Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
095DFB7B-4204-46E4-B242-884E0D5A24CC.jpeg

Got reminded of this after looking at who someone else was following.
At least after doing Nothing for about two years he got booted from the ASICS happy clapper squad.

Reactions: 2

snapdrag0n

VIP Member
I find a lot of “recovered” ED sufferers just end up with massive exercise addictions, which being very good at running justifies.
I see this a lot in the lifting community. Now I’ve had to move to gym based over running, I thought I’d go down that route and no I can’t follow many. The lifting justifies continued obsession just with macros over calories, and whilst some look healthy now, the obsession with looks/PBs/food is still concerning.

oatybites

View attachment 1963220

my suggested Instagram accounts are all weirdos because of you lot. I actually only follow a few core numpties. It’s the searching for the freaks who are referenced here that means I get suggested more oddities.

63 miles for a half marathon training plan? That’s massive surely. Even Kellogs isn’t doing that much for a marathon!
63 mile week is massive, even for a marathon training plan! She doesn’t take any rest days from running. Something about her screams vegan 🤣🤣 says she’s not bothered by a good time for the half marathon…Yeah right!! Why sign up for one then? only say that because she won’t be able to get a “brilliant” time as she’s so burnt out from all that training.
Runnermancbee back on the 9 mile daily runs too and emphasising ALL THE FOOD she’s eating 🙄

Sarah posted a memory of the round the walls from three years ago. While still a very slim person, her face is so much fuller and she looks so much healthier

Of course, but they would need to not be a dickhead like these lot are and the charge per person would be significantly lower. A coach at my run club has represented Australia and he coaches twice per week at the club for anyone, runs a clinic for free Saturday's to take questions or offer some advice and for personal coaching her charges £35 per month and £15 for students. Does personal plans, you can contact him at any time and he's really a really nice person who doesn't use social media for his stuff. It just works
He sounds like a saint! But on the whole £35 only really covers 1-2 hours of his time, and what he is offering sounds like it would take a lot longer than that, therefore people like this simply won’t exist as online coaches unfortunately.
---
I just think so much online coaching cheap or otherwise can easily be replicated with runners world plans, or if you are a bit more experienced and hold up to harder higher milage, the AW marathon plans are good too
The cheap copy and paste plans (such as what Bester is alleged to be sending) are the same as runners world or from reading a running book. The difference is they don’t provide feedback to athletes, which is the costly part of online coaching.

runlondon21

Chatty Member
Nike Alphafly and Vaporfly, basically just anything that’s Nike and carbon plated
Think she also uses the Nike Tempo Next % quite a lot. I agree that she needs to go get professionally fitted for some different trainers, but I’m sure they won’t look “cool” enough for her. I wonder if her physio is evaluating her footwear choice, I would hope so!

FPbase

I think this is more or less how those IG coaches (and not IG work). They send you a plan suitable for Kipchoge, people improve in different levels depending on genetics, and then burnout/injury. There are some capable of resist for longer, those became IG stars

FPbase

I agree, I like Hoka trail shoes but not their road shoes. For some reason lots of gym influencers seem to be obsessed with Hokas now, I’m not sure why. I reckon a standard running brand like Brooks or Asics wasn’t flash enough for her so she’s kept to the Nikes. Every video of herself running, you can hear her stomping around like she’s wearing flippers 😂

The shoes must be way too small for her, with the amount of blisters and blood she seems to get. It’s frustrating that she perpetuates this as normal, instead of just going to a running shop and trying loads of different models until she finds one that doesn’t cause pain! If a shoe fits well, there’s no reason that should happen on some bog standard training run.

I also hate the “I have small boobs, I don’t need a supportive bra for cardio” nonsense. They’ve shown that your ligaments can get stretched out overtime regardless of breast size, so it’s a silly thing to go on about. Why not just wear an appropriate running bra?
could be that she's used to have a size for her gym shoes, and may need a bigger one for running. As simple as that

Northernscumpet

Chatty Member
I dragged myself out yesterday and hated every minute, I’ve got a trail race tomorrow that I keep thinking I could just miss because it was only £8 so not a huge loss because I can’t be bothered 🤦‍♀️😂

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
I'm strongly disagree with surrogacy, and this is not making me think any better to be honest.
I also disagree with it. However I did assume that a bit like adoption it would come with some support attached, but maybe not if it's a purely private arrangement?I t's clear she has had little/no support in bonding or the practical stuff (like how to avoid nappy rash!!)

With her resources you'd think antenatal classes, maybe even additional therapy to help with attachment would be within reach (not diagnosing here, but I'd do everything I could to foster a bond where the biological drives weren't there - I went to NHS group therapy for PND and in the group there were people with bonding issues, but they were accessing help for it).
---

It baffles me that you’d think it was safe for your own outfit/mat/etc to proceed in baby yoga with a dirty nappy, even if you don’t seem to especially care about your baby’s comfort.

The fact she shares on social media that she doesn’t bother to change him when he inconveniences her blows my mind. It’s 101 stuff - fed, clean, warm.
Especially with poos from that age, they do not stay contained!

FPbase

If someone contacted me like you did, I would take it seriously, and even if I didn’t want to address my own issues and gain weight / start fuelling better, I would be concerned about the potential impact I was having on others by what I was posting. It’s not that she has to stop posting about her running but the constant ‘how small am I’ and tiny tiny portions of the SAME food kind of shit. And pretending to eat loads of cake when she clearly doesn’t. She’s small naturally yes but not that small, and the way she shows it off is not normal and the real problem here
even if she eats the cake, the amount of total calories is not enough to support the training.

Northernscumpet

Chatty Member
I'm so glad I don't race much and am in the grim north where I expect I wouldn't bump into him. I can see Sarah is on the entry list for an upcoming race I'll be at though.

Northernscumpet

Chatty Member
It just kind of clicks in to the back of mine (I have a 245) but it doesn't always connect very well...it's possible my connector bit needs a clean but yeah, I think they're crap 😆 my old garmin had the clip on charger thing which at least held it in place.

instaidiotics

Chatty Member
I went to watch the video as I’ve never watched Lucy Davis and the bloody shoes 🤢 not a good sign. I’m guessing she’s never tried much other than Nike, if her only other running shoe attempt was Hokas that’s hardly trying variety to know Nike suits best. I’ve tried quite a few brands and I like Hoka trail shoes but the road shoes felt really strange to me. She’s also going to say Gymshark do the best running clothes when they sponsor her 😂 my saggy old lady boobs need a bit of strapping down and I like pockets on my leggings. I’m mostly just a bit jealous of these super strong young women though because I’m middle aged and not gifted athletically and couldn’t do one push up 😂😂 my trainers don’t have blood on them though 👍
The amount of ‘adjustments’ she makes to her bra and leggings in her strength videos is enough to put me off gym shark forever. I think it’s more a habit / part of the pose but does my head in. Also I also think they’d be crap for running.

• Haha