Running Instagrammers #9 We go by chip time around here

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m impressed with Kelly’s time, but won’t do that mileage.
Saw Runnerbeans congratulate everyone in her new reel then say she’s rebuilding her fitness… why? She wasn’t injured, she isn’t actually post partum!
Both of them are the least motivational runners ever.

I dunno why Charlie doesn’t try to own it (literally no one would blame her for running taking a back seat given she has a newborn baby). Is she out in NZ without her husband? Quite strange to be away from him for so long. I reckon she has a nanny

Reactions: 1
I’m impressed with Kelly’s time, but won’t do that mileage.
Saw Runnerbeans congratulate everyone in her new reel then say she’s rebuilding her fitness… why? She wasn’t injured, she isn’t actually post partum!
There is no need to do 55 mile weeks for that time she runs way to much given her ability. Pretty sure most who around that time will do half the mileage. Wonder why she isn’t doing Manchester after pulling out at the last minute last year ?

Came across this one claiming her watch time as her new PB, even though it’s a minute different than her actual chip time. Feels a little disingenuous to me?? Her chip time is 1:27:49 (which is an amazing time) but she’s claiming 1:26:34, her watch time, as the actual PB. It sounds like it’s a PB either way, so why fudge it like this? Don’t know about you, but I feel like the actual race result should count - GPS watches aren’t always accurate

Attachments

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Well given how she is posing, one foot 10m apart from rest of her body there probably was over a minute between her left wrist and right foot crossing the line

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Only a 10 second pb for Ben Felton in gifted Osaka marathon, i wonder if he will blame it on not running in Nikes.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Only a 10 second pb for Ben Felton in gifted Osaka marathon, i wonder if he will blame it on not running in Nikes.
he gives me the ick :sick: Are all these 'sub elite' influencers made from the same stuff

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Came across this one claiming her watch time as her new PB, even though it’s a minute different than her actual chip time. Feels a little disingenuous to me?? Her chip time is 1:27:49 (which is an amazing time) but she’s claiming 1:26:34, her watch time, as the actual PB. It sounds like it’s a PB either way, so why fudge it like this? Don’t know about you, but I feel like the actual race result should count - GPS watches aren’t always accurate
So, I’ve had a race recently that said my main time was the gun time when searching the name and it’s only when clicking into my name to look at my splits that it shows my actual chip time. It doesn’t actually say it’s the gun time until you click into it.

I know she not running influencer material but she was mentioned on her briefly last year when she did her marathon debut. I follow Sophie Wood, most of her photos are running related so just assumed the guy she was with was her coach but no turns out they were recently engaged. He must be 20+ years older! God i really he hope he wasn't her coach from a young age.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
So, I’ve had a race recently that said my main time was the gun time when searching the name and it’s only when clicking into my name to look at my splits that it shows my actual chip time. It doesn’t actually say it’s the gun time until you click into it.
Yes, I did check before posting - her gun time is 1:28:33

At least she says its watch time, which is more honest than most

Osaka seems to be the new random mara for gifting places. Saw that Sarah from the Runnign Channel was there too - they were trumpeting about her amazing new PB (isn't it like her second ever marathon or something!?) but didn't say what it actually is.

I know she not running influencer material but she was mentioned on her briefly last year when she did her marathon debut. I follow Sophie Wood, most of her photos are running related so just assumed the guy she was with was her coach but no turns out they were recently engaged. He must be 20+ years older! God i really he hope he wasn't her coach from a young age.
I think i know who you mean, i checked there ages out a park run she posted about a while back as i couldnt tell what the dynamic was and she had hashtagged something like familyisnotjustblood

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Sarah’s fitness latest meal- it’s a tiny side plate that is mostly vegetables and she has zoomed in on it to make it look bigger! And did I see that someone had ordered her coffee & some chocolate on deliveroo- friends/family obviously desperate for her to eat more

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.