Ruth Crilly - A Model Recommends

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I heard Ruth talk about her book on a podcast ages ago. I think it was Sci-Fi and she couldn't sell it.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Sci-fi? Wow I never would have expected that!

No wonder I was confused! This will probably not be published, by the looks of it, but would be interesting to see if she ever does. (And as a testament to her great storytelling, I remember once reading an insta caption and choking on some water. I don't remember what story it was (maybe the chicken one?), but remember that I showed it to my parents, and they both actually laughed out loud.)

(Also sorry for being overly rave-y about Ruth, lol, but she is one of the few influencers I can actually stomach. Although she sometimes manages to provoke an eye roll, I do actually really, really like her.)
I do agree with you. I find her annoying at times and really wish she didn't merge the motherhood stuff into the normal blog but as far as influencers go she is the most harmless and least annoying/ self absorbed

Reactions: 7
I honestly think Ruth is one of the most effortlessly funny people on YT, and she has a gift for writing. If she were to write a book, I’d buy it in a heartbeat.
Isnt it funny how we are all different as I find Ruth completely unfunny and a complete try hard !!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Isnt it funny how we are all different as I find Ruth completely unfunny and a complete try hard !!
There was a time she really annoyed me with her rambling, I stopped watching. It's only very recently that I've started to have a look again. Did you not find the peloton bike thing funny?

Reactions: 2
I found it a bit cringe TBH. I much prefer her old beauty content, felt like her posts were well written, informative but not rambly. Have no interest in the 'personality' stuff such as the Peleton. Followed her blog for beauty stuff!

• Heart
There was a time she really annoyed me with her rambling, I stopped watching. It's only very recently that I've started to have a look again. Did you not find the peloton bike thing funny?
God No! It was so obvious. Maybe I am missing something but she is so contrived and tries too hard in every single post, story and IGTV to be humorous and it just falls flat with me, but as I say it shows we are different!! If we were all the same it would be boring

Reactions: 11
God No! It was so obvious. Maybe I am missing something but she is so contrived and tries too hard in every single post, story and IGTV to be humorous and it just falls flat with me, but as I say it shows we are different!! If we were all the same it would be boring
I’m with you @Wobblehead but I understand that others like her. The final straw for me was her hissy fit over the ASA rules and what she was prepared to label things... 🙄 Too big for her boots.

Reactions: 5
She changed to her name a while ago, maybe a year or so? It’s not a new change anyway.
I think lots of Gleam people rebranded around that time, the Chapmans did, so did Zoella and there is probably someone else I can't think of now!

Reactions: 1
And I know this sounds bitchy, I swear it's not meant to be, but she is more of a personality/ influencer than a model now so the name change makes sense from that point of view

Reactions: 4
And I know this sounds bitchy, I swear it's not meant to be, but she is more of a personality/ influencer than a model now so the name change makes sense from that point of view
You do make a good point.

Also, "A Retired Model Recommends" is a bit of a mouthful (hee hee)

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Don't know the last time I watched any of her makeup or skincare stuff, which is a shame because Ruth was good. I'm watching the home account for reno inspo but even that is blether.

Reactions: 1
No wonder I was confused! This will probably not be published, by the looks of it, but would be interesting to see if she ever does. (And as a testament to her great storytelling, I remember once reading an insta caption and choking on some water. I don't remember what story it was (maybe the chicken one?), but remember that I showed it to my parents, and they both actually laughed out loud.)

(Also sorry for being overly rave-y about Ruth, lol, but she is one of the few influencers I can actually stomach. Although she sometimes manages to provoke an eye roll, I do actually really, really like her.)
I agree with you wholeheartedly. She does tend to make me snort with laughter and doesn’t irritate me like other Instagram peeps. Followed her for sometime and I really like her. But I adore Mr Bear😍

Reactions: 4
I'm surprised to hear that Ruth is 5'7 (she mentions it in her February favourites video). Quite short for a model even though I know there are exceptions (Kate Moss).

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Ach her wee flight attendant ad was very good. She puts more effort and imagination into her videos than most.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
In a recent video about house renovations Ruth said ir was getting quite intense in their new home and they might need to move out temporarily. It would be (H)ironic if they had to rent somewhere else because Caroline was in their previous place.

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.