Running Instagrammers

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes!!! The Welsh runner and This Messy Happy spring to mind šŸ¤¢
I could wind myself up like a spring about the Welsh runner. Against what seems like popular opinion, I also canā€™t stand Kelly.

Their vlogs are an excuse to wang on about themselves, show themselves off and say ā€œIā€ as many times as possible in a set period.

I know I could not follow, but where would the fun be in that?

Does anyone follow runnerbeans? Thoughts? My friend is obsessed with her and she comments on her posts all the time. At the moment, my mind isnā€™t made upā€¦

Reactions: 3
I could wind myself up like a spring about the Welsh runner. Against what seems like popular opinion, I also canā€™t stand Kelly.

Their vlogs are an excuse to wang on about themselves, show themselves off and say ā€œIā€ as many times as possible in a set period.

I know I could not follow, but where would the fun be in that?

Does anyone follow runnerbeans? Thoughts? My friend is obsessed with her and she comments on her posts all the time. At the moment, my mind isnā€™t made upā€¦
I feel the same about Runnerbeans.

I see she has just reduced her NHS hours so she can do other stuff.

Reactions: 1
Is runnerbeans the dietician with pilot husband? She strikes me as quite posh, well off as even when she was a student she still managed to have very expensive taste, i know some of it may be gifted but still surely it all isn't and a newly qualified band 5 dietician would not be on that much.

I really need to go through an unfollow some of the running influencers, there is various ones who i follow who don't annoy me to the levels of PMG, Welsh runner but i just dont find that interesting.
The_running_medic - im more interested in hearing about her career, seeing her dog than running content
Infinityharry - he seems to of joined the asics front runner team then suffered with mental health issues and turned away from race times/performance

Does anyone follow annatheappleblog, don't know if she's technically running influencer as she never seems to get free stuff, but she is decent runner and document her pregnancy running and i'm interested to see her postpartum return?

Reactions: 3
Is runnerbeans the dietician with pilot husband? She strikes me as quite posh, well off as even when she was a student she still managed to have very expensive taste, i know some of it may be gifted but still surely it all isn't and a newly qualified band 5 dietician would not be on that much.
She is so unrelatable and entitled.

Reactions: 5
Does anyone follow annatheappleblog, don't know if she's technically running influencer as she never seems to get free stuff, but she is decent runner and document her pregnancy running and i'm interested to see her postpartum return?
I used to but I havenā€™t liked her endless body posts post partum. I get that she is proud of how rapidly her body has changed but I think posting her body constantly is a bitā€¦messed up? And whilst it is just how her body is, it isnā€™t how most peopleā€™s bodies are post partum. It almost feels like body checks, although I donā€™t think she has an Ed?

Reactions: 4
I used to but I havenā€™t liked her endless body posts post partum. I get that she is proud of how rapidly her body has changed but I think posting her body constantly is a bitā€¦messed up? And whilst it is just how her body is, it isnā€™t how most peopleā€™s bodies are post partum. It almost feels like body checks, although I donā€™t think she has an Ed?
I dislike the endless bf mentions too, i'm all for individual choice and fed is best, i just find it a bit too much, it always so perfect as well. Plus she loves to mention how she eats so much but even takeaways are with massive portions of vegetables/side salad. She posted something a few days ago about having a bad night and she was blaming it on her Mum buying her a caffeinated coffee, like talk about been ungrateful, mistakes happen no need to share it with everyone be grateful your Mum took you out and bought you a drink!

Reactions: 4
I dislike the endless bf mentions too, i'm all for individual choice and fed is best, i just find it a bit too much, it always so perfect as well. Plus she loves to mention how she eats so much but even takeaways are with massive portions of vegetables/side salad. She posted something a few days ago about having a bad night and she was blaming it on her Mum buying her a caffeinated coffee, like talk about been ungrateful, mistakes happen no need to share it with everyone be grateful your Mum took you out and bought you a drink!
Yes, there's definitely something dodgy with her intake or output. I still can't get over that she ran on the morning before giving birth. I get that every pregnancy is different but the vast vast majority of women can't even think about doing that and she somehow makes it seem like it's totally normal for that to happen and totally normal to have abs back 8 weeks after birth?

I think she seems like a nice girl overall, she just irks me a bit.

