Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hah! Finally this piece of tit is getting what he deserves. Brace yourselves for a word salad to end all word salads.
---
Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke

• Heart
Reactions: 20
In the footage of him being disgusting to women there's something not right in his eyes at all.

Reactions: 11
I’m not sure if it’s on dispatches, not finished yet, but I’ve just remembered the American interview he did with Katharine McPhee, he was a bleeping creep and she, I’m sure, was married at the time. (It will be on YouTube if it isn’t shown tonight)

Reactions: 8
I’m not defending him. I think they should have thrown away the key. But facts are facts and he can’t be used as a comparison when there was no trial. I hope the police are heavily involved in all of this and a fair trial will be held. I just hope this show and the media circus around it doesn’t negatively impact a trial
For sure, I made the comparison without realising it didn't go to trial but I feel like it actually backs my point up more.

The poster I was replying to came in defending RB saying the victims should take the evidence to the police so there can be a trial.

MG's girlfriend had what looked like indisputable evidence of sexual assault and abuse and he still hasn't faced legal consequences.

There are too many instances of people not being convicted for these kinds of crimes that it's not as simple as asking why it hasn't gone through the courts or why people don't speak up.

Reactions: 9
I can imagine his eyes going black and turning into pure evil
---
He’s grim. Many moons ago (2007) I went to one of his stand-up gigs at Wolverhampton Little Civic with some friends, and he sent one of his entourage out to the audience to pick out girls from the audience to go backstage. One of my friends was ‘selected’. Apparently he’s not very good and smells a bit like a damp towel... 😂😂
the old posts in here adding up…

Omg who needs enemies with “friends” like that ey! What a shining endorsement of personal conduct!!

Something that really concerns me is all that will inevitably come out about how he used recovery spaces to find victims. Sadly there was one in the Times article already, but she won’t be the only.
Problem is Barrymore seems to have won over Gen Z 🙄 bizarrely considering the crime he was involved in

Reactions: 2
What did Katy Perry ever see in him?
He's shown himself to be quite charming and charismatic at the start of a relationship. And it's well documented that they didn't spent a lot of time together while married due to them both travelling for work.

But hearing all these other stories, it does make me wonder whether everything was alright behind closed doors 😕 Like I remember the Scott Mills prank where he got a Russell Brand impersonator during the interview with her - and apparently Katy freaked out and ran out crying: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/19575801/scott-mills-prank-katy-perry/

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I’m not even a mad fan of Russell but so far I think this is a very weak expose? Using old footage of his self confessed risqué past out of context is a bit low hanging fruit tbh. The piece about him urinating in a bottle.. who cares? Obviously if he forced himself on anyone that is appalling, but have any of these women actually gone to the police? I’m not sure how comfortable I am with this new this new thing of destroying someone’s life publicly through the media when there are courts and a justice system set up for that purpose. A lot of the old footage that they have now used against him was Russel owning who he is and being upfront about his past. It’s a bit unfair and convenient to be used in another context against him

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I also dont blame the other comedians for not speaking. You only have to see the idiots posting about this & know how much abuse they'll get. Lucy Beaumont I saw had some & she barely mentioned it.

Imagine hearing a woman screaming in a house, she runs out upset and then you go in the house and have a meeting with the guy that caused that woman such distress. bleeping horrible.

• Angry
Reactions: 41
I can imagine his eyes going black and turning into pure evil

He’s grim. Many moons ago (2007) I went to one of his stand-up gigs at Wolverhampton Little Civic with some friends, and he sent one of his entourage out to the audience to pick out girls from the audience to go backstage. One of my friends was ‘selected’. Apparently he’s not very good and smells a bit like a damp towel... 😂😂

the old posts in here adding up…
I saw the same in Glasgow. Matt Morgan went into the audience picking out girls to go backstage :sick:

Reactions: 3
Well done to Daniel Sloss for speaking out here. Mad respect to him.
I know he's spoken out publically about the need for men to do more and speak out when it comes to predators. But he's right that if he can feel intimidated talking when there's no real consequence to him (a man who is not directly connected and already has his own established career), it really is no wonder female comedians don't feel like they can speak out beyond hinting 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I’m not even a mad fan of Russell but so far I think this is a very weak expose? Using old footage of his self confessed risqué past out of context is a bit low hanging fruit tbh. The piece about him urinating in a bottle.. who cares? Obviously if he forced himself on anyone that is appalling, but have any of these women actually gone to the police? I’m not sure how comfortable I am with this new this new thing of destroying someone’s life publicly through the media when there are courts and a justice system set up for that purpose. A lot of the old footage that they have now used against him was Russel owning who he is and being upfront about his past. It’s a bit unfair and convenient to be used in another context against him
Do you not believe them?

Reactions: 13
So glad to see this awful awful man finally get what’s coming to him, he’s been dropping hints his entire life🤢🤢🤢

Reactions: 12
He silenced his victims using his expensive lawyers as well as his power and wealth.
This report and documentary seems to have been the only way.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I think he’s a gross human and I’m no fan but it’s a super weak expose. He’s owned most of these stories for years and wrote about them in his own book. It’s not new. The story about the woman in LA is of course different and a serious allegation but otherwise I think they could’ve done a really good deep dive into sexism during that era, or focusing on the general comedy industry (which I originally thought the programme was about)
I am sure many more will come forward about he’s slept with thousands of women and they have only a handful of witnesses.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.