Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is there a register where you can check if they’re qualified to coach under UKA?

We didn’t really get any 121 time unless we asked for it. And then everything was done via email so was very impersonal and not very convenient for me personally as I work very long hours and would get the responses while I was at work rather than at home
who was your coach? Was it team project run?

The thing is these insta running coaches don't seem to do any CPD once qualified through bare minimum, in any normal job you'd be required to complete professional development courses regularly.

Anyone seen Mrs LED’s post?! I don’t follow, but it came up in my general search.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I’m just going to take a guess at your weekly plan:

Easy run
Tempo Run
Speedwork at 5k PB pace or quicker
Easy run
Long run

Repeat
Week 1:
Easy run
Tempo run
Hill sprints
Easy run
Long run

Week 2:
Easy run
Tempo run
Speed work - either mile reps or 1 min on / 1 min off
Easy run
Long run

My plan often had double days of strength training and a run which I ignored and did one or the other. Or it had double run days and I only ever did one of the sessions as I struggled to cope with the intense increase in time dedicated to running to be honest! It’s just for fun for me and I wasn’t aiming to break any records!

• Wow
Anyone seen Mrs LED’s post?! I don’t follow, but it came up in my general search.
Just seen it!

Oh, been reading here maybe (water cooler quote taken word for word) ?

How many times do we have to say it… if you post your life and flog everything and anything for money and you have followers who hang on your every word, you are accountable. Therefore, you need to show good judgement when it comes to running habits.

Furthermore, most of what we say comes from a position of experience, where we have been in her position and learned from our mistakes. We are trying to say that all of this #runningforthegram will not end well.

But you know what, read into our comments as you will. I don’t care. I don’t put my running on SM or strava and if I ever get gifted trainers (not a giant Brooks cushion mind 🤣) they will be donated straight away.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Just seen it!

Oh, been reading here maybe (water cooler quote taken word for word) ?

How many times do we have to say it… if you post your life and flog everything and anything for money and you have followers who hang on your every word, you are accountable. Therefore, you need to show good judgement when it comes to running habits.

Furthermore, most of what we say comes from a position of experience, where we have been in her position and learned from our mistakes. We are trying to say that all of this #runningforthegram will not end well.

But you know what, read into our comments as you will. I don’t care. I don’t put my running on SM or strava and if I ever get gifted trainers (not a giant Brooks cushion mind 🤣) they will be donated straight away.
It was the bit about ‘getting the chance to work with brands’ that made me actually howl.

These people don’t ‘work’ with brands, they prostitute their lives for likes, popularity, self validation and free kit.

Please do not dress that up as ‘working for brands’ as if it has any kind of integrity.

It doesn’t.

It’s actually just vulgar.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
It was the bit about ‘getting the chance to work with brands’ that made me actually howl.

These people don’t ‘work’ with brands, they prostitute their lives for likes, popularity, self validation and free kit.

Please do not dress that up as ‘working for brands’ as if it has any kind of integrity.

It doesn’t.

It’s actually just vulgar.
I’m really wound up about this😔

Kelly just won’t let it go will she? She is so concerned that everyone likes her that all her insta friends now have to talk about it too.

Just stop running inappropriately, taking all the gifted crap and own your tit.

Reactions: 2
A reply to this is “I feel sorry for people who’s lives are so empty they obsess over strangers on the internet”.
From little runner Mel, who shares pictures of her standing in the exact same position to 20k people.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
who was your coach? Was it team project run?
I fell victim to Team Project Run a few years back now, because of PMG advertising it. I found Lloyd to be really uninterested in actually coaching, again just giving cookie cutter plans with no care for the athlete’s actual ability or time to dedicate to training. God forbid that you bothered to ask him a question. If you didn’t have a big Insta following, he couldn’t be bothered to give you time of day. They make these “team What’s App groups” to cover the fact they aren’t actually coaching. And what would you know, I got injured and had to give up my dream race!

I’m a coach now myself and the amount of time I spend writing individual plans and communicating 1-2-1 is really high - the likes of him and PMG can’t actually be dedicating time to their clients. The max I think I could cope with giving full attention is 30, and they’ve got at least double!

