Russell Brand

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was listening to the Radio 4 wellness guru expose thing this morning that focusses on Russell Brand and came here to see if he had a thread. What I heard of his new stuff and his new followers sounded extremely culty. Does he really have upwards of 5m followers?! Agree that he is a raging misogynist with anger issues. He's a hangover of all the worst bits of the mid-late 00s isn't he. I'm really shocked that people are still that interested in him. In the 00s as an impressionable teen I admit I thought he was almost sexy mostly because of his sense of humour, the circles he ran in and and all the fuss he made about being a sex addict, but I think even then most people with the slightest bit of intelligence realised he was a massive faux intellectual.

I think sadly as @Ndrangheta says with issues in secondary and higher education and the internet encouraging the shocking rise in conspiracy thinking it's given his brand of narcissism a new arena to flourish in which is probably a lot more dangerous than his 00s persona

What's with his god complex too 😫 all the associations with Jesus. Surely he's not serious?
An awful lot of people buy into his theories, he ran his own festival in Hay on Wye last summer and from the photos it drew a huge crowd it included all sort of wellness stuff Yoga, Mediation, that Wim Hoff idiot, veganism and of course Russell's bullshit. He is organising another one this year and the tickets are quite pricey, so people must think that he has some kind of wisdom and or insight to pay a lot of money (in these times of hardship) to listen to him and his cronies talking bull. What is equally annoying, his wife who was a waitress is now a best selling author writing books about cheap home made crafts (which are found on the internet already) and nature books. She is obviously making money on the back of his fame/following but they are both as bad as each other can't believe people are so damn gullible and let themselves be fleeced by a pair of charlatans.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
No wonder he has such good legal representation - these gullible fools are contributing towards that.

Reactions: 4
An awful lot of people buy into his theories, he ran his own festival in Hay on Wye last summer and from the photos it drew a huge crowd it included all sort of wellness stuff Yoga, Mediation, that Wim Hoff idiot, veganism and of course Russell's bullshit. He is organising another one this year and the tickets are quite pricey, so people must think that he has some kind of wisdom and or insight to pay a lot of money (in these times of hardship) to listen to him and his cronies talking bull. What is equally annoying, his wife who was a waitress is now a best selling author writing books about cheap home made crafts (which are found on the internet already) and nature books. She is obviously making money on the back of his fame/following but they are both as bad as each other can't believe people are so damn gullible and let themselves be fleeced by a pair of charlatans.
‘ That Wim Hoff idiot’
I am deceased from laughing. Deceased I tell you

• Haha
Reactions: 6
No wonder he has such good legal representation - these gullible fools are contributing towards that.
I’ve asked this before and I’m asking again - do you have concrete proof or any examples of this?

Reactions: 1
I've given enough details previously. It's up to the individual whether they believe it or not. It has been an open secret in the comedy world for years as I've said before.

I've given enough details previously. It's up to the individual whether they believe it or not. It has been an open secret in the comedy world for years as I've said before.
You haven't given any details that I've seen, ever. I'm not even necessarily doubting you, but to be honest your a) constant mentionitis of this and b) lack of actual detail do make it look like a vendetta rather than anything concrete.

• Heart
He’s very culty indeed. The way he evangelises about the 12 step programmes (regardless of the myriad evidence that they are ineffective compared to other methods for beating addiction.) is just cringey.
He seems to possess an unfortunate combination of a superiority complex and a core of inferiority. This leads to the flowery language and intellectual dick swinging which impressed no one but the vulnerable. Perfect for a wannabe cult leader.
---
He went to SOAS but couldn’t handle the academic rigour and actual discipline (probably felt too superior to see it through).
There’s a videoed podcast with that Scottish comedian (Daniel something?) where he alluded to Russell Brand not bring a good guy at all.
I’ve also heard from a signed comedian that RB is the predator that Kathryn Ryan was talking about on the Louis Theroux documentary. Fern Brady also tweeted about a comedian being an actual r*^i,t.

Reactions: 12
He’s very culty indeed. The way he evangelises about the 12 step programmes (regardless of the myriad evidence that they are ineffective compared to other methods for beating addiction.) is just cringey.
He seems to possess an unfortunate combination of a superiority complex and a core of inferiority. This leads to the flowery language and intellectual dick swinging which impressed no one but the vulnerable. Perfect for a wannabe cult leader.
---
He went to SOAS but couldn’t handle the academic rigour and actual discipline (probably felt too superior to see it through).
There’s a videoed podcast with that Scottish comedian (Daniel something?) where he alluded to Russell Brand not bring a good guy at all.
I’ve also heard from a signed comedian that RB is the predator that Kathryn Ryan was talking about on the Louis Theroux documentary. Fern Brady also tweeted about a comedian being an actual r*^i,t.
The superiority/ inferiority complex is what makes many people like him so nasty isn't it

I never knew he went to SOAS but dropped out

Good info here thanks

Reactions: 1
A truly intelligent person is able to present complex ideas simply not with added verbosity.
I remember my first year at Uni and I was adding all these long words into my essays and a professor pulled me aside and told me to stop doing that and keep the argument as simple as possible. Good advice.

Reactions: 10
His verbosity is just his carefully crafted modus operandi on stage.It's a way to fill up the minutes of a show but is presented as a stream of consciousness..which doesn't make much sense but sounds "clever".

Reactions: 7
He is organising another wellbeing festival in Hay on Wye next month, loads of people turned up last year despite the tickets being quite pricey. He certainly does seem to have a big following, I wonder if they are ex addicts who see him as an icon as he is an ex heroin addict.

• Sick
He is organising another wellbeing festival in Hay on Wye next month, loads of people turned up last year despite the tickets being quite pricey. He certainly does seem to have a big following, I wonder if they are ex addicts who see him as an icon as he is an ex heroin addict.
Meet you there, I'll grab the rotten tomatoes en route ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
He's got to keep on being able to afford those expensive lawyer bills.

The people who go to that are complete mugs.

Reactions: 5
Is he an ‘ex heroin addict’ though? Hardly Renton was he, seems he took it a few times and has dined off of it ever since. Much like Davina.

Reactions: 9
He spent some time at the Focus 12 Recovery Centre in Bury St Edmunds. Chip Somers apparently sorted him out. I see he's now a Harley Street practitioner...

RB did a series called "Re:Brand" when under the influence of drugs. It's actually very interesting and certainly far better than any of the crud he's involved in now

Is he an ‘ex heroin addict’ though? Hardly Renton was he, seems he took it a few times and has dined off of it ever since. Much like Davina.
There's always been that one clip he shows where he's sat in some cellar looking a bit rough. Apart from that none of it seems documented. The recovery racket makes a good mint though so I guess he hopped on.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.