Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Silverback

VIP Member
How much for a tree? Wtf? And you know whats even worse......Ruth will most likely replace it next year because it won't be right. That is crazy, some folks wouldn't even have that sort of money for their entire Christmas budget, of course that's not Ruth's problem but still, maybe read the room. Honestly! Sorry for the rant, I have a comfortable existence but I wouldn't dream of carrying on like this because I understand other people may not, its extremely dickish behaviour in my opinion.
We are a financially comfortable family and we don’t even spend half of that on our entire Xmas.

Ruth needs a reality check.

Reactions: 9

emm

VIP Member
Ruth tries to hard to be relatable. I preferred when she didn't
I think this about most influencers, just own the fact you are priviledged, no point pretending your day to day schedule of posting things on instagram for 10000s of pounds is in any way like most people's lives

Reactions: 8

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
I see she hasn't posted anything on the blog since December- is she still 'clocked out' or whatever phrase she used
Yep, it seems like she’s “clocking out for Christmas” until May. I had a look at her insta and her cottage yesterday and I legit thought this was the before picture of the bathroom. It looks like a granny’s bathroom that hasn’t been done up since the 70s! I now know that the tiles are designed to look like that, but at first they just looked mouldy and smelly to me. Each to their own I guess …
66895C2D-8F3F-4E33-BA6C-81EE0D8C04A5.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha

Cperez2150

I totally forgot Ruth existed on the internet! I used to follow her way long ago, pre kids when she first started her blog, I watched her on YouTube. Then she was modeling and would do a few vlogs. I stopped following her everywhere sometime when she moved into her Georgian home.

Anyway, I cannot believe she still has the worst fashion sense. She has access to all these beautiful clothes and has no clue what she’s doing, always looks undone. I don’t get why some of these woman don’t try working with a stylist to get themselves put together better. The same with Lily Pebbles.

Lilas

What's crazy is she only bought the tree for a video! Ended up with three because of manic online shopping.

• Wow
  • Haha

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
Does anyone know the history of the dorsetnook IG handle? I remember Ruth rebranded The Uphill IG to sell that random app she launched which really annoyed me… has she now rebranded her home account to sell her holiday cottage?! It shouldn’t be allowed. The people who follow these accounts didn’t originally sign up to be sold an app or a holiday cottage. The entire purpose of the accounts were changed without notification.
I think the account was originally called something like “crillyhome”? Not quite sure, but it was her home account. Suddenly I saw this random Dorset Nook thingy in my list of accounts that I follow and thought wtf? I swiftly unfollowed. You’re totally right! I didn’t know about the app being her family blog account, how shady!

eta: I just did a quick search, it was called Casa Crilly.

• Wow
  • Angry

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
If it’s anything like the try-hard waffle she’s been putting on her blog for years it’s going to be unreadable.

• Haha

Kitkatkut

Chatty Member
She still can’t shut up about the bloody tree. She must think she’s so funny for going on about it for weeks. I had to unfollow. Complacent rambling doesn’t add anything positive to my life.

Reactions: 7

Expelliarmus

She had a Boden cashmere cricket jumper a year or so ago that she loved and wore a lot.
It’s more the specific clothes vs any of them in general. I go through phases with Boden and haven’t liked any for a while, but there’s a few nice things this season (albeit overpriced and modeled by tiny teenagers).

Shineyshine

VIP Member
The other thing to remember about Ruth is that she wasn't as honest as she liked to make it. When 'ad' labelling requirements were brought it she was one of the loudest to criticise it, I'm not sure why
Yes, I remember that was when this thread really took off for a while. She had a big rant and the Gleam lot all started using their own made up labels rather than just stating “#AD” clearly. So snakey.

Does anyone know the history of the dorsetnook IG handle? I remember Ruth rebranded The Uphill IG to sell that random app she launched which really annoyed me… has she now rebranded her home account to sell her holiday cottage?! It shouldn’t be allowed. The people who follow these accounts didn’t originally sign up to be sold an app or a holiday cottage. The entire purpose of the accounts were changed without notification.

• Wow

martaS

VIP Member
Oh Ruth. To be tall, and slim like you, but not able to dress oneself nicely. Sigh.
Screenshot_20221019-164735~2.png

• Haha

Libertine

VIP Member
Yes, I remember that was when this thread really took off for a while. She had a big rant and the Gleam lot all started using their own made up labels rather than just stating “#AD” clearly. So snakey.
Ruth had the most massive dummy spit in January 2019.

Tattle has the receipts:

• Heart
  • Wow