Reactions: 2
Oh donā€™t. I used to follow martha_personaltrainer when I was pregnant because she was running slower than her normal paces and I was still running up until about 8 months. At first I found it inspiring until she started slagging off how slow she was going and then ran on the day she gave birth. Then went back to running within a couple of weeks of having her baby. Made me feel like tit for stopping, so I unfollowed

Oh donā€™t. I used to follow martha_personaltrainer when I was pregnant because she was running slower than her normal paces and I was still running up until about 8 months. At first I found it inspiring until she started slagging off how slow she was going and then ran on the day she gave birth. Then went back to running within a couple of weeks of having her baby. Made me feel like tit for stopping, so I unfollowed
I don't mind her too much, I want more horse content though XD I think she's definitely mellowed with motherhood.

I don't mind her too much, I want more horse content though XD I think she's definitely mellowed with motherhood.
Maybe worth another look now her baby is much older!

My absolute pet hate from any runfluencer is one who slags off anything slower than about a 9 min mile. They seem to forget that a lot of their followers will be using them for inspiration and will be running a hell of a lot slower than them. When I started I was like 13 min miles and then you see people going on about how slow an 8 min mile is and I just think oh piss off. Sharing pace is obviously one thing, itā€™s the ā€œmega easy run for me, had to make such an effort to go SO SLOW I was practically walkingā€

I am a fairly quick runner, and I can't bear the easy run at 7 min mile brigade.
One of our coaches once gave one of our better distance runners a telling off with the immortal line "if 9:40 recovery runs are good enough for Kipchoge, they are good enough for you"

RE influencers - I really like the running medic.
Becky Briggs I really like and seems like a real star in the making
Hayley Carruthers is so likeable and works so bloody hard.
Gary House is my favourite - absolutely no nonsense, no bullshit training. Very focused on ultras and really open and honest about warts and all side of that level of distance running. Also just absolutely hilarious.

I can't stand PMG - I think she needs treatment for a really obvious ED and it worries me she coaches.
Thisgirlcanrunfar, god this is mean but Im not entirely sure she's all there? Also seems an absolute wet blanket.
I think she was more of a big deal in the twitter days but Gen Huss is a nasty piece of work.
Also there are a few weird tikiboo obsessed accounts, again often run by women who really don't seem to be all there. Very very odd seeing grown ass adults so obsessed with a clothing brand to the degree some of them are. A really odd side of running insta.

I think I mentioned before on one of the other friends I have a couple of friends who are insta running influencers with varying followers. One of those friends went to a race with therunnerbeans and said she is dull as dishwater with little personality which I think comes through on her instagram to be honest. I used to follow her but then she did so many ads and that's just not what I'm in to.

I think I mentioned before on one of the other friends I have a couple of friends who are insta running influencers with varying followers. One of those friends went to a race with therunnerbeans and said she is dull as dishwater with little personality which I think comes through on her instagram to be honest. I used to follow her but then she did so many ads and that's just not what I'm in to.
That's meant to say "on one of the other threads!"

I think she was more of a big deal in the twitter days but Gen Huss is a nasty piece of work.
I think she's trying to spread her attitude over on tiktok more these days! She always seemed so entitled and constantly complaining about politics/religion or how difficult life was while living in up in her expensive parents central London flat and getting take out chicken on the regular. Without been too ignorant to her religion/culture i never understood the move to Israel, its just running and working (is she still a PT) like she did in London, yet her living situations dont sound great and she is always wanting to visit family back home.

Anyone follow Armana Rai? I don't know what it is but she just irritates me
I donā€™t but her name was very familiarā€¦we ran the same marathon prep race a few years s back and she ran with my (super speedy) friend so after they both came up to me and she was actually really nice, friendly and encouraging (somewhat deluded in thinking I could do a 3:15 marathon - I canā€™t!). She may have changed since then or SM may be a different version of her. But compared with other ā€œbig/fastā€ runners Iā€™ve met at races, she was definitely the nicest by far!

I donā€™t follow many of the big accounts. I unfollowed quite a few recently too.

I think annatheappleblog must have had or has a problem with food and exercise.

Gen Huss is nasty. I believe she moved to Israel so she can run in the heat. She thinks sheā€™s an elite runner šŸ™„ Her whole life revolves around running.

I had to unfollow runnerof4 as her stories are šŸ„± who wants to see constant photos of other peopleā€™s children?? I donā€™t understand people who story/Instagram their whole lives. How can they ever be fully engaged with those around them when they have one eye on Instagram?

I unfollowed thisgirlcanrunfar years ago because she was secretly recording her dad and posting it on Instagram. Thatā€™s cruel.

whatcharlierannext annoys me but itā€™s compulsive viewing šŸ˜‚ sheā€™s full of self-importance.The apologies for not having good content etc make me laugh. Nobody cares!!!!

Victoriarunswild needs help.

God! I sound like a horrible person. Maybe Iā€™m the problem šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.