Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t follow many of the big accounts. I unfollowed quite a few recently too.

I think annatheappleblog must have had or has a problem with food and exercise.

Gen Huss is nasty. I believe she moved to Israel so she can run in the heat. She thinks she’s an elite runner 🙄 Her whole life revolves around running.

I had to unfollow runnerof4 as her stories are 🥱 who wants to see constant photos of other people’s children?? I don’t understand people who story/Instagram their whole lives. How can they ever be fully engaged with those around them when they have one eye on Instagram?

I unfollowed thisgirlcanrunfar years ago because she was secretly recording her dad and posting it on Instagram. That’s cruel.

whatcharlierannext annoys me but it’s compulsive viewing 😂 she’s full of self-importance.The apologies for not having good content etc make me laugh. Nobody cares!!!!

Victoriarunswild needs help.

God! I sound like a horrible person. Maybe I’m the problem 😂😂😂
I agree with everything you’ve said! Anna confuses me a bit - this morning she’s posted that she’s “terrified” to get back to running because even though she’s been doing all her recommended exercises and extra levels etc she’s convinced her bladder is just going to straight up drop out of her the second she goes for a jog. She seems very very highly strung with regards to running (seems lovely otherwise, even though as a veggie I hate all the photos she puts of her devouring half a damn cow) and it’s almost OCD levels of concern about running.

I think the problem is that - certainly everyone you’ve mentioned there - a lot of the “big” insta runners are very Type A, everything must be perfect, they’ve ran since they were little kids bossing out a top place finish in school cross country champs etc. So running is something that they know they’re very good and they have to keep up this appearance of being as incredible as possible without revealing the veil of “sometimes running is tit”.

I have pretty bad IBS and every now and again, no matter what I do I will tit myself within a mile of leaving my front door, not runners belly but cramps, shaking, chills, high levels of urgency and no warning etc - I occasionally allude to it if I post on that day but it’s not exactly content people want to read. They’re selling themselves and the idea that they’re fantastic runners all the time no matter what.

Reactions: 3
I have pretty bad IBS and every now and again, no matter what I do I will tit myself within a mile of leaving my front door, not runners belly but cramps, shaking, chills, high levels of urgency and no warning etc - I occasionally allude to it if I post on that day but it’s not exactly content people want to read. They’re selling themselves and the idea that they’re fantastic runners all the time no matter what.
I completely understand. When I was ill and was eating nothing and then binging on “healthy foods” like dried fruit and museli, this used to happen to me all the time. Some of the big accounts make it funny and say “oh, I had to queue for that loo five times before a race”. But actually, if you have limped home with your legs tight together you have no idea what it feels like. My runs used to be based around hidden places that I knew I could stop in.

I see the Welsh runner is not having a good taper. Who would have thought? No rest after the 100k DNF. It is almost as if his body is trying to tell him something. I don’t wish injury or illness on anyone, I really want someone to tell him to slow down otherwise something major will happen. As much as he thinks he is, he is not a machine.

I completely understand. When I was ill and was eating nothing and then binging on “healthy foods” like dried fruit and museli, this used to happen to me all the time. Some of the big accounts make it funny and say “oh, I had to queue for that loo five times before a race”. But actually, if you have limped home with your legs tight together you have no idea what it feels like. My runs used to be based around hidden places that I knew I could stop in.

I see the Welsh runner is not having a good taper. Who would have thought? No rest after the 100k DNF. It is almost as if his body is trying to tell him something. I don’t wish injury or illness on anyone, I really want someone to tell him to slow down otherwise something major will happen. As much as he thinks he is, he is not a machine.
When I started running I only ran up to 5k and only 2.5k from my house and back again because I was so terrified of having an accident and not being able to get to a loo. Got on the right meds and I’m much better now and planning my marathon debut but it makes racing really hard because it’s triggered by anxiety. But still, work with what you got!

Well that’s surprising isn’t it 🙄

re: being gifted things, I’m less bothered by people being gifted kit and shoes than I am by people being gifted race entries. Especially for London! There’s a girl who’s in my home town who was gifted an entry to our local half and has also been gifted London and one of the other local half’s that’s notoriously difficult to get a spot in.

It puts me off race organisers who do that, so many claim to be charities with people and community at the heart but really are disgusting money making scams! If races are about encouraging people to get out and active, they should make it accessible for locals, i know Great North Run certainly use to offer heavily discounted rates for locals and even the recent Big Half said something about there was subsided places for locals.

It puts me off race organisers who do that, so many claim to be charities with people and community at the heart but really are disgusting money making scams! If races are about encouraging people to get out and active, they should make it accessible for locals, i know Great North Run certainly use to offer heavily discounted rates for locals and even the recent Big Half said something about there was subsided places for locals.
I *think* Hackney half did discounts for Hackney residents too.

Anyone watch the Running Channel? On the subject of people setting massive goals for themselves, Anna is targeting a sub 3:30 marathon at Berlin (her PB is 3:53). Seems like a massive ask.

Reactions: 4
I *think* Hackney half did discounts for Hackney residents too.

Anyone watch the Running Channel? On the subject of people setting massive goals for themselves, Anna is targeting a sub 3:30 marathon at Berlin (her PB is 3:53). Seems like a massive ask.
That’s almost a minute per mile faster. For 26.2 miles. Seems a (very) tall order!

Reactions: 2
I agree with everything you’ve said! Anna confuses me a bit - this morning she’s posted that she’s “terrified” to get back to running because even though she’s been doing all her recommended exercises and extra levels etc she’s convinced her bladder is just going to straight up drop out of her the second she goes for a jog. She seems very very highly strung with regards to running (seems lovely otherwise, even though as a veggie I hate all the photos she puts of her devouring half a damn cow) and it’s almost OCD levels of concern about running.