Reactions: 2
I don’t understand how the people who aren’t qualified are coaching, I’m sure I remember England athletics making a bit of a fuss saying you’re not insured unless you do their courses
I suppose that they’re not able to keep track of everyone who sets themself up as a coach. So ultimately if something happens, that’s on the individual ‘coaching.’

Just to say also, you are insured to coach with a LiRF qualification. Having gone through the CiRF, it really doesn’t teach you much extra - and everyone who takes the course passes. Do some research and talk to your coach first! Make sure they’re doing further research and learning.

A reply to this is “I feel sorry for people who’s lives are so empty they obsess over strangers on the internet”.
From little runner Mel, who shares pictures of her standing in the exact same position to 20k people.
Surely they're the kind of people they rely on as influencers 🤷🏻‍♀️😂

Reactions: 4
My husband has been in the business for over 20 years and it's his life and passion. He set up his coaching business on the side of his full time job, head coach at his local running club voluntarily, chairman of the local junior athletics club voluntarily and the amount of time he spends on the phone talking/messaging each athletic is insane and he still can't do it for a living as he doesn't charge much (to those he actually even charges as a lot get it given generously) but he's fine with that. He has a huge knowledge and just wants to see them do well...so these Instagram coaches drive me insane!!!! Hardly any knowledge and raking the cash while we struggle by on a daily basis. Sorry, rant over.

Reactions: 3
I suppose that they’re not able to keep track of everyone who sets themself up as a coach. So ultimately if something happens, that’s on the individual ‘coaching.’

Just to say also, you are insured to coach with a LiRF qualification. Having gone through the CiRF, it really doesn’t teach you much extra - and everyone who takes the course passes. Do some research and talk to your coach first! Make sure they’re doing further research and learning.
someone failed on my Cirf. It was very awkward

Week 1:
Easy run
Tempo run
Hill sprints
Easy run
Long run

Week 2:
Easy run
Tempo run
Speed work - either mile reps or 1 min on / 1 min off
Easy run
Long run

My plan often had double days of strength training and a run which I ignored and did one or the other. Or it had double run days and I only ever did one of the sessions as I struggled to cope with the intense increase in time dedicated to running to be honest! It’s just for fun for me and I wasn’t aiming to break any records!
And the variety of speed workouts:
2:30/2:30 fartlek
3:30/1:30 speed/easy
3 x 3/2/1mins
Etc?!

A few things have rubbed me the wrong way. Kelly using quotes and never giving them credit. Ever. Not after the quote. Not in the hashtags. Eleanor Roosevelt said that. Stop trying to sound smart and philosophical.

Someone commented about her page not being relatable. She basically bit her head off and completely misunderstood her. No one can have an opinion with her, or any of these so called influencers. They get so butt hurt when it's not all love and praise. Someone pointed out weeks ago how her 9 minute mile attempt for a marathon was not possible since she got a PR of a half with just under a 9 minute mile. It's a fact. (Which Welshy should be telling her as her coach but that's a whole other issue🙄) We all know that she wouldn't sustain that pace for a marathon. But she turned it into crying stories and "I'm being bullied". No it was just a fact. Stop posting all the details of your life and think people can't and won't have an opinion about it. If your skin is too thin, step away from social media. But I suppose the freebies are too tempting. 🤷🏼‍♀️
And Kelly deleted this girl's comment.

Just like someone said on Mrs LED post, how can anyone air their concerns when they are deleted and removed???

Their fragile egos. Gimme a break. It's the same selfies. Same poses. More runs. Nothing interesting. But just enough to get that dopamine hit of likes and praise. While promoting easy rest and recovery, doing double sessions and 11 mile trail runs... And that's not concerning?

This isn't cyber bullying. No one is giving personal insults, calling people ugly, fat, etc. It's running concerns. 🙄

Reactions: 6
And Kelly deleted this girl's comment.

Just like someone said on Mrs LED post, how can anyone air their concerns when they are deleted and removed???

Their fragile egos. Gimme a break. It's the same selfies. Same poses. More runs. Nothing interesting. But just enough to get that dopamine hit of likes and praise. While promoting easy rest and recovery, doing double sessions and 11 mile trail runs... And that's not concerning?

This isn't cyber bullying. No one is giving personal insults, calling people ugly, fat, etc. It's running concerns. 🙄
Yes, she deleted the girl’s comment but not her own comment 😆 So she’s clapping back at someone’s now deleted comment on her post 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.