Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I didn’t rate it when I tried it, Batiste is better! Is she not part of it anymore then?
It doesn’t do me any favours either. Batiste, I really rate (despite the white residue but can get away with it as an assisted blonde) but colab did literally nothing for my hair. No oil absorption or anything, it was weird tbh. The fragrances were nice though. I generally get on well with her recommendations, we seem to have similar requirements but that was a waste of money. Thankfully, like the poster above, I got it on offer (not 14p!).

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just tried it and lots of white residue and when brushed not a lot of difference. I mean it’s good for 14p 😂 but will stick to batiste in future.

Ruth hasn’t mentioned it recently I don’t think but just had a look on the colab website and she’s still referenced on there

Reactions: 3
Bit OT, but the best dry shampoo I tried was one called Show that I got in a GWP from Space NK? Or similar. Anyway, it was amazing. When I priced it up to repurchase it was £25!! So I went back to Batiste😂

SHOW BEAUTY PREMIERE DRY SHAMPOO (265ML) Amazon product

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Bit OT, but the best dry shampoo I tried was one called Show that I got in a GWP from Space NK? Or similar. Anyway, it was amazing. When I priced it up to repurchase it was £25!! So I went back to Batiste😂

Hirons et al were all over that a few years ago.

Reactions: 4
Just tried it and lots of white residue and when brushed not a lot of difference. I mean it’s good for 14p 😂 but will stick to batiste in future.

Ruth hasn’t mentioned it recently I don’t think but just had a look on the colab website and she’s still referenced on there
She sold her stake in it a couple of years ago I think.

• Wow
Reactions: 2

I had this before as well, it was excellent and smelled lovely.

• Heart
Ruth needs a fashion intervention.
Yeah, that outfit wasn’t great. The cut of the jeans and shirt seemed to fit and flatter her well. Unfortunately that was rapidly undone by the terrible drab colours that washed her out, the bad fading (though probably some deliberate designer ‘wash’) on the jeans that just pointed to her crotch and the heinous boots. Not even her fashion photographer husband could save that one.

• Haha
Any screenshots for those not on IG? There's some on the Hirons thread but Ruth's outfit is difficult to see

To be fair, I’m hardly a fashion maven today (or ever). I’m in black running leggings and a men’s Breton.

Maybe she’s like me and I don’t know if anyone else feels the same on here but I’m really struggling to find any clothing out there (online) that I actually like. I have a fairly plain, classic and I can’t find anything I want to buy to update my wardrobe. If I do find something, on the rare occasion, it’s either something like a plain T or it costs something crazy like £150 for a top and can only be dry cleaned or hand washed in angel tears on a full moon. I have a decent budget but that doesn’t mean I’m looking to be ripped off. There seems to be nothing out there for 40 something women who don’t want to dress like the queen mum or like a Camp Bestival refugee. So I live in exercise clothes and stuff I’ve worn for years. I probably look dated too. I don’t post outfits on IG though (or anywhere).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Thank you! I quite like the jeans but not the drab camo shirt. Please stop taking fashion guidance from Hirons!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.