ED.

Reactions: 3
I’m reading a book about intuitive eating and the author breaks down how messed up our approach to food is (for most people) and Grabby’s article is just full of comments that are basically disordered eating! Having rules, calling food bad/naughty like food has moral value. No wonder she had an ED.
I HATE people call food "bad/ naughty", "cheat day" "cheat meal" etc.

Reactions: 4
The more I read it, the more I realise what a completely messed up post it is. She 100% should NOT be giving people advice on eating.

Shes talking about being a size 6 but liking puddings after her meal and says 'Terrible habit I know and if I cut out sugar I'd probably be a size 4' 😖

It's completely disordered eating. Not everything is totally centred around perfection, rules and control. Absolutely no one asked what size clothes you wear or how much you eat.

Reactions: 2
The only rules i have in regards to eating are:
1. Eat when you are hungry
2. Stop when you are full
3. If it looks delicious, eat it anyway.

I’m a size 8,10,12,14 sometimes even a 16 🤷🏼‍♀️ Depending on where i am shopping, what i am buying and what it looks like on. Who cares? Nobody has ever asked me what number is printed on the label.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.