Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Baabaablacksheep320

She is injured atm and think she has a had some niggles in the past too, not to mention the achilles injury after her ultra. Think the shoes are definitely partly to blame. No one else runs all their runs in racing shoes and they’re definitely not meant to be worn that way. I really respect her in other ways and appreciate the fact she’s in contact with a physio etc. However, she needs to stop giving people advice to wear racing shoes all the time though. They’re also definitely not going to make any positive impact on just an average runner which I’m assuming most of her followers and clients are. Think she needs to go get fitted for some other trainers to add to her rotation since she thinks no other shoes work for her (after only trying out about 2-3 different shoes)
To be fair I used to run only in racing flats at her age- thought I was unbreakable. A nasty calf tear taught me the hard way.

She really shouldn’t be pretending to be an expert run coach- a year or so of running is not exactly a wealth of experience.

Reactions: 1

FPbase

Another hypo here and just having your medication prescribed when it’s supposed to be is a struggle.
not sure why she felt she needs to justify herself though. When you’refamous, the weirdos come from everywhere

runlondon21

Chatty Member
not heard anyone say chinny like that for years 😂 I was fairly shocked at some of the mileage he was putting in but I always wonder if it’s the done thing at those sort of pace goals, it’s so far from anything I could hope to come near so I don’t really know 🤷‍♀️ he’s so unbelievably dull though
What time was he aiming for?

instaclowns

VIP Member
Classic Carla_buysfollowers doing a follow Friday with a self obsessed idiot and two sex offenders in instafudgie and ash_runs27 :sick:

• Sick

FPbase

her joining the Bester illegal pacing brigade at London mara last year just put the cherry on the cake for me 😒
---

sorry to give any more airtime the already over-hyped BA parkrun posts, but did anyone else notice Anya is listed as ‘unattached’ whereas Bester lists ‘Best Athletics’ as his official club 🤔 obviously it’s only parkrun so doesn’t really mean anything (despite the way Nick is posting) but for official races what do they both use? 🫣
Same thought, but maybe she hasn’t changed her club in PR (you need to actively do it, it’s not like power of 10)

Humblebrag

Chatty Member
2:40. Though he's keen to remind us all it was only a warm-up race. Yup, fly all the way to Seville for shits and giggles. Of course.

Someone I know bought one of his advanced marathon plans. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The amount of weekly workouts was insane and looked like a recipe for burnout or injury, something BP excels at. I am genuinely baffled people buy into him and his overpriced singlets.
REST DAY!

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
Whilst on the subject of clothes can anyone recommend any good quality ladies long sleeved tops? Bonus if they do high vis colours for night running
I have a long sleeve fluorescent yellow one that's from dhb at wiggle, it's probably 5 years old now but it's my go to. It's on the thicker side and v comfy.

flyscraper

Has anyone done any of Emma Kirk’s plans?
I haven't but I follow her on insta (assume this is Emma Kirk-Odunubi you mean right?) and she seems really solid, no nonsense, knows what she's talking about. I've always thought of her more as a strength and conditioning person, though.

FPbase

Gosh I can't wait for this, what an amazing lineup.

One is a boring wanker with no personality

The other is an older version of Fudgie, sliding into messages with dick pics and being a general perv

And last but not least, someone I've genuinely never even heard of.

🥱🥱🥱
went to the first one and it was the weirdest experience ever!

• Haha
Not sure if she still is but Sally Radcliffe/O'Gorman used to be a coach at Purdue performance and she posted very restrictive what i eat in a day videos on her tiktok when she was training for Seville and Euro 50k comp, like she would have a single rice cake pre run!
---

I think she is around 34/35
I think Sally has got a lot better now and has a really healthy balance but I get where you are coming from. No one is perfect but I just worry about the influence when people have a large following.
---

Not sure if she still is but Sally Radcliffe/O'Gorman used to be a coach at Purdue performance and she posted very restrictive what i eat in a day videos on her tiktok when she was training for Seville and Euro 50k comp, like she would have a single rice cake pre run!
---

I think she is around 34/35
Wow I thought she was like 26 😳 I guess I get mistaken for a lot younger (I get ID’d for neurofen lol). I have an ED but I’m also like 5 ft nothing tall.

irunforfun

VIP Member
I’ve never understood how people can run and race in shorts. I really feel the cold and no matter what the distance or pace, my limbs are always very very cold. Even in special warm running tights. I guess I’m very very very soft?!

irunforfun

VIP Member
@nwrunner If it helps, I’ve run many marathons wearing double layers, gloves etc whilst everyone around me has been in shorts and vests - go with what's right for you and your body, and as it gets warmer, try different things out. (Innov8 do an amazing thermo mitten btw)

As if Lilliesfitness had 6 gels on her 12 mile run today. So fake, it’s like she’s a walking advert for the Maurtan (or whatever they’re called) brand gels. 🤣 I did a 12 mile run today too, no rip-off expensive gels whatsoever just ate & drank sufficiently beforehand, was perfectly fine 🤷‍♀️

..Anyone else getting fed up with the obligatory run then coffee story/posts from most of these running people? I don’t understand is it a craze or something, run then coffee? 🤪 running then rewarding yourself with coffee? Wouldn’t you have the coffee before running to give yourself caffeine boost? Keep noticing it everywhere. Why is it a thing on instagram, I don’t get it.
6 gels on a 12 mile run?! If you need that much methinks you shouldn’t be running (because obvs too tired/underfueled). And if you can stomach that much - I know Maurten is marketed as being easy on the digestive system but surely that’s gotta have some adverse effects if not at the time but later in the day?! Not to mention how bleeding expensive they are, would be unrealistic for most regular people to use that many on a training run. Bizarre ‘marketing’ that is clearly BS…

Ha yeah I’m def a coffee AFTER running (💩) but agree it is becoming the new post run selfie and boring now…