Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

RibenaBerry

Has anyone seen the latest ad from Ruth? Really tone deaf. Acting out being troubled by the cost of living crisis which clearly isn’t a problem for her. Really thoughtless.
Came here to say exactly the same! Tone deaf indeed. “Playing poor” by scraping the last bits of butter from the tub (Lurpak of course) in such a pantomime way felt almost mocking 😕

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12

emm

VIP Member
Thanks for new thread. I’ve followed Ruth for years, since the days of her beautiful gold wallpaper background 😁 but all her content now is just the same favourites on repeat or shilling ads. I no longer watch her videos or read her newsletter.
so did I, initially when I started following her (until the new rules came in) I had no idea that the recommendations for things she made weren't ads/sponsored. Seems pretty naive of me looking back on it
  • :ROFLMAO:

• Sad
Reactions: 12

nolite

Chatty Member
I loved her blog back when it was A Model Recommends. It was truly distinctive from others; she came across very genuine and it wasn't a hard sell type of format. I like long form blogging so that appealed to me. Think she was one of the first "influencers" (for me) to he honest, albeit pre Instagram and a much more transparent set up. I definitely took some things on board and bought a few things on her recommendation. Truly, I would not recognize her as the same woman today. It's quite sad. Also, I don't have kids (yet, I do want them and hopefully will be lucky enough to have them), absolutely love kids, but I don't want kids' stuff conflated with beauty. That's my space/indulgence. Keep it sacred 😂 I do agree, that was a big mistake on her part

Reactions: 11

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
Her blog was good back when she wrote detailed product reviews but then she started to fancy herself as a comedic writer (does anyone remember the incredibly cringey man mermaid post). The other downfall was collapsing her Mummy blogger stuff into the main blog, they used to be separate

Reactions: 10

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
I read both her kids stuff and beauty stuff, so I didn’t mind her mixing them. But the family aspect of her outputs has disappeared anyway. Maybe she didn’t want to exploit her kids on camera like so many do, and fair play to her for that.
Fair play to her? She exploited her kids on camera for a large chunk of their lives. I'd imagine it more likely that someone had a word and told her it probably wasn't a good idea to discuss her kids potty training online

• Wow
  • Sad

Melmel

I think it’s because when she started off she was quite real about fertility and life with small children. It’s fair enough that she doesn’t want to share her life anymore but it means that the content isn’t any good. Either trying to be funny or ads. It just doesn’t work. She seems like a nice lass so maybe she can do something else with her life.

rosemarina

VIP Member
She still can’t shut up about the bloody tree. She must think she’s so funny for going on about it for weeks. I had to unfollow. Complacent rambling doesn’t add anything positive to my life.
Complacent rambling is a perfect description of her output

• Haha

BigMavis

VIP Member
Pretty disgusted at the black Friday code for Hirons if I'm honest. We can see from the freaks page that a lot are getting themselves into financial difficulties needing to buy these damn kits but sure so long as Ruth is cushty. I'm absolutely not saying that Ruth is responsible for the irresponsible financial decisions of others or that she is even aware given how Caroline's mods seem to delete these posts but still, I frown upon it and felt it should be mentioned here.

• Wow
  • Sad

IndigoViolet

Did anyone see the recent IG posts? Her pouting and looking bored whilst in DisneyWorld? Was this meant to be funny? I would love to be able to take my children there! Yes amusement parks can be tedious as a parent but that’s the sacrifice you make, it’s about them not you. I used to like Ruth but I thought this was out of touch/ungrateful.

Reactions: 9

rosemarina

VIP Member
She completely lost it. That’s when it became clear just how much they were all getting away with.

Shineyshine

VIP Member
Haha, true. Maybe I should actually look at it again. Just scrolling through, the “life updates” are very scarce, it’s mostly links to her videos. I meant she stopped doing monthly updates on baby/toddler development, which I found quite informative at some point. But it would be sad to praise someone for not shoving the camera in your kid’s face as soon as they wake up (Rhiannon Ashlee) or for being able to spell, unlike others (Lily Pebbles, Anna Edit).
That’s the thing. The bar is set so low that someone like Ruth stands out because she has a normal level of literacy and maybe she’s woken up to the fact she should exercise some common sense. But why should we be singing her praises for that?

Honestly I think SM has warped society’s thinking on so many things in terms of what’s considered acceptable.

NotDumbNotBlonde

VIP Member
It’s more the specific clothes vs any of them in general. I go through phases with Boden and haven’t liked any for a while, but there’s a few nice things this season (albeit overpriced and modeled by tiny teenagers).
Does anyone remember the very early days when the clothes were modelled by named Sloaney pals of Johnny Boden? I used to find it quite entertaining 🤭 sorry Arabella and Rupert.

• Haha