RVK Loves #11 Save your airmiles Rebecca, there’s a B&Q in Watford

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s blocked my main account and even gone as far as blocking my business account! I never even used that to view her. She clearly followed the link in my main page bio. What a twunt. Luckily I have access to another account so I can still watch her living her ‘fairytale‘ life

Wasn’t there a lady on Insta who used to work for them as a sales assistant? I can’t remember the name of her account, she was always poking fun at influencers. Based in Norfolk, if I remember rightly. 🤔
My style story. She posted about this debacle in stories last night. Chekc it out.

Reactions: 3
Don’t shoot me down - but, if I was an “influencer” and offered a trip like this I would likely take it, so I see the issue here more with Joules and their lazy approach to the management of this trip.
They clearly haven’t really considered who would be the best fit for their brand and gone for copycat instagrammers rather than doing their research and looking into it a bit more. Someone earlier mentioned that overatkates would have been a good fit, which I totally agree with and I’m sure there are others out there that would have been more suitable.
I did work for a well known family retailer, and while we did run trips like this, we were keen not to alienate our real customers. It would have been better to have offered the trip to those that they would generate content from, and also “regular” mums who don’t have the insta-mum 🙄 status. It would have looked so much better for the rand.
Also. The amount that trip cost - I’m sorry but I would have expected a HELL of a lot more content-wise from the people that went on the trip, rather than just a couple of stories and one post. Definitely not a return on the investment and they really need to re-evaluate their marketing IMO!

Reactions: 16
Don’t shoot me down - but, if I was an “influencer” and offered a trip like this I would likely take it, so I see the issue here more with Joules and their lazy approach to the management of this trip.
They clearly haven’t really considered who would be the best fit for their brand and gone for copycat instagrammers rather than doing their research and looking into it a bit more. Someone earlier mentioned that overatkates would have been a good fit, which I totally agree with and I’m sure there are others out there that would have been more suitable.
I did work for a well known family retailer, and while we did run trips like this, we were keen not to alienate our real customers. It would have been better to have offered the trip to those that they would generate content from, and also “regular” mums who don’t have the insta-mum 🙄 status. It would have looked so much better for the rand.
Also. The amount that trip cost - I’m sorry but I would have expected a HELL of a lot more content-wise from the people that went on the trip, rather than just a couple of stories and one post. Definitely not a return on the investment and they really need to re-evaluate their marketing IMO!
With much shame on my part, I agree that I would have said ‘yes please and thank you very much’ to the chance of an outing to Daylesford and being showered with freebies. But I’ll never get the chance 😂 And, as you say, how much nicer it would have been to feature ‘bog standard’ mums, or perhaps mums who had been nominated by others as deserving of a treat. What fantastic PR that would have been.

My style story. She posted about this debacle in stories last night. Chekc it out.
That’s the one! I’m heading over there right now.

My style story is a paranoid nasty weirdo who goes from having her account public, then private, public then private...she cannot take an ounce of criticism. She also talks about her customers at the pharmacy she works in.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
My style story is a paranoid nasty weirdo who goes from having her account public, then private, public then private...she cannot take an ounce of criticism. She also talks about her customers at the pharmacy she works in.
😮 *reverses decision to head over to her Insta page and returns to safe haven of Tattle

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Joules have posted again but turned the comments off - how shady is that!! Definitely expected better!

• Angry
  • Wow
RVK Loves #12 - Mental health changes on a whim, all criticism deleted, but as long as there’s blossom and freebies, Grabby will not be defeated.

• Haha
  • Heart
She’s blocked my main account and even gone as far as blocking my business account! I never even used that to view her. She clearly followed the link in my main page bio. What a twunt. Luckily I have access to another account so I can still watch her living her ‘fairytale‘ life

Wasn’t there a lady on Insta who used to work for them as a sales assistant? I can’t remember the name of her account, she was always poking fun at influencers. Based in Norfolk, if I remember rightly. 🤔
i think it was deleted when all the ‘micro-influencer’ threads went. shame, they were the most interesting!
they deleted one I’d been waiting for 😫

Reactions: 1
RVK Loves #4 - Oh dreamy freebies! What ASA rules????? Gimme gimme gimme, especially from Joules

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Have sent an email to Joules today as I'm disgusted with them deleting my comment rather than having a discussion.

On a happier note Grabecca has blocked me 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Just seen mumma Kedgley is being gifted freebies now too! A £65 Bobbi brown purse filled with makeup! Since when was she an influencer?! It’s getting ridiculous now! 😡

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
Have sent an email to Joules today as I'm disgusted with them deleting my comment rather than having a discussion.

On a happier note Grabecca has blocked me 😂
Good for you, I will be doing the same later this evening. I am appalled at the way they have behaved on IG and I can’t believe that they have now posted with comments switched off!

If anyone else wishes to do the same, here are the details:

I think the difference is, is that we’re coming at it from a ‘non-influencer’ perspective. We aren’t gifted free stuff every single week (worth thousands!), nor are we sent on ‘gifted’ stays or ‘press trips’ every 5 minutes. My point being, that if that invitation landed on our doorstep we’d (quite rightly) find it difficult to turn down, but these ‘influencers’ are offered/given things ALL THE TIME and so if I was in their position I would actually feel quite embarrassed to just keep on grabbing!

I remember a couple of years ago Cara Suthers saying how she has so much stuff sent to her every single day (diddums) and so one follower suggested that she could gift some of it to a women’s shelter. Cara was all “Errrmm yeah, that’s something to consider”. Obviously never heard any more about that!

Attachments

Last edited:
Here you go!

585BC190-4C2C-4655-8932-B5EAD6394A3C.jpeg

To be fair, she doesn’t actually say it was gifted, so she could well have bought it. I’m probably putting her in the same basket as her tight fisted daughter! 😂 Grabby gets gifted all the new Elizabeth Scarlett pouches when they’re released though so I’d be amazed if mumma Kedgley paid for this. Perhaps Grabby gave mumma her gifted one?

• Sad
Reactions: 1
Good for you, I will be doing the same later this evening. I am appalled at the way they have behaved on IG and I can’t believe that they have now posted with comments switched off!

I think the difference is, is that we’re coming at it from a ‘non-influencer’ perspective. We aren’t gifted free stuff every single week (worth thousands!), nor are we sent on ‘gifted’ stays or ‘press trips’ every 5 minutes. My point being, that if that invitation landed on our doorstep we’d (quite rightly) find it difficult to turn down, but these ‘influencers’ are offered/given things ALL THE TIME and so if I was in their position I would actually feel quite embarrassed to just keep on grabbing!

I remember a couple of years ago Cara Suthers saying how she has so much stuff sent to her every single day (diddums) and so one follower suggested that she could gift some of it to a women’s shelter. Cara was all “Errrmm yeah, that’s something to consider”. Obviously never heard any more about that!

Cara is horrid. Such an unpleasant, greedy woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.