Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

oatybites

Haha so Annatheapple wears her Garmin on her ankle for her buggy runs, so that it records every precious step!! 🤣

Reactions: 2

zetta buttons

VIP Member
I think it’s because it’s the only half in January and it’s flat up this way. I wonder if Georgina is going to be there?? She was last year, her mom was taking pictures of her.
There’s central Lancashire too. I dns that one once because I wasn’t going over the Pennines in horrendous weather. That’s fast and flat, it’s where I got my half pb.

FPbase

I’ve seen one of his generic plans that he sells on his website…it’s absolutely awful. Again, it just builds and builds with no recovery. No apparent rhyme or reason to a lot of the workouts, and a lot of unexplained crap miles included…the guy is a joke, I really don’t get why people are so obsessed with him.
I was sent on of his plans by a runner telling me how he trained for sub3 to run 3:30, and had the nerve to give me advice (I’m faster than him, and I didn’t train like a lunatic).
The plan was a no no for me, just insane. And try to do that around a full time job plus commuting… hahahahaha

flyscraper

Oh that reminds me, I saw a post she put up a few weeks ago in a pair of Saysky shorts she'd literally tucked into her arse. WTF.

---

He's a fraud. Heard he's an awful coach and someone in my London work office went a couple of times to the Tracksmith run club and said he ignored her and another and was really arrogant. He's an awful bloke
I know someone who went a couple of times recently and said it was incredibly cliquey - everyone seemed to know each other already and be part of his gang? Said she wouldn't go back. I went last summer and enjoyed it, though just happened to run with a nice chatty guy so probably just luck. But it wasn't Amrit then, either, not in charge anyway.

louise1976

Brass monkey is ridiculous. It’s a fast race, but the hype I don’t get. And is so bloody expensive these days
I think it’s because it’s the only half in January and it’s flat up this way. I wonder if Georgina is going to be there?? She was last year, her mom was taking pictures of her.

Can someone make the new thread? I think I’m dim but I can’t work out how to close this and start a new one - I think one page back we had the perfect name

I’ve got a tiny frame - I feel your pain! and really struggle with HRMs and also like the belts you put numbers/gels on? The smallest size is often too big!
For HRM I’ve just ended up sticking with my watch. Not ideal but better than running around looking like I’m playing with my boobs the whole time adjusting an HRM 25 times a minute 😅

AshM

I changed my form by aiming to forefoot strike instead of heel strike because I was often getting knee injuries for speed work. It is generally second nature now but for long distances, I notice myself going back to my heels, so it’s obvs not total second nature yet😂

I just find it comes across like such a backhanded compliment when people say to or about Anya “look her form is shit but she’s so fast so that’s great”🙈 I wonder if she regrets sharing she lost her period now she’s back on marathon training.

Lemming312

VIP Member
I'm so glad I don't race much and am in the grim north where I expect I wouldn't bump into him. I can see Sarah is on the entry list for an upcoming race I'll be at though.
Same, the only one up near me is Kirsty but she doesn't seem to do local races/parkrun very often.

FPbase

Who else now? I see that Kirstysbegging got one miraculously a day or two after a beg of a story about her Garmin
I saw Dan was gifted one (#gifted), I don't follow the people we talk here, I thought coros was starting a "campaign" on IG
My problem is not IGs starts using something, it's that I don't know someone using coros paid from its own pocket.

WeepingCassandra

VIP Member
Maybe this was why as I ran and then the next day did a buggy run and they hurt then! I buggy run maybe once a week max and find it so much harder! I had to miss my run today, going to try my first park run tomorrow and then long run Sunday, will try doing some stretching as well and see if it helps. I also did the worst gym class which I really think didn’t help!
Also worth thinking about the terrain you’re running on and your shoes! If you only run on road you might find you’re more prone to it.

irunforfun

VIP Member
Story naming covid has conveniently disappeared but evidence of being out and about hours later still there. She is more of a triathlon person but in Ed recovery at moment.

Anyone have any thoughts on Jeff Pelletier?

Personally: I find his running content so dull / boring / repetitive. (especially his big race stuff, Georgia series recently on YouTube). He does everything 'right', never seems to struggle, seems a bit condescending or patronising towards other runners - just thinks he's the bee's knee's basically.
Yeah, I know what you mean. Some of the stuff is pretty to look at, but he's so monotone and dreary.

While we're talking about YouToobers: Seth Demoor is a bellend of the highest order. I'm glad he failed miserably at his return race last weekend, but he won't learn from it. There's a highly entertaining thread on LetsRun.com about him if anyone's bored.