Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A reply to this is “I feel sorry for people who’s lives are so empty they obsess over strangers on the internet”.
From little runner Mel, who shares pictures of her standing in the exact same position to 20k people.
I unfollowed Mel when she accepted a gifted stay at the Trump hotel in Scotland. Can’t remember when it was, but he was still El Pres and could have been a couple of years ago. I really could not believe she could be quite so naive of the climate of the world at that time and even more that no one seemed to take her to task.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I unfollowed Mel when she accepted a gifted stay at the Trump hotel in Scotland. Can’t remember when it was, but he was still El Pres and could have been a couple of years ago. I really could not believe she could be quite so naive of the climate of the world at that time and even more that no one seemed to take her to task.
That was really cringy.

She recycles photos too..if you scroll back she has the actual same photo pretending to be taken again. Bonkers.

Fiona SW has gone quiet. Hope she is OK. Things are always quiet when things aren’t that great.

Reactions: 2
That was really cringy.

She recycles photos too..if you scroll back she has the actual same photo pretending to be taken again. Bonkers.

Fiona SW has gone quiet. Hope she is OK. Things are always quiet when things aren’t that great.
I feel for Fiona SW .. she would seriously benefit from some CBT. The constant cycle she is in can’t be fixed by Slimming World and she tries way too hard for the ‘gram with the long, long monologues.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
No, PMG! I forgot I talked about it previously on her thread as opposed to this one
I heard a story that she was moaning about her clients asking her questions all the time - I’m sure this is part of your job Jordan, the job you’re ripping your clients off with

Once again, this showed how they’ll say yes to anything without looking into it, I’m surprised Mel isnt coming out with “1 in 3 out of every 10 women” or some bullshit text like that, I mean that’s just plain stupid 😂
And yes, I unfollowed Mel when she did the trump thing too

Last edited:
I'm also a qualified coach. When I first got my qualification, I took on 3 people for a fiver a month just to work on some training plans. I've seen others on there who were charging 40 a month before even having a CiRF qualification. And the thing is, the CiRF alone isn't enough - i've been on intensive Lydiard courses, running technique, all sorts and I STILL feel like I only know 5% of what there is to know.

There's a guy on IG who coaches and he's got 40 runners on his books at 50 quid a month. They all get a tshirt and they're part of the 'squad' but they're all getting the same, generic template every month of smashing out 12x400m at a specific pace. I heard him talk recently on a podcast and his reason for coaching was 'people saw me getting results and they were asking how i did it, so i thought i might have a career in this'. His running history is 2 years. He's literally been running for 2 years, and he's in his early 20s.

And there are people willing to pay this man 50 quid a month for an excel sheet with sprints and long runs on it.
Is this that Novice to Elite lad?

I fell victim to Team Project Run a few years back now, because of PMG advertising it. I found Lloyd to be really uninterested in actually coaching, again just giving cookie cutter plans with no care for the athlete’s actual ability or time to dedicate to training. God forbid that you bothered to ask him a question. If you didn’t have a big Insta following, he couldn’t be bothered to give you time of day. They make these “team What’s App groups” to cover the fact they aren’t actually coaching. And what would you know, I got injured and had to give up my dream race!

I’m a coach now myself and the amount of time I spend writing individual plans and communicating 1-2-1 is really high - the likes of him and PMG can’t actually be dedicating time to their clients. The max I think I could cope with giving full attention is 30, and they’ve got at least double!
My college had this too! He joined TPR and was fed the dream and all these weekly call check-ins with Lloyd and the classic “I’m here 24/7 to message”.

He had an awful plan and was running 2/3 of his usual runs, would tell me he’d message him and get a response back in a few days after it was sent and got the same plan over and over. Think he said he called him out and asked for a change of things, but just heard nothing back! £75 I think he was paying and he was going for a low 3hr time too, but having a coach/company that does that it just conning

Last edited:
  • Sad
My college had this too! He joined TPR and was fed the dream and all these weekly call check-ins with Lloyd and the classic “I’m here 24/7 to message”.

He had an awful plan and was running 2/3 of his usual runs, would tell me he’d message him and get a response back in a few days after it was sent and got the same plan over and over. Think he said he called him out and asked for a change of things, but just heard nothing back! £75 I think he was paying and he was going for a low 3hr time too, but having a coach/company that does that it just conning
Honestly, I’m just a bit fed up with these coaches that are completely obsessed with their own PBs and thinking that somehow, having run a sub 3 hour marathon means that you know how to coach people. And people definitely fall into the trap of thinking that fast people make good coaches. I think it’s more important to find someone that will work with you and just because they haven’t run that time themselves, doesn’t necessarily mean that they can’t coach you to reach it. (You see it in professional sport all the time - the best coaches aren’t necessarily the best athletes. It’s a different skill set!).