I think the problem is that - certainly everyone you’ve mentioned there - a lot of the “big” insta runners are very Type A, everything must be perfect, they’ve ran since they were little kids bossing out a top place finish in school cross country champs etc. So running is something that they know they’re very good and they have to keep up this appearance of being as incredible as possible without revealing the veil of “sometimes running is tit”.

that sounds awful 😢 I’m sorry you have to go through that. I only suffer mildly with IBS and that’s a struggle sometimes. I had to dive into a (not so private) bush during lockdown because the toilets were all closed. I am both horrified and proud of myself over it

I think for me this is my biggest problem with the Instagram running community. People absolutely abuse their bodies and are praised for it. People need to think very long and hard about what they’re praising. Often behind the scenes of that person who’s being adored for their figure is an eating disorder, the person who’s doing a running streak has an exercise addiction and is running through injury… etc

• Heart
that sounds awful 😢 I’m sorry you have to go through that. I only suffer mildly with IBS and that’s a struggle sometimes. I had to dive into a (not so private) bush during lockdown because the toilets were all closed. I am both horrified and proud of myself over it

I think for me this is my biggest problem with the Instagram running community. People absolutely abuse their bodies and are praised for it. People need to think very long and hard about what they’re praising. Often behind the scenes of that person who’s being adored for their figure is an eating disorder, the person who’s doing a running streak has an exercise addiction and is running through injury… etc
It is has taken me a long time to admit I was ill and that running (and Instagram) fuelled that illness. A huge injury was the only logical outcome.

I sometimes want to message these accounts and say how much damage they are doing to themselves and their followers.

🙁❤.

• Heart
It is has taken me a long time to admit I was ill and that running (and Instagram) fuelled that illness. A huge injury was the only logical outcome.

I sometimes want to message these accounts and say how much damage they are doing to themselves and their followers.

🙁❤.
I feel you! I hope you’re doing well now. I have a long history with an ed. I get upset when I see what people are doing to themselves and sometimes these people can make me feel crappy about myself. Instagram can be very toxic but at the same time I’ve made some lifelong friends through it.

• Heart
I feel you! I hope you’re doing well now. I have a long history with an ed. I get upset when I see what people are doing to themselves and sometimes these people can make me feel crappy about myself. Instagram can be very toxic but at the same time I’ve made some lifelong friends through it.
Thank you, you too ❤. It is a slow journey, with bumpsbut I can see a future without the little voice on my shoulder.. I think the problem is far more widespread and although people (r. McGregor for one) are starting to speak up, those voices need to be amplified over and over again.

Reactions: 1
It amazes me how she eats an absolutely awful diet, yet is still stick thin?

If I ever post a picture of myself punching the air with a hashtag #allin, the world has a license to knock my head off.

Glad the welsh runner did a nice “race with the boys” while Kelly is ill at home, presumably looking after the kids.

Grr, he does my nut in.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
If I ever post a picture of myself punching the air with a hashtag #allin, the world has a license to knock my head off.

Glad the welsh runner did a nice “race with the boys” while Kelly is ill at home, presumably looking after the kids.

Grr, he does my nut in.
He wants to be careful, his head will explode from all the pressure of its size expanding.

• Haha
Just as an aside, does anyone follow Tommy Rivs? He is an ultra runner who went through an horrendous cancer ordeal last year.

At the moment he is documenting his recovery.

He is everything a running account should be; humble, inspirational and championing the ones that need voices (in his case the Indigenous people of America
and Canada).

• Heart

Grr, he does my nut in.
😂😂😂 if I ever do the same or #rollthedice please slap me!

It amazes me how she eats an absolutely awful diet, yet is still stick thin?
Her meals are often lacking in carbs and that could be all she eats in a day?? It doesn’t add up.

Last edited:
Just as an aside, does anyone follow Tommy Rivs? He is an ultra runner who went through an horrendous cancer ordeal last year.

At the moment he is documenting his recovery.

He is everything a running account should be; humble, inspirational and championing the ones that need voices (in his case the Indigenous people of America
and Canada).
Id never heard of him until an actor i follow Olly Rix started sharing/reposting a lot about him last year, Tommy, his wife and his brother all seem very inspirational and share some moving words

• Heart
Reactions: 1
There you go, the Welsh runner .. Matt
Is going all in again.. and rolling that dice again 😏
He really need to mix it up a bit with the sayings. It’s always roll the dice 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
He really need to mix it up a bit with the sayings. It’s always roll the dice 🤦🏻‍♀️
That phrase, roll the dice, makes me want to punch someone 😡

• Angry
Reactions: 5
That phrase, roll the dice, makes me want to punch someone 😡
He says he has no pressure on Berlin but you can tell unless he pb’s he will bring out all the excuses with the recent flare up of plantar fasciitis and his stomach bug.

We he go all in on London then?

Note how the rolls of the dice are free because his entries are gifted.

Piss off.

Reactions: 6
He says he has no pressure on Berlin but you can tell unless he pb’s he will bring out all the excuses with the recent flare up of plantar fasciitis and his stomach bug.

We he go all in on London then?

Note how the rolls of the dice are free because his entries are gifted.

Piss off.
A few days ago wasn’t he saying he was going to run it for fun and pressure free? I admire people who put their goals out in the open but I think they then cannot cope with the perceived pressure. I wonder if that’s part of the problem with Ben Parkes. I think he runs with his GoPro as a security blanket and an excuse (if that makes sense).

I hate the ‘roll the dice’ thing and ‘smashed it’.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.