Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My plan (before my ITB started being an arse, so might be re-thinking this) for my marathon debut next May was to spend the winter training for a fast half in January, and then try and maintain that base of 8 - 10 mile runs most weeks, off and on. Now my ITB has started playing up so I might change that plan to include more rest (the half race I've signed up to in January can be changed to a 5k or 10k if necessary).
I would definitely say you would want longer runs than 10 miles before you go into a marathon. An extra 16 is a long way to go!

Why not schedule the half during your marathon plan? The best half I ever ran was in the midst of a marathon training block - the extra distance was a big fitness boost, and I was doing longer interval sessions (1 mile, 2 mile, etc)

I would definitely say you would want longer runs than 10 miles before you go into a marathon. An extra 16 is a long way to go!

Why not schedule the half during your marathon plan? The best half I ever ran was in the midst of a marathon training block - the extra distance was a big fitness boost, and I was doing longer interval sessions (1 mile, 2 mile, etc)
Well yeah XD I meant I'm doing the half training until February, then following a runners world plan after that up until May. I'll be doing at least 4 over 20 milers (y) Sorry, that was not massively clear!

Reactions: 1
Well yeah XD I meant I'm doing the half training until February, then following a runners world plan after that up until May. I'll be doing at least 4 over 20 milers (y) Sorry, that was not massively clear!
Oh okay! Haha yeah I didn’t get that from before 🤣 sounds good!

Why don’t we all join Coffee run on the Thames Meander marathon and then the Pilgrim Ultra instead?

🤣🤣🤣🤣
Oh god not the Thames Meander 🤣 did the half once, never again! I hate races where you have to run past the finish line and keep going. My mind just gives in!

Oh god not the Thames Meander 🤣 did the half once, never again! I hate races where you have to run past the finish line and keep going. My mind just gives in!
The infamous (short one year) Sunderland marathon was like this. You ran past the finish at 20 miles. I mean, they couldn’t have picked a worse place for you to run past the finish could they?

🤢🤢😡😡

• Haha
May I recommend avoiding Cheltenham Half (the September one, not this weird new RunThrough one)? You run past the grandstand on the top of the race course at mile 11 - and then do two miles around the racetrack until you finally reach the finish. Which is next to the grandstand! (This year they also placed the mile markers very very poorly and the 13 mile marker was about 700m from the finish line 🙃)

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
It's almost like these races want to test your mental fitness alongside the physical!
I mean Cheltenham 1/2 just felt particularly cruel XD The half I mentioned earlier is a 6 hour race slot, do as many 3 mile laps as you want which I thought would be particularly good for building some mental toughness!

Becky Briggs seems to never disclose her ad/sponsored post, she must have a partnership with puresportcpd to be constantly posting, are the rules different for people who aren't technically influencers?

Becky Briggs seems to never disclose her ad/sponsored post, she must have a partnership with puresportcpd to be constantly posting, are the rules different for people who aren't technically influencers?
The rules are the same. I have reported a lot of elites recently.

There are even bigger issues than that with her - she overtrains to an insane degree, even for an elite. I do not think she is over her eating disorder by any means, and it's unfortunate she's so talented because it means her addictive tendencies fly under the radar.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Nope. Same rules for all. I had to unfollow her because it wound me up so much. (And if I’m honest I found her triggering to my ED but that’s not her fault)

There are even bigger issues than that with her - she overtrains to an insane degree, even for an elite. I do not think she is over her eating disorder by any means, and it's unfortunate she's so talented because it means her addictive tendencies fly under the radar.
Funny, wrote my reply before reading this. I think she wildly under-ate (underrate??) but I wasn’t sure if it was in my head

Just caught another one of alexm_16 ‘s reels — she has the absolute worst form…not sure why she posts these, especially as a ‘coach.’ That squat in the latest video is atrocious, and in her “Parkrun warm up” reel, she has absolutely no clue how to do a B-skip. Nor does she seem to know that you never, ever do heel flicks with your hands on your butt 🤦🏼‍ none of these exercises are controlled or correct…

I’ve gone and looked through her strength and conditioning videos too, and she’s just flailing around with the weights - looks like an injury waiting to happen.

aargh it just frustrates me so much that people are paying coaches like this who have no clue whatsoever

Reactions: 4
She actually rounds her back in those squats…how can she look at these videos and think they’re going to “help” others? Grrrr, these “coaches” are really starting to grate on me.

She actually rounds her back in those squats…how can she look at these videos and think they’re going to “help” others? Grrrr, these “coaches” are really starting to grate on me.
I’m not even sure that that much thought goes into it. Just something slapped together in two seconds for some Instagram likes. You can tell no care was taken in the making of the videos

Just caught another one of alexm_16 ‘s reels — she has the absolute worst form…not sure why she posts these, especially as a ‘coach.’ That squat in the latest video is atrocious, and in her “Parkrun warm up” reel, she has absolutely no clue how to do a B-skip. Nor does she seem to know that you never, ever do heel flicks with your hands on your butt 🤦🏼‍ none of these exercises are controlled or correct…

I’ve gone and looked through her strength and conditioning videos too, and she’s just flailing around with the weights - looks like an injury waiting to happen.

aargh it just frustrates me so much that people are paying coaches like this who have no clue whatsoever
Been saying this for a while, really poor videos but then again what do you expect from a teacher who is a tin pot in Instagram ‘coach’?! It’s all about pushing tripe out there for likes and attention and you know what, she some how gets it!

Imagine the atrocious videos that’ll come now she’s blagged a go noble pro treadmill and on their ambassadors team! To the point about injury, pretty sure she’s been fairly injury prone in the last 12-18 months

Been saying this for a while, really poor videos but then again what do you expect from a teacher who is a tin pot in Instagram ‘coach’?! It’s all about pushing tripe out there for likes and attention and you know what, she some how gets it!

Imagine the atrocious videos that’ll come now she’s blagged a go noble pro treadmill and on their ambassadors team! To the point about injury, pretty sure she’s been fairly injury prone in the last 12-18 months
That really doesn’t surprise me if I watch the way she exercises. Literally no control over her body whatsoever. I understand that some may not be able to tell that she’s doing the drills incorrectly, but anyone should be able to see that she can’t even do a basic squat. The LIRF/CIRF courses aren’t amazing but even they were trying to drill it into us how to do a correct squat, etc. Looks like that didn’t stick in this case.

Sad to see that some brands will just work with whoever, without regard to quality

Fordy_runs is having a clear out today 😂
I was in a Facebook group (free, no coach affiliation) with him a few years ago when I was training for my first full. He was so obnoxious- I had to block him. I'd never heard of him before or since. Everyone else in the group was merely chatting about training, commiserating, etc. And he comes in every day to self-promote. Totally forgot about him until this thread!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.