Reactions: 2
My husband has been in the business for over 20 years and it's his life and passion. He set up his coaching business on the side of his full time job, head coach at his local running club voluntarily, chairman of the local junior athletics club voluntarily and the amount of time he spends on the phone talking/messaging each athletic is insane and he still can't do it for a living as he doesn't charge much (to those he actually even charges as a lot get it given generously) but he's fine with that. He has a huge knowledge and just wants to see them do well...so these Instagram coaches drive me insane!!!! Hardly any knowledge and raking the cash while we struggle by on a daily basis. Sorry, rant over.
Your husband sounds like the kind of coach I would like!

Reactions: 3
Oh definitely he went off on one didn’t he 😂😂😂 if he’s training Kelly that explains a lot!
The only ones allowed an opinion are these bigger accounts and their circle of other big accounts, otherwise you’re a bully for having a different opinion.
One guy I follow used to post harmless and funny comments, and every one of these accounts we talk about here would delete these comments, simply because he wasn’t sucking up to them. Bunch of arrogant narcissists

Reactions: 6
The only ones allowed an opinion are these bigger accounts and their circle of other big accounts, otherwise you’re a bully for having a different opinion.
One guy I follow used to post harmless and funny comments, and every one of these accounts we talk about here would delete these comments, simply because he wasn’t sucking up to them. Bunch of arrogant narcissists
Totally agree! They just want to be loved and adored and anyone that has an opinion other than the following minions are accused of trolling!

Reactions: 4
The comment that he’s posted under also has a comment from the lady who made the comment about Kelly not being relatable for her anymore. She made valid points and he just kicks off.
Some of the things said here could never be posted directly to these people now matter how reasonable they would be - they don’t like any kind of challenge or comments.
A lot of them aren’t relatable and they certainly don’t portray a relatable life.
And the fact the point made sailed right over Matt’s head demonstrated that.

Reactions: 11
The comment that he’s posted under also has a comment from the lady who made the comment about Kelly not being relatable for her anymore. She made valid points and he just kicks off.
Some of the things said here could never be posted directly to these people now matter how reasonable they would be - they don’t like any kind of challenge or comments.
A lot of them aren’t relatable and they certainly don’t portray a relatable life.
And the fact the point made sailed right over Matt’s head demonstrated that.
Well said, and he also needs to look up the definition of trolling in the dictionary.

Also The Welsh Runner is probably mad because he's worried he'll lose credibility and customers. The reason Kelly's mileage was low was because she didn't do Great South Run, and aren't you supposed to increase mileage by 10% every week?

Last edited:
Just wanted to post a few instarunners who I don't find problematic:
Thisbunnyruns
Yankeepankyruns
Shortgirlrunner
Katietriestorun

Any other suggestions?

Why does anyone who’s had a baby think anyone else is interested in their birth story 🙄
I most definitely didn’t share my birthing story, which strangers would want to know that anyway?

Thisbunnyruns
Yankeepankyruns
Shortgirlrunner
Katietriestorun

Any other suggestions?
Thisbunnyruns a bit of a snowflake, yanky is far too moany, Shortgirl I like, but I’m not familiar with Katie, I’ll go check her out

Well said, and he also needs to look up the definition of trolling in the dictionary.

Also The Welsh Runner is probably mad because he's worried he'll lose credibility and customers. The reason Kelly's mileage was low was because she didn't do Great South Run, and aren't you supposed to increase mileage by 10% every week?
I just read his comment and thought this doesn’t add up. So I looked on Kelly’s page and she’s run for at least 4 hours this week, and that is likely lower than actual time. 16 miles in 4 hours means 4 miles per hour. I don’t believe it. And if that is the case, BQ is never going to be on the cards. It’s slower than I walk! The lies just keep growing.

Reactions: 5
Gen Huss has put on her Strava that she thinks she has a ‘little’ heart attack last week because of the Covid jab……

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Thisbunnyruns
Yankeepankyruns
Shortgirlrunner
Katietriestorun

Any other suggestions?
Love short girl runner and her beagle is adorable. She’s so unproblematic and even though she’s gifted stuff she seems to manage to always be really classy

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.