RVK Loves #24 Now in tier 4, rules don’t apply – decamping to muma’s with ‘That Guy’

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I honestly think that just sums for up as a person and as a parent.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with popping a baby wherever they fit if that's all you can manage. They don't need thousands of toys and a pinterest nursery. Sometimes people just have to make do with what they can manage. But in her case it's because she's too selfish and prioritises herself and showing off over anything else.

Freya can only have toys and clothes that fit in with her scandi insta aesthetic, not the toys or clothes she actually wants or that offer her the most stimulation.

Freya's nursery was all about Grabby. For starters it was a bloody ad for valspa. Secondly it was full of all things impractical that kids don't want; hard and cold floorboards, an awful prison cot, a dangerous canopy and rainbows devoid off actual colour.

She refused to make adjustments on where they go on holiday or even pay for Freya to have a room or luggage allowance, so she ended up checking a million bits of free hang luggage in and making Freya sleep in the bathroom.

Now new baby gets dumped in the cold and drafty hallways in a space that hardly fits a desk because she doesn't want to sacrifice the guest room even though they never have guests.

I used to feel a little but envious of her life (on the surface , before I looked any deeper). Now she actually makes me feel pretty damn good about myself.
I feel/felt the same. I couldn’t understand how someone so young had a house, was married, was having multiple holidays a year. It made me feel quite tit at times but now I feel sorry for her. I think she’s one fucked up young woman.

And my god stop with the moaning about being tired already Grabby and eat a slab of bleeping Cadbury’s 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
I always wondered this; Rock My seemed to kiss Grabby’s arse massively. Felt like they eyeing up to ‘poach’ her. Lord knows why.
I also remember (at the time) that Rebecca got her job with Phoebe, that she was pretty much ‘gifted’ it. I followed them both back then, and it was quite clear to see the interactions between them both. And they seemed quite pally, so I wasn’t at all surprised that she got that job.
Charlotte (founder of the Rock My) brand is, incidentally, a real piece of work. If she was sucking up to Rebecca, it was no doubt to serve herself in some way. Surprised there isn’t a thread about the Rock My brand (maybe there is and I just haven’t seen it!).

Reactions: 13
Those hall tiles are awful. The second Influencer recently who thought covering up original floorboards with tiles that already looked slightly dated and don’t match the period of the home was a FAB IDEA.

I despair. ☹

Reactions: 11
Charlotte (founder of the Rock My) brand is, incidentally, a real piece of work. If she was sucking up to Rebecca, it was no doubt to serve herself in some way. Surprised there isn’t a thread about the Rock My brand (maybe there is and I just haven’t seen it!).
Rock My Style made a commitment earlier this year to stop doing affiliate links. It was met with real enthusiasm by many but then within a few short months, the website and social channels all went quiet. From what I understand, many of the staff and writers have young children and other work commitments to balance but it just seemed odd to me that nothing was said and it does feel like they realised the lack of affiliate links = drop in revenue.

Reactions: 3
interested in this one 🤓

Reactions: 12
I’ve seen her out and about in the past. She’s filters her pics to duck and her hair was something else

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Those tiles are exactly what I expected! They aren't atrocious, they aren't nice, they're just blah. Like the rest of the house!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Rock My Style made a commitment earlier this year to stop doing affiliate links. It was met with real enthusiasm by many but then within a few short months, the website and social channels all went quiet. From what I understand, many of the staff and writers have young children and other work commitments to balance but it just seemed odd to me that nothing was said and it does feel like they realised the lack of affiliate links = drop in revenue.
That never made sense, did it? Wonder how they are making a living now. I first heard about Grabby on the rock my website; before then I don’t think she had much of a following.

Reactions: 5
He had to sand 800 edges. 😂

On another note you know when you move into a house and tear up tit to find original features...... The next buyers will no doubt do this to this monstrosity.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I bet she is so thrilled at having these new tiles down, it will give her something new to photograph (for the likes), she can overuse the hashtag #ihavethisthingwithtiles and take photos of her giant flippers on them in all seasons 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
OMG!!! A whole hall floor of Burt and May tiles!!!! They were 100% gifted or heavily discounted. They are £5.50 a tile!!!! im guessing about 18m2
She said 200 tiles needed sanding so that would equate to £1,100 for the tiles if they’re £5.50 per tile. And why if he’s such a seasoned property developer are they needing to make an emergency dash to Wickes for supplies??!!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
She said 200 tiles needed sanding so that would equate to £1,100 for the tiles if they’re £5.50 per tile. And why if he’s such a seasoned property developer are they needing to make an emergency dash to Wickes for supplies??!!
Usually when building is listed they would need consent to cover the floorboards with tiles. Covering with carpet is one thing, but tiles will surely damage the floor. I remember having consent when they had fireplace 2 in the sorting room she didn’t like.

Reactions: 3
Grabby, if you can’t find joy and gratitude with your family at home and being thankful and spending time with them, then you aren’t going to find it in a new hall floor (or any of the other crap you seem to always want)

She’s the classic ‘I will be happy when...’. But never is actually happy.
There’s the expression ‘if you can’t find joy in a decent cup of coffee then you won’t find it on a yacht’ (or words to that effect).

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Usually when building is listed they would need consent to cover the floorboards with tiles. Covering with carpet is one thing, but tiles will surely damage the floor. I remember having consent when they had fireplace 2 in the sorting room she didn’t like.
I would love someone local to report this. The fun of having to take up all those tiles. I would pay to see that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.