RVK Loves #8 More Katie Hopkins than Cath Kidston

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Obviously very busy putting her baby in dangerous situations for a photo worthy of the gram. Seriously who on earth leaves a baby on the changing table like that??
i always think this. I just wonder how these instagrammers react when their kids aren’t playing ball for their instagram worthy photos and if they ever lose their rag. Cos i literally can’t even get my baby or little girl to sit still for anything 😂 if i tried to push my 3 year old into photoshoots everyday she’d just get fed up.

Reactions: 3
Oh my goodness, I'm only just catching up and watched those shutter videos (snore)

It completely cracked my up that the first half of the Christmas one is just her trying to get the garland to stop falling of the mantle 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Oh my goodness, I'm only just catching up and watched those shutter videos (snore)

It completely cracked my up that the first half of the Christmas one is just her trying to get the garland to stop falling of the mantle 😅
How awkward was that to watch 🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I purely came on here to read / enjoy the threads on MOD, and came across this. Which I’m pleased about as I like a balanced view. We have a small co. and have had the pleasure (and displeasure - hi Clemmie) of ‘partnering’ with a lot of the IG hunnies. Out of all of them RVK Loves was one of the nicest and most charming. So sorry to piss on your bonfire...she’s one of the nice ones.
Is she nicer than you and your 'hi Clemmie'?

You don't 'partner' these people. You give them something for free advertising and they get another freebie that's rarely seen again. I hope you read the posts about how constant freebies actually put many of us off the brand.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Those videos! She is so stilted and wooden. Tbf lots of people don't have the skill to be natural in front of a camera however why on earth are brands choosing someone who is clearly so uncomfortable? It's bizarre. It's like they get blinded by numbers of followers and don't consider whether someone is engaging, warm, natural etc.

Reactions: 2
I purely came on here to read / enjoy the threads on MOD, and came across this. Which I’m pleased about as I like a balanced view. We have a small co. and have had the pleasure (and displeasure - hi Clemmie) of ‘partnering’ with a lot of the IG hunnies. Out of all of them RVK Loves was one of the nicest
and most charming. So sorry to piss on your bonfire...she’s one of the nice ones.
Would love to know what your small company is?

Would love to know what your small company is?
We could guess if RVK wasn't given 500 things a day.

My wild guess is Little White Photography. She posted a photo with a baby in a Belfast sink with a tap running and raved about how amazing RVK was for thinking of it. Only 5 million other people have done that before! She also posts loads of bare bums. It's a pervert's delight. 😞

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
Holy good duck, where do i start with the best ever New York blog post 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️

First things first though, we need to get the bingo card back out again as I spied a camel coat and leopard boots in the blog pics...

• Haha
Reactions: 4
🤨 one of the nicest and most charming, when you're offering her freebies on Instagram. That I can totally believe!

Not so nice when she's simultaneously tweeting awful body shaming, racist, belittling things about people, putting other women down for their post birth bodies or because their husband earns less than hers, snobby comments pulling other people apart for their looks and publicly tearing down companies that she went on the take freebies from, taking money for ad campaigns where she recommended products to pregnant women that she later admitted she wouldn't use herself but might be an 'affordable' alternative for the poorer folk that can't afford the decent stuff from another brand.. 🤷‍♀️

There is a reason we call her grabby.
And I certainly wouldn't call that nice or charming behaviour even if she appears that way on Instagram to pull in the ads and freebies.
I can only say what I see (and report on our comms with her) She was a rare one that thanked us and that was after receiving the item. Honestly,

You don't 'partner' these people. You give them something for free advertising and they get another freebie that's rarely seen again. I hope you read the posts about how constant freebies actually put many of us off the brand.

For every person it puts off, it reaches someone who it doesn’t. Unfortunately start-ups don’t have big bucks to spend on marketing. Unless we inflate prices.

My comment re Clemmie is much kinder than the experience myself and other small businesses have of her. She uses her status to get free things, understanding the cost to small businesses and the agreement, and .... nothing. So am I nicer... I certainly hope so.

I purely came on here to read / enjoy the threads on MOD, and came across this. Which I’m pleased about as I like a balanced view. We have a small co. and have had the pleasure (and displeasure - hi Clemmie) of ‘partnering’ with a lot of the IG hunnies. Out of all of them RVK Loves was one of the nicest and most charming. So sorry to piss on your bonfire...she’s one of the nice ones.
I had the opposite experience with her / her assistant who got arsey with me for not providing a voucher code to use for a freebie quickly enough. Have definitely experienced worse though!

I can only say what I see (and report on our comms with her) She was a rare one that thanked us and that was after receiving the item. Honestly,

For every person it puts off, it reaches someone who it doesn’t. Unfortunately start-ups don’t have big bucks to spend on marketing. Unless we inflate prices.

