Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He's going to play the mental health/addiction card at some point. When these events were supposed to have occured he called it: "His promiscuous period". Honestly, who talks like that? Creepy as duck if you ask me. I guess only time will tell if anything illegal happened and more importantly can be proven so the twit can be banged-up.

Reactions: 24
I binned off a close friend after he assaulted another friend of mine. I had introduced them and he behaved appalling.
I heard both sides of the encounter and I knew who I believed.
It didn't help that he switched into hostile defensiveness at her expense automatically.
And as is often the case, she wasn't the only woman who had similar experiences with him but I only became aware of that sometime after I'd shut down contact with him.
A man who claimed to be a feminist and all that stuff. Till he couldn't get what he wanted

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I must admit the only thing I really watched with Brand was his infamous appearance on question time, back when he was a woke icon. I can see Katy being right, from what I saw of Brand he is a man who DOES NOT like having his viewpoint questioned. Capitalisation deliberate. Very witty no doubt. But had no time for anyone who disagreed with him.

Odious Man.

Reactions: 12
Now it's out there, I fully expect many more victims to come forward who were too scared before and didn't see the point. Being a famous serial shagger is the perfect cover for a rapist. Now that cover's gone and people are willing to hear, more people will talk.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Is that why Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis are getting cancelled? You can ‘support’ someone you’ve known/loved for a long time while also condemning their behaviour and believing the victims. I don’t think any of us know how we’d behave if it was someone close to us who was accused of these crimes. Would I absolutely bin them off forever more, I just don’t know
You can you’re absolutely right, but to do so from the off without even hearing the women’s damage makes it seem less important than the friendship you’re protecting. Offer support privately, but putting a public announcement is, imo, suggesting the women are lying. It’s crass to pledge allegiance without knowing the full story as it’s saying ‘no matter what’.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Idk, maybe it is just me but I absolutely do know what I would do if someone close to me was accused of this, be it my close family, my best friend etc. It would be to bin them off and support the victims, I don't play with things like that. Honestly, I've heard the phrase before that I'd rather accidentally support a liar than accidentally support a rapist and I stand by that.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Now it's out there, I fully expect many more victims to come forward who were too scared before and didn't see the point. Being a famous serial shagger is the perfect cover for a rapist. Now that cover's gone and people are willing to hear, more people will talk.
Lets hope so they deserve to be heard

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You can you’re absolutely right, but to do so from the off without even hearing the women’s damage makes it seem less important than the friendship you’re protecting. Offer support privately, but putting a public announcement is, imo, suggesting the women are lying. It’s crass to pledge allegiance without knowing the full story as it’s saying ‘no matter what’.
Exactly. It's entirely human nature to want to support your friends or loved ones and believe in the best of them. But if you're blindly supporting someone who has done something wrong, you are choosing a side and saying that you don't care.

Daniel Sloss - the only comedian to waive his anonymity in calling Brand out - has a powerful speech talking about this in one of his shows:

Everybody thinks it can't be true because they would know, they wouldn't let that happen, and he's such a good guy - to you. But the truth is, there's usually signs that we ignore or try to justify away and all that achieves is let people get away from behaviour they need to be held accountable for.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If (god forbid) there are more survivors of Brand I pray they get the strength to come forward and report to the police. I hope there is no one else this has happened to, but sadly history of these cases shows us this us likely to be untrue.

I want them to know they are believed.

Reactions: 23
Has anyone noticed on sky at least dispatches now mentions RB by name on the title

Reactions: 4
Absolutely horrible watching this unfold. I was NOT a fab during his early work, however I did think he was a gentle soul later in life. I read his book and found light and humour in his telling of his childhood abuse. I am disgusted and disappointed that someone who experienced abuse of power then did the same. Heartbreaking.

Reactions: 8
If (god forbid) there are more survivors of Brand I pray they get the strength to come forward and report to the police. I hope there is no one else this has happened to, but sadly history of these cases shows us this us likely to be untrue.

I want them to know they are believed.
Agree!! If any survivors are reading this I believe you and I am sending so much love and strength x

• Heart
Reactions: 28
He's going to play the mental health/addiction card at some point. When these events were supposed to have occured he called it: "His promiscuous period". Honestly, who talks like that? Creepy as duck if you ask me. I guess only time will tell if anything illegal happened and more importantly can be proven so the twit can be banged-up.
Sex addiction is such a cop out for abusive behaviour. The way he speaks about his promiscuity both at the time and since shows it’s a deep rooted issue with his values and views and absolutely nothing to do with an addiction. You don’t just suddenly start respecting women.

Reactions: 16
Agree!! If any survivors are reading this I believe you and I am sending so much love and strength x
adding to this 💙

still slightly sickened that one of the first replies on this thread when the news started breaking is a “joke” but can only hope that the poster (and those who laugh reacted) feel a little differently about it after reading how awful the article is :(

Reactions: 13
Sex addiction is such a cop out for abusive behaviour. The way he speaks about his promiscuity both at the time and since shows it’s a deep rooted issue with his values and views and absolutely nothing to do with an addiction. You don’t just suddenly start respecting women.
I'm sure theres plenty of sex addicts who still know not to rape anyone

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.