Ruth Crilly #2 Ruth Shilly

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Previous thread here!

Thanks to um, me and @NotDumbNotBlonde for the thread title!

This may be one of the slowest moving influencer threads on Tattle, the first one was started in 2019!

Ruth is now shilling TVs in between the million renovations she always seems to have going on and oaf in chief Caroline Hirons has moved into her previous house.

And speaking of Hirons, Hirons has given her best mate Ruth an affiliate code for her Black Friday kits so the very wealthy Ruth can make some more money on the back of Hirons freaks!

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Thanks for new thread. I’ve followed Ruth for years, since the days of her beautiful gold wallpaper background 😁 but all her content now is just the same favourites on repeat or shilling ads. I no longer watch her videos or read her newsletter.

• Heart
Thanks for new thread. I’ve followed Ruth for years, since the days of her beautiful gold wallpaper background 😁 but all her content now is just the same favourites on repeat or shilling ads. I no longer watch her videos or read her newsletter.
so did I, initially when I started following her (until the new rules came in) I had no idea that the recommendations for things she made weren't ads/sponsored. Seems pretty naive of me looking back on it
  • :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
Reactions: 12
so did I, initially when I started following her (until the new rules came in) I had no idea that the recommendations for things she made weren't ads/sponsored. Seems pretty naive of me looking back on it
  • :ROFLMAO:
I still dip into this thread for a read but haven’t commented for ages, as I’m not really too bothered about her house renovation etc.

The reason I joined the thread at the beginning was because I followed her and liked her, but was really disappointed when she had the hissy fit over the change in advertising rules. I saw a different side to Ruth. She was so entitled and I couldn’t believe she thought she was above doing as the ASA were asking (along with the rest of the Gleam crew, and certain others 🙄). I don’t think it’s too much to ask to label an advert as such, but the way she (and the others) began calling things #presstreatments and #presssamples, etc. anything rather than #ad, just appears petty and entitled. It’s still an advert, so use the correct term. Yet they keep doing it, and nobody pulls them up on it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Pretty disgusted at the black Friday code for Hirons if I'm honest. We can see from the freaks page that a lot are getting themselves into financial difficulties needing to buy these damn kits but sure so long as Ruth is cushty. I'm absolutely not saying that Ruth is responsible for the irresponsible financial decisions of others or that she is even aware given how Caroline's mods seem to delete these posts but still, I frown upon it and felt it should be mentioned here.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 10
I posted this on the Hirons thread about Ruth and her posting of that affiliate link:

I've totally lost all respect for Ruth Shilly. She's married to a very successful celebrity photographer, has a lucrative and successful career of her own, is clearly minted. I've nothing against anyone wanting to make more money for doing something useful but she wants to make money by doing naff all except posting an AF link on Instagram for the Hirons kits. At some point do these people not turn around and say to themselves I have more than most people do in their wildest dreams, do I really need to bother with that AF link?!

• Heart
  • Sad
I don't know. Her AF linkage (terminology?) shows me this is her job. End of. She isn't trying to be chatty or social, she's hustling. Perhaps they aren't as minted as they seem, or don't have retirement locked down, or hell, maybe she just wants more expensive tat for the house and Mr AMR has told her she has to pay for it herself. We'll never know. The only thing I feel with certainty is that anyone on social media that "influences" isn't doing it out of the goodness of their hearts to connect with the unwashed masses. They're sales people through and through. I think that's why there were so many temper tantrums when the rules changed for declaring ads, etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Can she just shut up about her bloody artificial Christmas trees. It’s not funny or entertaining to hear a very privileged person moan about delivery times for multiple expensive Christmas trees that she doesn’t even want or need. Gah.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Ruth tries to hard to be relatable. I preferred when she didn't
I think this about most influencers, just own the fact you are priviledged, no point pretending your day to day schedule of posting things on instagram for 10000s of pounds is in any way like most people's lives

Reactions: 8
Ruth seems to be in a pickle over her three Christmas trees, when she should have ordered one in October. Complaining about customer service, but just the other day she said she was bugging them constantly.

Not a fan of her constant ads.

Saw Caroline's IG story where she's in size 9 Manolo Blahniks. Her trousers were dragging the floor. Everything was ill fitting. The Vampire's Wife blouse doesn't seem to fit right either, or she's just slouchy.

Reactions: 4
Thought her recent ‘life update’ blogpost was quite thoughtful. I liked it when she blogged more, but pre-kids, particularly the beauty stuff.

Reactions: 1
Can she just shut up about her bloody artificial Christmas trees. It’s not funny or entertaining to hear a very privileged person moan about delivery times for multiple expensive Christmas trees that she doesn’t even want or need. Gah.
£2,229 for a Christmas tree. How out of touch is she? Silly moo.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
She still can’t shut up about the bloody tree. She must think she’s so funny for going on about it for weeks. I had to unfollow. Complacent rambling doesn’t add anything positive to my life.

Reactions: 7
How much for a tree? Wtf? And you know whats even worse......Ruth will most likely replace it next year because it won't be right. That is crazy, some folks wouldn't even have that sort of money for their entire Christmas budget, of course that's not Ruth's problem but still, maybe read the room. Honestly! Sorry for the rant, I have a comfortable existence but I wouldn't dream of carrying on like this because I understand other people may not, its extremely dickish behaviour in my opinion.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
How much for a tree? Wtf? And you know whats even worse......Ruth will most likely replace it next year because it won't be right. That is crazy, some folks wouldn't even have that sort of money for their entire Christmas budget, of course that's not Ruth's problem but still, maybe read the room. Honestly! Sorry for the rant, I have a comfortable existence but I wouldn't dream of carrying on like this because I understand other people may not, its extremely dickish behaviour in my opinion.
We are a financially comfortable family and we don’t even spend half of that on our entire Xmas.

Ruth needs a reality check.

Reactions: 9
What's crazy is she only bought the tree for a video! Ended up with three because of manic online shopping.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 8