My comment re Clemmie is much kinder than the experience myself and other small businesses have of her. She uses her status to get free things, understanding the cost to small businesses and the agreement, and .... nothing. So am I nicer... I certainly hope so.
Hello, since we have a small business that has “worked” with her, would you be kind to answer a few questions that I have always wondered about please?

I realise giving freebies is part of the company/influencer advertising game but

Do you actually see decent sales with each one to merit it?

Would you keep going back to the same people if the sales part wasn’t paying off for your company?

How do you decide which IG account to choose... high figures or look of the account?

How would you feel if you learned that your gifted item was being sold on the IG page/ Ebay / Depop as some of them do

Do you use Social Blade as part of this process?

Many thanks in advance

• Heart
I had the opposite experience with her / her assistant who got arsey with me for not providing a voucher code to use for a freebie quickly enough. Have definitely experienced worse though!
That’s really interesting. Having a forum w
Hello, since we have a small business that has “worked” with her, would you be kind to answer a few questions that I have always wondered about please?

I realise giving freebies is part of the company/influencer advertising game but

Do you actually see decent sales with each one to merit it?

Would you keep going back to the same people if the sales part wasn’t paying off for your company?

How do you decide which IG account to choose... high figures or look of the account?

How would you feel if you learned that your gifted item was being sold on the IG page/ Ebay / Depop as some of them do

Do you use Social Blade as part of this process?

Many thanks in advance
Hi,

Do you actually see decent sales with each one to merit it? Some more than others. We look at our company and see who aligns with that (disclaimer: we had no idea about some of the allegations around different influencers on other channels and we were not aware of this site until a few days ago)

We would only send out a product once as don’t think followers need/want a barrage from the same brand. Do we send out to people who we know won’t generate sales? yes- we have sent our product out to people who’s vibes we like and who we felt would benefit from our product at the time (and it was explicit we did not want anything in return) - it’s the joy of having your own business- we need sales but we also have the freedom to do the nice stuff

How do you decide which IG account to choose... high figures or look of the account? brand alignment, the looks/design of the account and engagement figures. And we’ve made mistakes in the early stages by not sticking to this.

How would you feel if you learned that your gifted item was being sold on the IG page/ Ebay / Depop as some of them do Disappointed as every small business I’m sure takes things far too personally. We send our products to people we think will use and love them. However, as long as they had carried out their end of the bargain and featured the product then we can’t really complain.

Do you use Social Blade as part of this process? (Frantically Googling what this is...) No. but we might now :)

Reactions: 6
That’s really interesting. Having a forum w

Hi,

Do you actually see decent sales with each one to merit it? Some more than others. We look at our company and see who aligns with that (disclaimer: we had no idea about some of the allegations around different influencers on other channels and we were not aware of this site until a few days ago)

We would only send out a product once as don’t think followers need/want a barrage from the same brand. Do we send out to people who we know won’t generate sales? yes- we have sent our product out to people who’s vibes we like and who we felt would benefit from our product at the time (and it was explicit we did not want anything in return) - it’s the joy of having your own business- we need sales but we also have the freedom to do the nice stuff

How do you decide which IG account to choose... high figures or look of the account? brand alignment, the looks/design of the account and engagement figures. And we’ve made mistakes in the early stages by not sticking to this.

How would you feel if you learned that your gifted item was being sold on the IG page/ Ebay / Depop as some of them do Disappointed as every small business I’m sure takes things far too personally. We send our products to people we think will use and love them. However, as long as they had carried out their end of the bargain and featured the product then we can’t really complain.

Do you use Social Blade as part of this process? (Frantically Googling what this is...) No. but we might now :)
intrigued as to what your business is now!

I just looked at the blog posts - Ben blatantly played it wrong with the scary mask. She sounds like a USA Halloween expert - you’d think she’d have told him!

The trouble with Grabby’s advertising is that it is really contradictory eg: her relationship with balance:me but then she goes on and on about how much she loves Cowshed. The bugaboo pram and then going with the yoyo for travel - why not go back to bugaboo. The work with Joules and then buying a cheap coat from New Look. I don’t think she builds relationships with brands - it’s just grab a freebie and move on.

• Wow
Reactions: 8
That’s really interesting. We work in such silo it’s always good to hear other’s experience. Worse? I can only imagine! All the best with your business.

Why the chuff does Grandad insist on holding the baby like she’s a flipping cricket ball he’s about to lob across a field. It’s weird.

• Haha
Her latest post makes her sound like she’s had a tiny snippet of that thing she hasn’t really experienced before...REALITY!

• Haha
That's why many people will register their business to an address that isn't their house. I THINK you can sometimes pay for it to be private. It is scary how much info is publicly online...and RVK shares her little girl so much on SM. There are so many creeps lurking on SM, you never know what could happen.
Most people use their accounts office as the registered address. Dumb to not do that.

If it wasn’t for the fact that they got together when she was so so young - I would actually say Ben seems much nicer than her. But you can’t ignore the dodgy past.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.