Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It would be interesting to know how many participants of this thread have been sent here by influencers posting about Tattle. My tactic (if I was an influencer) would be to say nothing at all. Instead all they are doing is making people curious.

Reactions: 10
It would be interesting to know how many participants of this thread have been sent here by influencers posting about Tattle. My tactic (if I was an influencer) would be to say nothing at all. Instead all they are doing is making people curious.
Me 🙋🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 2
6A6CD686-C119-450A-89EB-182F0A888AAB.jpeg

100% the Streisand effect at play. The more they are spoken about the more that they can keep the cogs of the attention seeking and validation going. #bekind 🙃

Reactions: 11
Hi all
I've been a tattle lurker for a while now but have registered specifically to express my utter disbelief that Welsh runner and littlerunnermel have blocked me for doing nothing more than liking a post on Mrs LEDS post. The comment I liked wasn't mean at all but a fairly balanced critique of the "instabubble". I am gobsmaked they feel so threatened by sometime just liking such a post they need to block. I guess they are pissed they can't delete the original post, which they clearly would if it was on their own pages.
I had never heard of littlerunnermel so no loss there and I was on the cusp of unfollowing Welsh runner as I was finding him annoying. I unfollowed Kelly ages ago due to dubious tagging of ads/gifted items and I found her to be a bit ungracious. When I first started following her I had a lot of respect for a mum with T1 diabeties out there doing what she did.

Reactions: 14
I only really joined Instagram to follow runners who seemed to be like me or runners I aspired to be more like, it was really inspiring and interesting for a while before it was all just #ads

This thread has made me realise how annoying they've all become and how little I've got out of following them so I've had a mass unfollow, especially now they're all just bitching and moaning about their ungrateful followers 🙄

I love lots of the pro/famous athlete accounts like Kelly Holmes, Eilish McColgan in small doses, Susie Chan, Yellow Runner, Aly Dixon, Ben Parkes I can tolerate.
Please suggest some more runners to follow!

Reactions: 8
Some of the smaller accounts I really like are all_these_things_that_ive_run, Sara_runs_to_40, charlierunsslow, ultra_nunn_runner and anirishrunner

Reactions: 3
Me! 😂

Does anyone else on here bite their medals? No? Just CoffeeBoy then? Medal bite, fist clench or a mention of MdS and how many marathons he’s done - this is basically his Instagram nowadays, zzzzzzz
Wait, he’s done MdS?! Why hasn’t he mentioned this before?!

Another one that goes through cycles of injuries, sporadic training and so many races. PB at oxford half and immediately after tries for a mara PB. Ridiculous.
He’s another muppets that’s always has an excuse when his runs don’t go well. Rather than be like ‘nah not my day’ it’s always ‘oh but half way I was on for a glittery turd and 3:30 finish’ (or whatever it was) ‘but the 5g in the area caused me to have a fall down narnia and ended up coming home in 4:30, but the medal still tastes like metal so that’s a plus’

The WR comments are really angry… I understand he might be cross and defensive over Kelly, but there really is no need.
Surely that’s a sign of exposure from being called out and now it has been exposed, the route people like that take is attacking and getting personal and angry! They’ve gone on far too long but now everyone is being shown their true colours a little, then it gets to them!

Deleting and blocking any negativity will leave you a pool of only bum licking ego strokers to make you world feel rosey and splendid. But that’s not real reality, it’s their bubble! I feel sorry for them that they want to live this kind of lifestyle and him clearly reeling BS when things are on Strava etc! His rant just shows what an angry little man he really is tbh

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Been following for a while but first time commenting.
The comments left by WR on that post to the person he was replying to have been reported as bullying and harassment to Instagram

Reactions: 1

He’s another muppets that’s always has an excuse when his runs don’t go well. Rather than be like ‘nah not my day’ it’s always ‘oh but half way I was on for a glittery turd and 3:30 finish’ (or whatever it was) ‘but the 5g in the area caused me to have a fall down narnia and ended up coming home in 4:30, but the medal still tastes like metal so that’s a plus’
Yeah, MdS, also about 200 marathons, but still can’t do sub-4, does every podcast going, can’t run an ultra on his own, but I’m sure he’ll remind us all of that pretty soon anyway

Some of the smaller accounts I really like are all_these_things_that_ive_run, Sara_runs_to_40, charlierunsslow, ultra_nunn_runner and anirishrunner
Yes to all of these 😁

🤣 I was telling my sports massage therapist that someone I followed on Instagram has just done MDS as he's an experienced ultra runner, and he went on a big rant about how all these people buy places at MDS and walk the whole thing, sounded familiar 🤔

Reactions: 3
🤣 I was telling my sports massage therapist that someone I followed on Instagram has just done MDS as he's an experienced ultra runner, and he went on a big rant about how all these people buy places at MDS and walk the whole thing, sounded familiar 🤔
MdS is a race for ‘rich’ people (or ones who get into debt) to do as something to brag about, it’s not hard, it’s hot yes, but not hard - says someone here who will never do it because I’d rather spend 6k on a family holiday 😂
And just for reference, I completed a 100 mile race in the lakes a few year back, I know what hard races are

Reactions: 2
Apparently Berlin didn't take it out of kelly, did he not see her breakdown after? Imagine getting all het up about opinions of a load of random strangers on the Internet 🤣🤣🤣🤣 don't want people to talk about you, then privatise your life. bleeping idiots.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
One other person that’s annoying me lately is running veg. She’s currently pregnant and all she’s doing is moaning about missing running, already planning her comeback. It’s not healthy. Enjoy your sabbatical and stop obsessing! Seems to be doing a lit of hard hikes too. Something just seems a bit off.
I really like her - we’ve had some really sensible conversations by DM and she’s very friendly! If I’d just moved to Canada I’d be straight up those mountains too. I don’t see many posts or stories moaning about missing running so not sure what ones you’re referring to there.

my feed this morning is essentially all food box ads or ads for the new (incredibly expensive) Brooks hiviz kit. 🙄

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.